Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 337 338 [339] 340 341 ... 779

Author Topic: Things that made you mildly upset today thread  (Read 857957 times)

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you mildly sad today thread
« Reply #5070 on: December 14, 2018, 08:41:20 am »

That's the spirit! Emmmm, kinda. Trying is anyway  :P
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

Rowanas

• Bay Watcher
  • I must be going senile.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5071 on: December 14, 2018, 08:47:26 am »

No, the spirit will be vodka, which is apparently my drink.

My chief problem is that I'm innately hopeful, but also savagely pessimistic realistic about how the world works.  I feel like I'm the main character in a story that the universe cares about, but I know that we live in a vast, uncaring existence where I have no special value, and good things aren't going to drop into my lap by pure chance, just when I need them.
I agree with Urist. Steampunk is like Darth Vader winning Holland's Next Top Model. It would be awesome but not something I'd like in this game.
Unfortunately dying involves the amputation of the entire body from the dwarf.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #5072 on: December 14, 2018, 08:49:09 am »

My chief problem is that I'm innately hopeful, but also savagely pessimistic realistic about how the world works.
I prefer realism in my video games, not in my life.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5073 on: December 14, 2018, 11:09:57 am »

That's the spirit! Emmmm, kinda.
Shit, this is p. much exactly what I was gonna say to Scriver before scrolling down. o__o
You can do it, Scriver. Make the biggest arse of yourself imaginable. Alternatively, salvage the situation through suavity and charm.     

My chief problem is that I'm innately hopeful, but also savagely pessimistic realistic about how the world works.  I feel like I'm the main character in a story that the universe cares about, but I know that we live in a vast, uncaring existence where I have no special value, and good things aren't going to drop into my lap by pure chance, just when I need them.
Gosh, this is disturbingly relatable.
I've no idea what day/time it currently is in your particular timezone, but good luck!   
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

dragdeler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5074 on: December 14, 2018, 01:07:59 pm »

-snip-
« Last Edit: January 18, 2019, 03:19:03 pm by dragdeler »
let

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5075 on: December 14, 2018, 07:12:50 pm »

No, the spirit will be vodka, which is apparently my drink.

Since we’re on this train of thought, I should probably mention that just because she says yes doesn’t mean that a date is actually going to happen. She could give you a fake number, she could mysteriously not show up, she could cancel and say that she’s busy, all sorts of things. The key to not becoming an emotional wreck is it to continue to hold low expectations until she physically shows up. Then you can relax and finally enjoy yourself. Do not hype yourself up. I made this mistake less than a week ago so I feel like I know what I’m talking about.

If the worst does happen, just accept it. Don’t fight for it. Don’t try to change her mind, don’t try to reschedule for a more convienient time (unless you genuinely believe that she wants to hang out with you), don’t try to convince her to be more considerate to guys in the future. Nothing will ever come from it. Leave it be and move on with your life.
« Last Edit: December 14, 2018, 07:17:48 pm by heydude6 »
Lets use the ancient naval art of training war parrots. No one will realize they have been boarded by space war parrots until it is to late!
You can fake being able to run on water. You can't fake looking cool when you break your foot on a door and hit your head on the floor.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5076 on: December 14, 2018, 09:57:10 pm »

I wake up miserable. I thought I'd be okay tonight since I got to bed on time and I got a lot of sleep. I was wrong. Of course when I comfort eat I feel all better cause I'm a pathetic creature no better than the brainless slugs and anemones that scour the ocean floor, not thinking or feeling but just living their lives and consuming and growing until they pass on their genes or not, and then die. Just a creature that is lorded over by biology and chemicals that I can barely fight against on my best days. This is why I can't touch any substances, I'd get addicted instantly.

I said a while ago that I want to destroy my life. That sentiment has been echoing around in my head since then, just to smash my life against the ground like a shitty worthless thing. I just wish I could just go insane, or that I'd get into some kind of accident and hospitalized, or get the utter shit beaten out of me by somebody. There's nothing materially wrong with my life, I just get the feeling all the time of "I'm not tired, but I don't want to be awake." which naturally escalates to "I don't want to be dead, I just don't want to be alive." (Don't even bring up anything about suicide, I don't want to hear it. Just shut up.)

I just don't know  what to do with myself. I don't know what to do. I don't know what I should be aiming for. The future is so unappealing, I just don't want it.

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #5077 on: December 15, 2018, 12:12:29 am »

Blergh, it's 6 AM and I cannot for the life of me fall asleep :V
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5078 on: December 15, 2018, 06:38:10 am »

I don't know what I should be aiming for. The future is so unappealing, I just don't want it.
:(

For real, though.

In other news, I have spent the entire day doing basically nothing but play Drawception. Nope, didn't go to any of the gigs I'd hoped to go to. Didn't catch up with friends. Didn't even... oh lawd I forgot to do the freaking washing! Ugh, what a day.
At least Drawception counts as a creative pursuit. Otherwise I would be able to describe today as entirely unproductive (apart from the toastie I cooked, I guess).   
Booze is Life for Yoink

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5079 on: December 16, 2018, 06:41:18 am »

Dog nappies

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5080 on: December 16, 2018, 07:22:37 am »

Yeah, and then once you've done a few dog nappies you can start your own dog-fighting ring!

.....Wait, nevermind.

Seriously though, my heart goes out to that poor doggo and their digestive tract.   
Booze is Life for Yoink

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5081 on: December 16, 2018, 03:34:33 pm »

ARGH IT RAINED ON MY WASHING! GOD DAMNIT, GOD!
Seriously couldn't you hold it for just a couple more hours? How much friggin' rain do we need?!

For whatever reason, he likes to try chewing on one of the cats' ears after having eaten his dinner. The cat's pretty patient and generally enjoys the companionship, but it snaps back after a few minutes.

Aww, that's ridiculously cute. Reminds me of the cats at my mum's place - one of them is this grouchy, violent old-ish fella who will terrorise human and cat alike if they get on his nerves or linger too close, the other is this cute-as-the-dickens mischievous little fluffball who loves to get him riled up. Gosh, I could fill a whole subforum with stories of their adorable interactions.   
At some point though, she (fluffball) got into this very odd habit, a behaviour I can't remember ever seeing in cats before: running up to the other cat whenever he comes in and biting him gently on the neck, like as a greeting. It was very strange, but even more bizarre was the fact that he stands there and tolerates it! :o

Ridiculously cute indeed. Recently though he seems to have taken to returning her greetings with a similar bite of his own, although I don't think he's quite as gentle since she usually recoils and smacks him in the face after a second. So cute. 
Booze is Life for Yoink

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5082 on: December 16, 2018, 03:40:12 pm »

One can use a box fan, and string indoors, you know.

A friend of mine hangs t-shirts to dry on the curtain rod in his spare bathroom. Things like that.  You just don't get the sanitizing sunlight.

Rockeater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5083 on: December 16, 2018, 04:00:48 pm »

I hate it when my hoses that knew the system is screwed up and stupid leave and other people come and think it's my fault that things aren't moving.
Damnit people, this is why I said to keep the truce. Because now everyone's ganging up on the cats.
Also, don't forget to contact your local Eldritch Being(s), so that they can help with our mission to destroy the universe.

scourge728

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5084 on: December 16, 2018, 06:40:32 pm »

I could fill a whole subforum with stories of their adorable interactions.   
Yes (or atleast a thread, maybe revive the cute thread)
Pages: 1 ... 337 338 [339] 340 341 ... 779