Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 91 92 [93] 94 95 ... 632

Author Topic: Stellaris: Paradox Interactive IN SPACE  (Read 1678622 times)

BuriBuriZaemon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Stellaris: Paradox Interactive IN SPACE
« Reply #1380 on: April 15, 2016, 04:12:26 am »

Bought the Nova Edition. This is the game I've been waiting to be produced for a loooooooooong time!
Napalm is great if you enjoy hot and spicy foods. I personally enjoy some liquid nitrogen.

Steam profile: Elsior
Friend Code: 2938 - 7181 - 3815 (Elsior/Elle Ciel)

Majestic7

• Bay Watcher
  • Invokes Yog-Soggoth to bend time
    • View Profile
« Reply #1381 on: April 15, 2016, 04:34:58 am »

So who is going to be the first to mod dworves into the game? Or great toads.

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
  • BOOM! Avatar gone! (for now)
    • View Profile
« Reply #1382 on: April 15, 2016, 04:42:10 am »

So who is going to be the first to mod dworves into the game?

Well, one would have to be able to animate portraits, maybe not all that necessary at first.
I guess a still image would be possible.
And then a name list should be made.
Names however seem to be tied to phenotypes, so a new "Dwarvish" phenotype might be needed as well.
Emblems might not be too important, unless you want maces, pickaxes, beer kegs, and other dwarven-themed emblems.

I guess that's all that's needed really.

Majestic7

• Bay Watcher
  • Invokes Yog-Soggoth to bend time
    • View Profile
« Reply #1383 on: April 15, 2016, 04:51:07 am »

Needs temper tantrums resulting in the destruction of entire planets, though - and the occasional masterwork starship made of the skin and bones of the locals (with engravings of burning elephants).

Culise

• Bay Watcher
  • General Nuisance
    • View Profile
« Reply #1384 on: April 15, 2016, 08:03:26 am »

I wonder if you actually need to import animated avvies, or if (like Civ 4) you can get away with static images in the place of dynamic leaderheads.  It'll look better with the latter, for certes, but the former could work as a stopgap as well. 

Also, Nova edition here as well.  I suppose, when all is said and done, I still consider Paradox worth the trust of a full-price buy, and the Nova edition, while not offering much above the standard, is the price I would have expected for the base game. 

Greenbane

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1385 on: April 15, 2016, 10:56:15 am »

It costs 699 rubles for me. Or roughly $10.5. :P

I wouldn't think of not buying something from Steam as long as it keeps up this sort of regional pricing here. :)

Yeah, Russia consistently has the highest discounts, but also the harshest region locks and then some. That is, Russian copies sometimes only have a Russian localization. Not to mention trade locks on Steam. Given the very significant economic benefit, obviously publishers will do their darnedest to keep it contained within the intended region.

Also, Nova edition here as well.  I suppose, when all is said and done, I still consider Paradox worth the trust of a full-price buy, and the Nova edition, while not offering much above the standard, is the price I would have expected for the base game. 

Nova Squad! We are go!

:P
« Last Edit: April 15, 2016, 11:09:12 am by Greenbane »

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
  • Tail of a stinging scorpion scourge
    • View Profile
« Reply #1386 on: April 15, 2016, 11:40:30 am »

BFEL purposely preordered standard edition. Because BFEL is cheap.
7/10 Has much more memorable sigs but casts them to the realm of sigtexts.

Indeed, I do this.

Cruxador

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1387 on: April 15, 2016, 12:07:30 pm »

Names however seem to be tied to phenotypes, so a new "Dwarvish" phenotype might be needed as well.
I think that although the current name lists are divided by phenotype, there's no reason it needs to be that way always.
BFEL purposely preordered standard edition. Because BFEL is cheap.
I'm with you. I can't justify paying ten bucks for a spider and some pointless gimmick content. There's got to be a line somewhere.

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1388 on: April 15, 2016, 12:57:15 pm »

I haven't pre-ordered it. The line must be drawn here, this far and no farther. ;)
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.
Dwarf Fortress Map Archive

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #1389 on: April 15, 2016, 01:01:48 pm »

I haven't pre-ordered it. The line must be drawn here, this far and no farther. ;)
Same. I would have if it was >$25 but not right now no. After all, I'm still fully confident this game won't be all that upon release or at least until the first few DLC.

Cruxador

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1390 on: April 15, 2016, 01:02:34 pm »

Same. I would have if it was >$25 but not right now no. After all, I'm still fully confident this game won't be all that upon release or at least until the first few DLC.
I think your sign is backwards, because this game is >$25.

Greenbane

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1391 on: April 15, 2016, 01:24:56 pm »

I do expect the usual massive convoy of post-release DLC, including graphics packs (species, logos, ship styles, etc.), music packs, ebook novels, expansions and the most questionable expansion "content packs". With a small amount of luck, the base game will be solid enough to encourage that kind of production.

Personally, I paid a bit more than necessary because I want to support Paradox and want them to keep making games and extra content.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #1392 on: April 15, 2016, 02:30:34 pm »

Comrade, I stand with you!
Love, scriver~

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • I wear many masks, none of them have names.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1393 on: April 15, 2016, 02:55:01 pm »

Us great stalwart warriors of not paying money for things.
This unit is known to the state of california to occasionally misuse technical language.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1394 on: April 15, 2016, 02:58:07 pm »

While I probably would've preordered this, I bought BDO earlier in the month and thus should probably wait on buying another $30 game.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.
Pages: 1 ... 91 92 [93] 94 95 ... 632