Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 37 38 [39] 40 41 ... 123

Author Topic: BYOR 13 - Game Over: Thirteen  (Read 242694 times)

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
Re: BYOR 13 - Day 2: Not Today
« Reply #570 on: August 16, 2014, 01:38:48 pm »

Spoiler: Cheeetar (click to show/hide)

IronyOwl, are you a lyncher?
No. I want you dead as only a small part of my wincon.

Persus:
Cheeetar, IronyOwl:
You going to anything in this game, besides argue with each other?
IronyOwl: You realize it's entirely possible that Cheeetar could be an alignment that isn't mafia or town and revolves around him surviving. SO your comment that he has to be scum isn't necessarily true.
Haven't I?

That's why I asked him about it. He claimed town, though, so either he's malicious or unnecessarily lying about it.

flabort:
IronyOwl When did you start ignoring Jiokuy/MysteriousBluePuppet? What are you going to do to fix this?
Since game start. Nothing until he does something to warrant it, possibly including doing nothing for excessively long periods of time.

I'm too lazy to dig up the exact quotes, but I seem to remember you explaining that:
-You set up the lynch because it'd avoid suspicion
-You set up the lynch because you didn't know you could just hammer someone

Did you lie? I can go find the exact quotes I'm thinking of if necessary.

TolyK:
Unless you make the first move, others make the first move. The outcome heavily depends on who moves first. Agreeing amongst everyone to not lynch is nearly impossible (though hammering would be incriminating to people not on the hammering block), while having the other person hammer you is bad for whatever alignment because they might not br (or are definitely not) your alignment, and given everyone being more or less equal in terms of power, hammering would be the optimal choice in both game theory and statistics.
But you agree that hammering is incriminating. That seems to imply there's something unoptimal about it; not just from a suspicions standpoint, but regarding its worth to town and therefore odds of a townie performing it.

More directly, you discount the benefits to town from having a discussion about it rather than a race, understate the fractional alignment gains to town from the likelihood that the other person is town as well, and rely on circular "I have to do X or else he'll do X because he knows otherwise I'll do X" logic to describe the situation in general.

Jack A T:
IronyOwl: Please summarize your case against Cheeetar.
He pulled an unabashedly self-serving, cowardly move with the hammer, and has since been completely and utterly unashamed of it, consistently and defensively dodged every attempt to question any aspect of it, and done very little since except defend himself as an utter victim with absolutely zero say in the matter far as I can tell.

Imp:
IronyOwl:
He had the good sense to set it up but not actually fire. If he'd panicked all the way, he could have just hammered a target, any target, all on his own. Instead he set up a loaded gun at each of two suspects, and left it up to everyone else as to which or any trigger they wanted to pull. Meaning, nominally, to the town collectively.

The bolded part of your logic trail loses me.  How can you describe preparations that puts a hammer in the hands of any single individual who acts first to be given 'to the town collectively'?  This also seems to clash with other things you said.  Why'd you include that sentence?
Public decisions tend to fall under the purview of the game, and therefore largely and officially of the town, as a whole. It's true that anyone could have made the call, and in this case did, but most people, or at least most people not racing someone else, probably would have let it lie to discuss what to do about it rather than seizing it for themselves because they could.

Hence, town collectively. The specifics of this situation made that rather more tenuous and strongly pointed at two particular outcomes, hence nominally.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
« Reply #571 on: August 16, 2014, 03:27:02 pm »

@Flabort: Random crap would include blatant WIFOM, rolefishing, otherwise distracting town from lynching scum. Scum hunting is the opposite of random cap, in this discussion.

@Irony: This was analyzed from the point of view of someone on the chopping block (one of the two), but you're right in that I missed some immediate benefits, as well as missing the fact that the first to post could say "NOBODY FREAKN HAMMR" etc.
It was a simplified model, yet I believe rightfully simplified.
My Mafia Stats
just do whatevery tolyK and blame it as a bastard mod
Shakerag: Who are you personally suspicious of?
At this point?  TolyK.

flabort

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a demilich, despite the 4e and 5e nerfs
    • View Profile
« Reply #572 on: August 16, 2014, 11:02:14 pm »

I'm too lazy to dig up the exact quotes, but I seem to remember you explaining that:
-You set up the lynch because it'd avoid suspicion
-You set up the lynch because you didn't know you could just hammer someone

Did you lie? I can go find the exact quotes I'm thinking of if necessary.
No, I didn't lie. I don't lie to town as town; the worst I do is omit information and distract from certain issues (often, it turns out, important issues).
And yeah, that's pretty much the summary of why I did it.

@Flabort: Random crap would include blatant WIFOM, rolefishing, otherwise distracting town from lynching scum. Scum hunting is the opposite of random cap, in this discussion.
OK, sure.

Quick post, since I just got home from a day-trip and it's already too late to go and do any major analysis. But something funny? I thought the day was going to end today, thinking today was Friday and the day ended Friday; I guess Monday is the day end.
So I'll make sure to do more tomorrow.
The Cyan Menace

Went away for a while, came back, went away for a while, and back for now.

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
« Reply #573 on: August 17, 2014, 04:09:16 am »

People not to lynch:
- Toaster 98%
- Tiruin 95%
- Flabort 75% if he keeps promise, 35% if not
- Varee 60%

I currently won't explain why, but. Yeah.
My Mafia Stats
At this point?  TolyK.

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
« Reply #574 on: August 17, 2014, 04:11:23 am »

Oh, and lynching me is not something I'd like, but that's really up to you. You don't know that I'm town yourselves, so...
My Mafia Stats
At this point?  TolyK.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #575 on: August 17, 2014, 04:30:06 am »

pfp

Aw c'mon, TolyK. You've got to give some supporting reasons. Tiruin I think is probably legit, Varee is useless but yeah maybe on reflection not scum-useless. Toaster has struggled to muster a case and Flabort is super sketchy... why should we even care what percentages your pulling out?

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
« Reply #576 on: August 17, 2014, 06:09:25 am »

I want to put out information before I'm likely dead, but want to increase my life expectancy. That is, I'm not comfortable telling how I got this quite yet.

Those with a high percentage are almost guaranteed to be town and should not be lynched, from my perspective. This stuff would be confirmed by my death or my confirmation from someone else. However, I'd prefer to get more info before dying... :P
My Mafia Stats
At this point?  TolyK.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #577 on: August 17, 2014, 06:23:52 am »

You've got special info... is it a role power or are you claiming to be paying better attention than anyone else?

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
« Reply #578 on: August 17, 2014, 06:45:05 am »

I'm claiming that I currently know more than you, and will likely know even more later. Quit trying to get me to say where I know it from, since I'm not going to say today. At least not planning on it.
My Mafia Stats
At this point?  TolyK.

Cheeetar

• Bay Watcher
  • Spaceghost Perpetrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #579 on: August 17, 2014, 08:50:29 am »

TolyK: Why are you so willing to tell us what you know and not how you know?
Do you intend us to take you at your word when you claim these things, or only after the death you feel is imminent?
I've played some mafia.

Most of the time when someone is described as politically correct they are simply correct.

Nerjin

• Bay Watcher
  • A photo is worth 1,000 words... all: Guilty!
    • View Profile
« Reply #580 on: August 17, 2014, 09:27:50 am »

I'm claiming that I currently know more than you, and will likely know even more later. Quit trying to get me to say where I know it from, since I'm not going to say today. At least not planning on it.

So... You've decided that instead of telling us how you know these things you'll just paint a giant target on your back and take the secret to your grave. Am I understanding you correctly?

Otherwise, stating "I have a way to figure out scum and stuff but I won't reveal how." seems rather... Foolish.
The demon code prevents me from declining a rock-off challenge.

Is the admiral of the SS Lapidot.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #581 on: August 17, 2014, 09:33:33 am »

Erm ._.
Sorry for my absence over the weekend. Had a family-time and then when I was free, that one B12 thread happened that had be divert my attention.

Extend? I'll make a post by Monday evening (my time, GMT +8).

Mysteriousbluepuppet

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #582 on: August 17, 2014, 10:16:38 am »

I'D like an Extend too. DOnt have a free day till tuesday

Cheeetar

• Bay Watcher
  • Spaceghost Perpetrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #583 on: August 17, 2014, 10:41:21 am »

If you'd like more time to post reads and stuff, I'll toss my vote in for extend. I don't see my vote moving off Flabort though.
I've played some mafia.

Most of the time when someone is described as politically correct they are simply correct.

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • 4mask always angle, do figure his!
    • View Profile
« Reply #584 on: August 17, 2014, 10:54:52 am »

[joke]4maskwolf for bandwagoning on extend![/joke]

No, but seriously, extend.
Pages: 1 ... 37 38 [39] 40 41 ... 123