Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Neighbours with "Castle"?  (Read 2027 times)

Russell.s

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Neighbours with "Castle"?
« on: August 20, 2020, 06:35:02 am »

So I generated a world and noted history was flying by quickly; obviously there weren't many historical figures running around lagging everything up. I went to embark, and saw something I've not seen before: one of my neighbours is "Castle".

https://imgur.com/a/GdT23Rl

What's happening here? Perhaps a necromancer has taken over a (now deceased) human castle instead of a tower?

The world gen parameters if anyone wants to take a look themselves. The "Castle" neighbour is centered on the eastern side of the evil mountains.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: August 20, 2020, 06:56:54 am by Russell.s »

PatrikLundell

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Neighbours with "Castle"?
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2020, 08:01:48 am »

I've seen necro towers funding sites, although I don't remember which type(s), but it's the new kind, so that's probably the case. I haven't seen necros conquering things, but then I've looked more at site funding than conquest (and it doesn't help that Legends Mode info only indicates site ownership changes in half of the cases.

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
  • Master of the randomly generated
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2020, 03:40:35 pm »

It's a necromancer who hasn't moved out into a tower yet.

FantasticDorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2020, 04:49:50 pm »

You've encountered necromancer Donald Trump.  :P

But in reality they've probably schemed their way into a senior position for a human civilization (which is where they pool up) and the game has gotten all confused especially if the necro bought it under guise of a wealthy individual.

Russell.s

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 21, 2020, 04:17:41 am »

Thanks for the explanations everyone. It isn't quite as interesting as I thought! Oh well :)