Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 338 339 [340] 341 342 ... 777

Author Topic: Things that made you mildly upset today thread  (Read 853766 times)

Rowanas

• Bay Watcher
  • I must be going senile.
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you mildly sad today thread
« Reply #5085 on: December 17, 2018, 06:24:42 am »

So, an update - I couldn't ask her out because the owner of the stall was there, and I pussied out (turns out, she didn't tell me this, but her parents own the mead shop, so best I didn't ask).  On the bright side, I went out, got drunk and received some totally unexpected but very welcome attention from a girl out for her birthday, and I've been told that our interaction is a pretty bold approximation of what pulling is like these days, so that's nice.

I'm wondering if the mate who told me this is confusing being friendly with being interested though, since I have a lot of friends who'll make a beeline for me, and none of them want to shag me... I think.
I agree with Urist. Steampunk is like Darth Vader winning Holland's Next Top Model. It would be awesome but not something I'd like in this game.
Unfortunately dying involves the amputation of the entire body from the dwarf.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • I wear many masks, none of them have names.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5086 on: December 18, 2018, 05:26:49 am »

Well, you could always ask to make sure~
This unit is known to the state of california to occasionally misuse technical language.

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #5087 on: December 18, 2018, 10:53:08 am »

Ugh, seems like my laptop battery is getting fucky again. Doesn't seem to be displaying the remaining charge properly, or, worse yet, doesn't seem to be able to charge, gonna have to take some time to see for sure. First problem is straightforward to fix, just gotta tke the whole damn thing apart, pull out the battery, start it without it then pull it apart again and put it back in to force the thing to play nice. It's wierd since the last time this happened was when I updated my BIOS (which itself was done to fix another problem) and I haven't fiddled with the thing in a while, so no clue what might've caused this issue to reappear :V
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

Iduno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5088 on: December 18, 2018, 11:48:20 am »

Ugh, seems like my laptop battery is getting fucky again. Doesn't seem to be displaying the remaining charge properly, or, worse yet, doesn't seem to be able to charge, gonna have to take some time to see for sure. First problem is straightforward to fix, just gotta tke the whole damn thing apart, pull out the battery, start it without it then pull it apart again and put it back in to force the thing to play nice. It's wierd since the last time this happened was when I updated my BIOS (which itself was done to fix another problem) and I haven't fiddled with the thing in a while, so no clue what might've caused this issue to reappear :V

Could be corrosion on the contacts, or just the battery being shit, or being worn out. I think they're supposed to be kept between 30-80%, which is not how batteries get used.

CABL

• Bay Watcher
  • Has a fetish for voring the rich
    • View Profile
« Reply #5089 on: December 18, 2018, 02:06:44 pm »

Papers, Please, Celeste, Heat Signature, Return of the Obra Dinn. So many indie gems, so little time and money.
Pounded in the Butt by my own Government... oh wait, that's real life.

Much less active than I used to be on these forums, but I still visit them on occasion. Will probably resume my activity in full once Dwarf Fortress will be released on Steam.

MrRoboto75

• Bay Watcher
  • Belongs in the Trash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5090 on: December 18, 2018, 02:10:41 pm »

Super Best Friends have disbanded.  I'm going to miss the weekly friday night fisticuffs series.
I consume
I purchase
I consume again

Rowanas

• Bay Watcher
  • I must be going senile.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5091 on: December 19, 2018, 08:32:24 am »

When I got home my housemate told me that one of his favourite grou - and I immediately interrupted him to tell him that yes, I know.  I didn't care because I don't watch them, but the magic of the internet had made me aware before he could even tell me.
I agree with Urist. Steampunk is like Darth Vader winning Holland's Next Top Model. It would be awesome but not something I'd like in this game.
Unfortunately dying involves the amputation of the entire body from the dwarf.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5092 on: December 20, 2018, 04:37:25 am »

Hmm. I was planning on going to visit friends this evening. It is now half-past eight, DST. The last bust probably goes sometime before ten. My friend didn't reply to my last message about "yeah might head over there later" and it seems my subconscious has seized on that lack of response as ample reason not to go. How unhelpful.   

Edit: golly. Depression can go eat a fart.   
« Last Edit: December 20, 2018, 06:02:10 am by Yoink »
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5093 on: December 21, 2018, 07:47:29 pm »

Watched Aquaman and its the only film I actually regret buying tickets for.

Not sure why it's so well reviewed.

Looking at IMDB it looks like the it's the first DCU movie since Wonder Woman to not be considered middling and/or trash. People are very pleased about that.

Basically it's a 10/10 in comparison to the recent drivel, so says the internet.
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5094 on: December 21, 2018, 08:11:50 pm »

Pfft, that's nothing. I saw Fury Road in the cinema with friends when it came out. Not only did I have to suffer through it, I got gouged for $17 or whatever. :'(   
Booze is Life for Yoink

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #5095 on: December 21, 2018, 09:39:30 pm »

Pfft, that's nothing. I saw Fury Road in the cinema with friends when it came out. Not only did I have to suffer through it, I got gouged for $17 or whatever. :'(   

I just had to suffer watching a DVD of it that my in-laws have.

I’m sorry for your loss.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #5096 on: December 22, 2018, 04:15:29 am »

Aquaman has man-tits to make you wet. That's pretty much the main reason to watch it, so far as I'm aware.

I mean, my girlfriend has watched the Conan remake, twice... But she firmly refuses to watch the original, because it doesn't have Jason Momoa in it.

I didn't really care for Wonder Woman. I think my main problem with it was just how much it got praised by others, particularly for the strength of Wonder Woman as a female lead and role model.

...But she wasn't, she was physically strong by virtue of magic bullshit, but her personality was extremely lacking and she spent the movie trailing around on the arm of the male lead... Because that's what women do, right?

I did appreciate the mention of Morning Rage and the traumatized sniper, though. And I do love me some David Thewlis, but for fuck's sake don't shove him in a suit of spiky armor... Or write off all of human war and aggression on "lol gods".

Fury Road at least had an epic-level bard and some memes in it.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5097 on: December 22, 2018, 05:18:08 am »

Went out and started walking in the direction of the gig I'd sorta planned on going to tonight, only to get almost to my destination, realise that the band I most wanted to see would be finishing in about five minutes and that my anxiety hadn't really lessened any during the walk, and turn around and walk home. *sigh*
So much for that. My social life is in desperate need of resuscitation.   

I should probably at least walk to a bottleshop so that this evening isn't a complete loss. :-\   
Booze is Life for Yoink

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5098 on: December 22, 2018, 07:11:50 am »

-
« Last Edit: December 22, 2018, 06:13:13 pm by JoshuaFH »

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #5099 on: December 22, 2018, 08:38:09 am »

Fury Road was the best goddamn action movie to come out in the '10's and I will challenge anyone who says different to a car chase through the desert until death.

Wonder Woman was solid, but had problems with pacing and characters that were set up to have but never got the time for character development. I both appreciate that the sniper didn't just overcome his problem to be heroic and were severely disappointed that he didn't just overcome his problem to be heroic. I really dislike the "WW1 had Nazis right" depiction of the Germans. Apart from this I felt it was on the level of most Marvel superhero movies, quality-wise. Ie, not something I'd race about to friends but something I don't feel would have been a waste of money or time to have seen in the cinema.

As for Aquaman I have no intentions of seeing it, particularly now that the DC serie-verse has been cancelled. Jason Momoa is fucking hit though.

My problem with Wonder Woman (I never watched the movie I'm just talking in general) is that her super power is being able to break the 5th Amendment at will. That is, she can force people to testify against themselves. You'd think a hero wearing a red/white/blue American flag one-piece wouldn't be a living corruption of the spirit of justice.

I don't think that matters much since the testimony is guaranteed to be the truth.
Love, scriver~
Pages: 1 ... 338 339 [340] 341 342 ... 777