Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 720 721 [722] 723 724 ... 777

Author Topic: Things that made you mildly upset today thread  (Read 853819 times)

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you mildly upset today thread
« Reply #10815 on: February 09, 2023, 04:11:57 pm »

I think I've got pneumonia too.  Coughing real bad at night and almost instantly run out of breath when I exert myself whatsoever.  I'd say my parents overreacted when they saw my situation, but it's probably more like they reacted appropriately.  Wish I had healthcare.  Last night I had to sleep next to a window-fan for fresh air, in my chair, because otherwise I just couldn't catch my breath at all.

However, I think I've almost weathered it!  My temp's 97.6 and my nose is running clear.  I barely coughed anything up today, and they each brought me soup.  Taking it easy.  I've been getting rid of more and more potential allergens, there's almost nothing left now that could be a problem.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #10816 on: February 10, 2023, 09:21:49 am »

Be particularly careful of yourself Rolan. Pneumonias can be very sneaky I think so no victory laps.

And McTraveller I hope your mother-in-law gets better too!
Love, scriver~

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #10817 on: February 10, 2023, 11:43:22 am »

Volvo IT security randomly disabled my user account to their network to "verify my identity." I've been on this network for almost a decade. And right in the middle of a time critical project.

So I do what I normally do: call their help desk. They reset my password. It doesn't work. That's when I'm told this is a security thing, and I have to have my American contact (who I've worked with for close to 7 years) verify my identity before they'll give me my access back.

Fine. We do that.

I'm told my account is "fixed." It's not. More escalation and panicked email threads involving 10 people.

Today I get an email inviting me to a meeting at 4am in the fucking morning on a Monday because these goddamn clowns cannot do their fucking jobs. The entire tech team is India. 4am my time is 3pm their time.

So basically: they're incompetent, wasting my time, wasting my client's time, and instead of putting themselves in an awkward position in terms of scheduling, they're basically like "we're not dealing with this outside of our 9 to 5."

I fucking hate these guys so much. They never get anything right the first, second or third time and when it comes time to crunch, they will only do things on their hours.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #10818 on: February 10, 2023, 01:01:42 pm »

Are you saying you... don't roll with it?
Love, scriver~

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10819 on: February 10, 2023, 04:43:34 pm »

That douchebag manager-in-training might actually have been training to become our store's production manager. I don't have 100% reliable information on that, but if it's true, I don't see myself working there for much longer.

EDIT: Seems like it was only the current production manager going on vacation and the douchebag filling in. At least, I hope that's all it's going to be.
« Last Edit: February 11, 2023, 06:22:26 pm by Akura »
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #10820 on: February 13, 2023, 04:53:19 pm »

I got up at 3:45am to make a tech meeting with about 8 people to solve an issue they've been unable to for the past two weeks.

I get up, check my phone and see that at midnight they moved the meeting to 7am.

Go back to sleep for about 3 hours.

Get up again.

Get on the call. Within 20 minutes, they simply fixed all the shit that they couldn't seem to in the previous weeks. Ie. no real meeting NEEDED to happen, they just needed to pull their heads out of their asses.

Email work and tell them I'm going to be late today. Try to go back to sleep for a couple more hours.

Start getting work texts and various other texts. By 10am I'm so groggy from starting/stopping sleeping that I take the day off. I sleep fitfully for another few hours.

After getting up I pop into work chat on the sly to talk to someone, and learn that everything is fucky today and tons and tons and tons of case work I generated wanted responses today.

I can't really sum up my feelings other than UUUUUUUUUUUUUGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Great Order

• Bay Watcher
  • [SCREAMS_INTERNALLY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #10821 on: February 13, 2023, 08:02:13 pm »

Coming off my antidepressants again (Used an an anxiolytic in this case) and, as per usual, it's unpleasant. This time I'm coming off of it while doing Jitsu so the dizziness gets amplified during the sessions, especially when practicing rolls. Just generally mildly unpleasant.
I may have wasted all those years
They're not worth their time in tears
I may have spent too long in darkness
In the warmth of my fears

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10822 on: February 13, 2023, 10:08:25 pm »

-
« Last Edit: February 13, 2023, 11:22:24 pm by JoshuaFH »

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10823 on: February 13, 2023, 11:30:05 pm »

I'm sorry, it just feels lately that my life is comical and stupid. What a sorry fucking existence I live.

bloop_bleep

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10824 on: February 14, 2023, 12:41:23 am »

I made the mistake of reading YouTube comments... replies... in "sort by new." :( I've a headache.
« Last Edit: February 14, 2023, 01:03:53 am by bloop_bleep »
Quote from: KittyTac
The closest thing Bay12 has to a flamewar is an argument over philosophy that slowly transitioned to an argument about quantum mechanics.
Quote from: thefriendlyhacker
The trick is to only make predictions semi-seriously.  That way, I don't have a 98% failure rate. I have a 98% sarcasm rate.

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #10825 on: February 14, 2023, 09:37:01 am »

One of the execs called a big meeting of all the shift managers, no exceptions, didn't say what it was about.

It's tomorrow at 2 and it's supposed to last 10 minutes.

Thing is, I'm working the night shift today and tomorrow (so 10 PM till 6 AM), which means I have to wake up earlier than I'd like to, spend 20+ minutes driving to work, listen to some probably shit news and demands and then drive back home for another 20+ minutes. And then come in for the night shift some 7 hours later.

Unless the news out of the meeting are great (and I very very much doubt they will be anything approaching good even) I have a feeling tomorrow is going to be a very shitty day. And that is sort of spilling over into today. Wasn't in the best of moods, finally managed to get out and enjoy the sunshine after like four days of nothing but work and sleep and now comes this to kick any potential good vibes right in the nuts.
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

ACE.

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10826 on: February 14, 2023, 08:43:44 pm »

One of the execs called a big meeting of all the shift managers, no exceptions, didn't say what it was about.

It's tomorrow at 2 and it's supposed to last 10 minutes.

Thing is, I'm working the night shift today and tomorrow (so 10 PM till 6 AM), which means I have to wake up earlier than I'd like to, spend 20+ minutes driving to work, listen to some probably shit news and demands and then drive back home for another 20+ minutes. And then come in for the night shift some 7 hours later.

Unless the news out of the meeting are great (and I very very much doubt they will be anything approaching good even) I have a feeling tomorrow is going to be a very shitty day. And that is sort of spilling over into today. Wasn't in the best of moods, finally managed to get out and enjoy the sunshine after like four days of nothing but work and sleep and now comes this to kick any potential good vibes right in the nuts.

How did it go.
ACE

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10827 on: February 15, 2023, 02:20:39 am »

Hey ACE. is back, how have the cabbages been?
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
  • BlackFlyme cancels Work: Interrupted by bird.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10828 on: February 15, 2023, 01:58:31 pm »

Car warned me my tire pressure was low. This was a new tire, too.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #10829 on: February 15, 2023, 02:17:04 pm »

you appear to have been screwed, oh no
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.