Poll

Who's excited for Warrens' return?

me
- 8 (16%)
me
- 2 (4%)
me
- 5 (10%)
help i'm trapped in a poll i don't know why i'm here i'm so scared someone please help
- 29 (58%)
me
- 6 (12%)

Total Members Voted: 50

Pages: 1 ... 130 131 [132] 133 134 ... 1544

Author Topic: (ISG) The Warrens of Oric the Awesome ???  (Read 3756771 times)

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
Re: (ISG) The Warrens of Oric the Awesome: Slog is the new Cool Crab
« Reply #1965 on: March 16, 2013, 12:03:22 am »

D'AAAWWWWWWWW

I can't wait for such moments to continue right up till we hit another cerebus moment and everything gets shot to me.
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

Slayerhero90

• Bay Watcher
  • Time for Taako's opinion.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1966 on: March 16, 2013, 12:05:58 am »

EAT SLOG, GAIN SUPERPOWERS.
My tumblr.
Yeah no I don't haunt here anymore. Peace

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1967 on: March 16, 2013, 12:07:53 am »

D'AAAWWWWWWWW

I can't wait for such moments to continue right up till we hit another cerebus moment and everything gets shot to me.

((Wouldn't this whole update be a Cerebus Moment? It's heavily dramatic, even for this story.))

Vgray

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1968 on: March 16, 2013, 12:09:06 am »

So....where is Al?

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #1969 on: March 16, 2013, 12:09:21 am »

Apologize to Riltia and give her a hug.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #1970 on: March 16, 2013, 12:10:05 am »

Also menus on Slog.  He didn't actually eat the mushroom!
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Greenstarfanatic

• Bay Watcher
  • I wanna be a cow boy babey
    • View Profile
« Reply #1971 on: March 16, 2013, 12:10:22 am »

((I just realized we could take the Sinister Sibling sidequest. If we had the money. After all, we have Riltia.))
Hey, don't forget about research boy sitting right here!

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #1972 on: March 16, 2013, 12:11:13 am »

And Proxxy.

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1973 on: March 16, 2013, 12:11:35 am »

D'AAAWWWWWWWW

((Wouldn't this whole update be a Cerebus Moment? It's heavily dramatic, even for this story.))

This is what we in the buisness like to call a 'Not calling into being an eldritch triangle yandere monster' moment.

I will never let this go.
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
  • Warning: May contain ham
    • View Profile
« Reply #1974 on: March 16, 2013, 12:25:04 am »

Alright... Use fountain to complete current side quest, get money. All I have right now, to be honest. We can either do more arena, go explore more, or what not. Wait, wait...

VISIT THE MARKETPLACE! I want to see what they got there, why waste money on these over-priced smucks if we can get it cheaper, no? Hurrah for free market!

Fenrir

• Bay Watcher
  • The Monstrous Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1975 on: March 16, 2013, 12:38:30 am »

I wonder if Ciro’s real fear is that Rilita isn’t interested in him now that he is a woman. If I remember the shipping grid correctly, that isn’t true, but Ciro can’t see the shipping grid. Gender stereotyping exists in-universe, so it’s likely that the proportions of the sexual orientations are also similar to reality, and that would make it less likely that Rilita isn’t bisexual or lesbian, and it would also make Ciro more likely to assume she isn’t. Considering that neither one of them have admitted their feelings to the other, it’s also something he might not admit.

This will probably become headcanon if I think about it much more.

Cerol Lenslens

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1976 on: March 16, 2013, 12:52:54 am »

Also menus on Slog.  He didn't actually eat the mushroom!

What's better than a slime? A giant slime!

I wonder how seriously to take that 'Care and Feeding of Mercenaries' thing.

Anyways, here's the stuff I remember off-hand as far as adventure hooks:

- A second randomized quest statue near the Buy/Sell/Arena place. (We are never going to complete that first statue's quest, but maybe the second one won't care.)

- Chest full of loot in a chasm right before the pedestal area with the tentacle ceiling monster.

- The Arena. We ought to be able to handle the beginner fights, especially with our new slime pet mercenary.

- The merchant back on D1 who had a number of options we never obtained. We'd probably have to hang around on D1 in order to get Fountain Pence to pay him, though, since they seem to be almost universally reviled. Sort of like actual pennies, I guess.

- Looking for the Skill Tree we lost when we fell down Roxxy's trap door.

- Finding and rerecruiting Al.
"I've got a plan, hear me out on this one... I want to almost murder you."
"Boy, sure wish as Queen of the entire realm I had somebody to help me out with this. Advisor, tutor, anyone who knows what the hell they're looking at really.

Alas, the life of a Queen is a lonely one. Do the things with the whatsit."

Vgray

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1977 on: March 16, 2013, 12:57:07 am »

It's time to get the band* back together.

*Of heroic adventurer types. Wait, isn't Al a Bard or something?

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1978 on: March 16, 2013, 02:15:53 am »

((So apparently it was a full month ago that I mentioned that I hadn't been keeping up with this, but was going to from that point on. I was full of lies, as usual, and promptly got curious, started off where I had left off, and then slacked off.

So now at long last I've read up to the present, and I have to say what. I also have to say that this and you are awesome and brilliant, FFS.

In particular and most recently, the Care and Feeding of Mercenaries part was hilarious. The latter part of #5 in particular:
5. Don't let them solve puzzles. The rate of puzzle failure skyrockets by 500% when left up to a mercenary. They are battle monkeys and, being soulless husks, don't think well on their own.
Made me writhe with laughter. It was absolutely brilliant.))

Alright... Use fountain to complete current side quest, get money. All I have right now, to be honest. We can either do more arena, go explore more, or what not. Wait, wait...

VISIT THE MARKETPLACE! I want to see what they got there, why waste money on these over-priced smucks if we can get it cheaper, no? Hurrah for free market!
Do we know where the marketplace is? I've been in a bit of a rush, but if we do, yeah, let's check it out.

- A second randomized quest statue near the Buy/Sell/Arena place. (We are never going to complete that first statue's quest, but maybe the second one won't care.)
This should definitely be a priority, but a priority in planning, not rushing off and doing. Completing the quest is irrelevant if starting it gets us a new party member. Bonus points for love interest! Oh god a triangle why.

So in that vein, any suggestions? There's certainly no guarantee that it'll be another ignorable kill quest, but we might as well aim for the top, right?

Accordingly, my vote goes for blood rubies. That would make a pretty interesting character, I think.

Otherwise, my vote goes for trying to complete the healer's quest so we can recover completely and without cost using only a fountain (warning, assumptions apply). Arena fights are very nice, but they do beat us up, which require refresh potions to cure, which cuts into our profit margins.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't think I !!am!!, therefore I !!am!! not
    • View Profile
Re: (ISG) The Warrens of Oric the Awesome: THE CROSSOVERENA
« Reply #1979 on: March 16, 2013, 02:54:51 am »

Also, I use AutoHotkey for some bbcode stuff. For example, if I press my windows key + 2 on my numberpad...

"I get this picture and text color instantly."
...you're a genius.

FFS, what do you use to write up those speech boxes with portraits next to them?

Also, the new Riltia design is kinda meh. With those slumped shoulders she looks like a scoliosic ogre. :(
Pages: 1 ... 130 131 [132] 133 134 ... 1544