Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 700 701 [702] 703 704 ... 777

Author Topic: Things that made you mildly upset today thread  (Read 853824 times)

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you mildly upset today thread
« Reply #10515 on: November 07, 2022, 03:59:55 am »

You'll never know weather or not peeing on the cat will work if you don't try!
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

dragdeler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10516 on: November 07, 2022, 05:36:17 am »

It's trying to claim territory and you're conveying everything inside is your property. It doesn't hurt the cat, just it's pride. But if you wanna be a frickin human about it  ::)....
let

Grim Portent

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10517 on: November 07, 2022, 04:10:25 pm »

I hate my brain. Can be having a more or less decent day, fatigued for various reasons but not angry or sad in any sense, then one sentence can spin me off into deep melancholy or seething anger and ruin the delicate balance in my brain.

I might need to start thinking of things in terms of spoon theory.
There once was a dwarf in a cave,
who many would consider brave.
With a head like a block
he went out for a sock,
his ass I won't bother to save.

Magmacube_tr

• Bay Watcher
  • Praise KeK! For He is The Key and The Gate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10518 on: November 08, 2022, 01:11:29 am »

I often look at my post history for establishing a reference. It's a self-grounding thing. I am a wee bit queer in mind, just as in other areas.

And the darned "Add a word to the text" game is everywhere inside my history. All throught the pages, there is this occasional wall'o text that spans a ridiculous length of an already crumped up UI (i am in mobile). It is mildly upsetting, truly.
I must submerge myself in MAGMAAAAAAAAA! daily for 17 cents, which I detest. With a new profile picture!

My gaem. JOIN NAOW!!!

My sigtext. Read if you dare!

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
  • BlackFlyme cancels Work: Interrupted by bird.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10519 on: November 08, 2022, 09:27:00 pm »

Bought a new little shelf unit so I can get stuff off my desk and floor. After I built it, my mom pushed me out of my room and filled it with decorations.

I am not allowed to touch her shit on my shelf.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #10520 on: November 08, 2022, 10:23:59 pm »

Have you made an effort to explain to her that you bought it for your own use? Asked her to get her own shelf?
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10521 on: November 08, 2022, 10:48:53 pm »

She doesn't care. Everything has to be decorated her way, and if I don't like it, I should find my own place. We have so many decorations that some of the doors can't even open more than half-way because of the crap stuffed right next to them.

I've brought up moving out, but I've been told I don't have permission to. Not that I'd be able to afford my own place with the rental markets the way they are now.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10522 on: November 08, 2022, 11:44:29 pm »

I've brought up moving out, but I've been told I don't have permission to. Not that I'd be able to afford my own place with the rental markets the way they are now.

Bruh, you're 29 ... fuck her permission.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10523 on: November 09, 2022, 12:03:13 am »

BlackFlyme could have phrased it better, but he made it clear that money is the real issue here. Did not know he was 29 though. To not be able to make a living wage at that age…

Edit: As for the shelf. Since you bought it with presumably your money, you have every right to tear it down and throw it out. If you can’t have it neither should your mom.

I recommend doing the same to any other items of yours that she’s stolen. It will give your mother a rude awakening.
« Last Edit: November 09, 2022, 12:07:39 am by heydude6 »
Lets use the ancient naval art of training war parrots. No one will realize they have been boarded by space war parrots until it is to late!
You can fake being able to run on water. You can't fake looking cool when you break your foot on a door and hit your head on the floor.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10524 on: November 09, 2022, 03:59:51 am »

Why not take her shit off your shelf throw it into the trash then put all your stuff on the shelf?
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

McTraveller

• Bay Watcher
  • This text isn't very personal.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10525 on: November 09, 2022, 07:58:06 am »

Sounds like a terrible situation, but I wouldn't recommend the advice given either.

I'd start with trying to understand why your mother thought it was fine to appropriate your space; there must be some unstated assumption there.  Then say that you had put that shelf up to help clean your area, and you're now disappointed that you can't do that because your assumption was violated.  Rather than just dump her stuff around or be hostile, "destroy your enemy with kindness."  Maybe set some expectations ahead of time.

Also, set a goal for alternate living arrangements.  I know it can be daunting to try and find a place in a high-rent environment, but it still should be feasible.  I don't know what your income situation nor local rent is (I don't need the details, unless you really want budgeting advice I'd be open to help via PM) but there's likely a way to budget so it works.  Before you take the plunge, perhaps make a "game" out of it where you track it month to month on paper, to see what it would look like.  Gain confidence that it's not unattainable.

Great Order

• Bay Watcher
  • [SCREAMS_INTERNALLY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #10526 on: November 09, 2022, 11:30:06 am »

Honestly from the description of how stuffed with random crap the house is, I'd suspect either hoarding or hoarder-like tendencies.
I may have wasted all those years
They're not worth their time in tears
I may have spent too long in darkness
In the warmth of my fears

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10527 on: November 09, 2022, 12:55:47 pm »

Spoiler: house cleanliness (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: finance situation (click to show/hide)

Sorry for the long vent post. Though in lighter news, my mom broke up with her asshole boyfriend a bit ago. There should be a lot less stress around now.
« Last Edit: November 09, 2022, 02:52:46 pm by BlackFlyme »

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #10528 on: November 09, 2022, 02:14:27 pm »

The people on the r/Fuckcars subreddit call this mental condition "Carbrain", a special kind of entitlement centered around the irrational love of cars and the belief that one should never be impeded while driving, and anyone who does impede them simply deserves whatever happens to them.
It's also the reason why there's a rich vocabulary for all kinds of vehicle traffic and vehicle traffic law, but then the vocabulary shrinks for users of public transit, pedestrians and cyclists. E.g. you have pedestrian roads and cycling roads, but you don't ever call them car roads because the assumption is all roads belong to cars and you're just living in a car world

MrRoboto75

• Bay Watcher
  • Belongs in the Trash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10529 on: November 09, 2022, 04:10:27 pm »

I've lost about 20 pounds since August or so.  Like anything else I do about how I look, nobody notices or cares.

I don't know why I bother anymore, I'll never be desirable.
I consume
I purchase
I consume again
Pages: 1 ... 700 701 [702] 703 704 ... 777