Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2264 2265 [2266] 2267 2268 ... 3837

Author Topic: What's going on in your fort?  (Read 5897807 times)

BluarianKnight

• Bay Watcher
  • Gimme a soul, sailor.
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your fort?
« Reply #33975 on: April 05, 2014, 06:13:20 pm »

Well, my current fort is just starting (Genesis, by the way.) I've been playing around a lot of mods, and I kind of.. lost interest with Masterwork. But anyways. I've got two miners digging down into my soon to be major stairwell, to find some metals to smelt. .. They just found the caverns, unsure whether or not to block it off. Eh, not yet. I'm here for lotsa bloodful, gorey fun! The farms are being dug out, and my only swordsman has been chasing Aurochs (I ordered him to) the entire time. Eventful!
A beautiful lesbian trans lass, I'll punch ya dork.

doublestrafe

• Bay Watcher
  • [PONY_DEPENDENT]
    • View Profile
« Reply #33976 on: April 06, 2014, 04:42:38 am »

Finally figured out how to add custom clothing to a civilization and get it to work. I may have gotten a bit carried away.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

They may be hiding underground from a flock of giant peach-faced lovebird corpses, but they're doing it looking fabulous.

klefenz

• Bay Watcher
  • Obey the Fist!
    • View Profile
« Reply #33977 on: April 06, 2014, 05:03:22 am »

Coward goblins siege.

Send my military.

10 soldiers with melee weapons, full masterwork. Armor of steel, and weapons of steel/silver.

10 marksdwarves. Full steel armor, although not all masterwork. The captain has an artifact crossbow. Silver bolts.

My best two melee dwarves rush ahead, since they are faster. They aproach the speargobbos and i facepalm. "Why are you attacking alone you dumbasses?"
But Oden would not call them this day to Valhalla. For some reason the gobbos got scared, probably because of how fucking badass my dorfs are.

Didnt get to kill all the goblins (~70 with mouts and trolls), but my soldiers didnt take a scratch.

klefenz

• Bay Watcher
  • Obey the Fist!
    • View Profile
« Reply #33978 on: April 06, 2014, 09:24:53 am »

Now the King arrived. Yeah!!

He brought 11 lords. Ehhm.

They keep making mandates. So i ordered 11 slabs.

Lolfail0009

• Bay Watcher
  • [PROGRAMMER:C#] [PROGRAMMER:C++] [PRONOUNS:SHE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #33979 on: April 06, 2014, 09:26:14 am »

Now the King arrived. Yeah!!

He brought 11 lords. Ehhm.

They keep making mandates. So i ordered 11 slabs.

An overseer gets one mandate, and that mandate is a functioning fortress.

lazygun

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33980 on: April 06, 2014, 10:14:57 am »

Two migrants this season. One had a a title so I checked his kills. 6 goblins killed 3 years ago. Apparently one of the caravan guards liked the fort enough to migrate.

FallenAngel

• Bay Watcher
  • !!x(oᴥo)x!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #33981 on: April 06, 2014, 12:23:32 pm »

He was probably like "I remember that place I went to and I killed goblins at. I'm bored here. I'm going there."

Alphabet Jones

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33982 on: April 06, 2014, 01:40:19 pm »

So I finally manage to break through the two layers of aquifer only to find... A sandstone aquifer that goes on for at least 4 more z levels.

Found some gypsum so I could probably probe around until I found a place to dig through but I'd rather just roll with a mostly aboveground fort.

KingBacon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33983 on: April 06, 2014, 02:03:18 pm »

Forgot to build a depot. No traders this year. Well at least we leveled the surrounding terrain this year and built earthen walls around... well I wouldn't call it a fortress. It's more of a hole.
    e    e   e    U   U     
, , , . , , , , , , , ; , , , , , ; , , , , , 
. . . . . . . e U e   . . 0╬0 
###x##############
###x .  . ☼ ☼####£####
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Mr. Strange

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33984 on: April 06, 2014, 02:05:47 pm »

An overseer gets one mandate, and that mandate is a functioning fortress.
Why do I keep imagining this under Stalins picture?
Then you get cities like Paris where you should basically just kill yourself already.

You won’t have to think anymore: it’ll be just like having fun!

vidboi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33985 on: April 06, 2014, 02:47:51 pm »

Building a fortress in the third cavern layer which means a forgotten beast bonanza. My military's already killed 8 of them, and there's 4 more hanging around in the other layers. Upon a routine checkup I noticed an odd flashing z... it's asleep?

yep, asleep. No idea why or how, are forgotten beasts even meant to sleep?

Snaake

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33986 on: April 06, 2014, 02:54:42 pm »

Building a fortress in the third cavern layer which means a forgotten beast bonanza. My military's already killed 8 of them, and there's 4 more hanging around in the other layers. Upon a routine checkup I noticed an odd flashing z... it's asleep?
(image cut)
yep, asleep. No idea why or how, are forgotten beasts even meant to sleep?

Maybe it got hit by it's own/another forgotten beast's syndrome that puts creatures to sleep?

FallenAngel

• Bay Watcher
  • !!x(oᴥo)x!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #33987 on: April 06, 2014, 03:12:35 pm »

I'm rather sure that forgotten beasts are immune to their own syndromes, but the syndromes of others (or those of demons) should work fine.
Of course, you never have to worry about it if your race is basically a bunch of living adamantine statues.

PDF urist master

• Bay Watcher
  • Born from cold iron
    • View Profile
« Reply #33988 on: April 06, 2014, 04:12:17 pm »

since it's asleep, take advantage of this and slice off its head.

My fort has too much trees. I decided to start a firestorm with my dragons to clear it out.
We are not evil by choice, but evil by necessity.

vidboi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33989 on: April 06, 2014, 05:22:04 pm »

I'm rather sure that forgotten beasts are immune to their own syndromes, but the syndromes of others (or those of demons) should work fine.
Of course, you never have to worry about it if your race is basically a bunch of living adamantine statues.

That's definitely a possibility, there are quite a lot of beasties hanging around.
Unfortunately some of us don't have the luxury of built in adamantine armour!  :P

since it's asleep, take advantage of this and slice off its head.

As before, there are quite a few other beasts up there who are very much awake. I don't think my rather small military can handle many at once.

In related news, the military is quite capable of taking them one at a time. Lurngu Exuzdak becomes the 9th forgotten beast to go down. Time to add another slab to the hall of legends...
Pages: 1 ... 2264 2265 [2266] 2267 2268 ... 3837