Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 777

Author Topic: Things that made you mildly upset today thread  (Read 853823 times)

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you mildly sad today thread: hot animals edition
« Reply #420 on: March 17, 2016, 09:21:43 am »

Forgot my lunch money at home today. Usually I'm able to "pay" for it anyway by singing a little slip and I have to bring in the money whenever, but I did that a few days ago and you can only have one at a time.
And  I can't have anyone drive the money over because I only realized a few minutes ago, lunch starts fairly soon, it takes a while to get to my school and nobody I live with has the time.
The fact that I'm already kind of hungry from a meager breakfast and it'll be six hours before I get anything proper to eat isn't helping either.
Black lives matter.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #421 on: March 17, 2016, 10:10:08 am »

Forgot my lunch money at home today. Usually I'm able to "pay" for it anyway by singing a little slip and I have to bring in the money whenever, but I did that a few days ago and you can only have one at a time.
And  I can't have anyone drive the money over because I only realized a few minutes ago, lunch starts fairly soon, it takes a while to get to my school and nobody I live with has the time.
The fact that I'm already kind of hungry from a meager breakfast and it'll be six hours before I get anything proper to eat isn't helping either.
You able to ask your friends for money to buy food there (then pay them back later), or ask them to treat you? :O That's what I do whenever I forget money at home (and that happens a lot thanks to my silly selective memory x_x).

Allergies \o/ Is it related to flu season? Tiruin does not know! :D
But I've had rashes out of nowhere, and whenever I wake up I have that heaviness in my nasal area that suggests I've been breathing in either molds or other aerial substances that collect while I sleep <_< Waking up lately with the feeling of [GAH] in my mind, and a bad taste of saltwater-ishness in my mouth.

I swear I'm going to kill* to be able to wake up, cough-free and really not feeling bad or scared from sleeping in my room. Which I checked multiple times.

*as in purge all those molds

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #422 on: March 17, 2016, 03:07:15 pm »

Beat up a nerd and take theirs?
Or, better yet, convince a bully to do the dirty work for you, possibly in exchange for a cut of the take.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Shook

• Bay Watcher
  • ◦ ◡ ◦
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt page
« Reply #423 on: March 17, 2016, 07:01:04 pm »

Jeezums, my laptop battery has suddenly decided to take a nosedive in terms of capacity. It goes from 100% to 9% in about 20 minutes, possibly less. It's not even that old a battery. :C
Twitter i guess
also deviantART page
Quote from: Girlinhat
It may be worthwhile to have the babies fall into ring of fortifications or windows, to prevent anyone from catching and saving them.
[01:27] <Octomobile> MMM THATS GOOD FIST BUTTER

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #424 on: March 17, 2016, 07:03:43 pm »

Jeezums, my laptop battery has suddenly decided to take a nosedive in terms of capacity. It goes from 100% to 9% in about 20 minutes, possibly less. It's not even that old a battery. :C
:'C

Back up your laptop.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Shook

• Bay Watcher
  • ◦ ◡ ◦
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt page
« Reply #425 on: March 17, 2016, 07:20:42 pm »

Eh, not worried about the HDD contents, i have the important stuff on dorpbox (and besides, it can be pulled out and connected to a different computer if necessary). Also, according to BatteryCare, the battery has lost 85.29% of its capacity due to wear. THAT'S AN AWFUL LOT. Apparently i've inadvertently also been doing the wrong things re: (dis)charging, so i hope the next battery will last longer. :v
Twitter i guess
also deviantART page
It may be worthwhile to have the babies fall into ring of fortifications or windows, to prevent anyone from catching and saving them.

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #426 on: March 17, 2016, 07:37:05 pm »

Good news, I took Tiruin's advice retroactively without knowing it was suggested and mooched money from my friends!
Bad news, one of the batteries in my wireless mouse just popped. No idea how or why, but I heard a really loud bang and when I checked my mouse after hearing quiet hissing, I found that negative end was open and there was a bit of acid inside my mouse. Cleaned that mother up right away and I didn't get any stuff anywhere important...
Except, worse news, a little bit landed on my laptop and I didn't realize until I was done with my mouse. There are currently seven white spots of missing paint on the bottom right corner, five of which are accompanied by an ugly smear. :'(
Black lives matter.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #427 on: March 17, 2016, 08:07:45 pm »

Eh, not worried about the HDD contents, i have the important stuff on dorpbox (and besides, it can be pulled out and connected to a different computer if necessary). Also, according to BatteryCare, the battery has lost 85.29% of its capacity due to wear. THAT'S AN AWFUL LOT. Apparently i've inadvertently also been doing the wrong things re: (dis)charging, so i hope the next battery will last longer. :v
Laptop batteries slowly die and then and then stop working entirely at best 3 years after you got it in my experience if you use the laptop a lot.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Baffler

• Bay Watcher
  • Caveat Lector.
    • View Profile
« Reply #428 on: March 17, 2016, 09:06:09 pm »

Would normally be writing a lab report right now, but I did it over spring break. I know full well that I'm basically done for the week, yet I still feel like I should stop fucking around on the internet and write my damn lab report.
Quote from: Helgoland
Even if you found a suitable opening, I doubt it would prove all too satisfying. And it might leave some nasty wounds, depending on the moral high ground's geology.
Location subject to periodic change.
Baffler likes silver, walnut trees, the color green, tanzanite, and dogs for their loyalty. When possible he prefers to consume beef, iced tea, and cornbread. He absolutely detests ticks.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #429 on: March 17, 2016, 09:29:30 pm »

:'C

Back up your laptop.
Did you leave your laptop charging when not in use (as in even if it may reach 100% like overnight)? I've heard that diminishes the lifespan of the battery and may lead to situations like the above...and that's how I lost my first battery .-.

Good news, I took Tiruin's advice retroactively without knowing it was suggested and mooched money from my friends!
That also means you told them you'll pay them back...right? :P

Related, there's something weird with my laptop battery. It keeps going into hibernation when reaching ~20%, or the limit I set in the low/critical battery level configuration (20%/15% respectively). I don't get a notification pop-up as compared to the first 5 or so times it has happened. And when I power up my laptop back with a charger, it displays it as if the battery was completely drained. :-\

Also DNS server problems + connectivity issues @_@ Should really back up all texts and emails before trying to send lest I lose em.
Hooray ctrl +a!

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #430 on: March 17, 2016, 10:17:23 pm »

You might want to recalibrate it or whatever the word is.  The battery.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #431 on: March 18, 2016, 05:45:41 am »

Actually, Tir, since I borrowed three bucks from one friend and a quarter from another, the latter friend doesn't care about getting it back.
Since it's a quarter.
I haven't seen the former to ask if she wants her three bucks back though.
Black lives matter.

Shook

• Bay Watcher
  • ◦ ◡ ◦
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt page
« Reply #432 on: March 18, 2016, 02:36:30 pm »

Did you leave your laptop charging when not in use (as in even if it may reach 100% like overnight)? I've heard that diminishes the lifespan of the battery and may lead to situations like the above...and that's how I lost my first battery .-.
Rarely, i usually unplug it even if it's not fully charged. According to that BatteryCare site though, i've been doing terrible things by letting the battery drain to 10% (or less) before charging it fully again. :v (apparently having the battery at 100% also wears down the capacity, so recharging it fully before going to bed might also have contributed)
Twitter i guess
also deviantART page

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #433 on: March 18, 2016, 02:51:47 pm »

I failed to notice a cute girl sitting near me in the lunchroom was talking about Death Note with an acquaintance of mine until the conversation had progressed to a point where it would be awkward to join in.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Follow-up: argh, now I've got a crush on Aforementioned Death Note Fan. Who I've never spoken to. I have yet to work up the nerve to talk to her.

:v

Ah well, such is life.
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #434 on: March 18, 2016, 03:03:52 pm »

The best way is to casually reference the show near her and start a conversation if/when she notices.
Black lives matter.
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 777