Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 49 50 [51] 52 53 ... 203

Author Topic: Cabal: Wizard Open World Game  (Read 344640 times)

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
Re: Cabal: The Death of Magic
« Reply #750 on: January 21, 2018, 12:24:54 pm »

Go downstairs, set fire to any raiders that aren't adjacent to civilians. If the building is overrun or on fire, leave through the back.

"What's worth a gunfight in this dump? More bullets?"

Spoiler: Moghorn (click to show/hide)
One wheel short of a wagon

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #751 on: January 21, 2018, 12:28:12 pm »

"Sure, whatever, but first I need to check on those hurt people. What happened to them anyway?"
Go to the injured and attempt to help them at least keep the swelling down and make sure they don't get infected. Absent-mindedly drop the cloak while I go to them in order to use both my hands digging through my bag. I don't care that they're going to follow me with it or replace it or whatever, and will take no action to oppose it, but I'm not going to bother with the thing until the priority problem of the hurt people has been addressed.
Spoiler: Nina (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: January 21, 2018, 12:35:19 pm by Lenglon »
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #752 on: January 21, 2018, 12:33:15 pm »

((You know what, let's just go with the earlier plan since neither of you objected: make some thaum, let Pan lvl up Will and have him summon up some wood, turn wood into boat/raft (hopefully summoning 'raw' wood instead of a wooden boat gives an easier roll). Then lower it down, lower down whoever else wants to come and go explore those buildings and maybe get murdered by Olmen.

You two can either help me with producing thaum if you want, or explore around some more (don't stray too far though in case of monsters). Or something else, if you think of something.))

You've not been down here long, maybe 10 hours. At this rate you'll have to worry about lantern oil long before food, but the water here seems drinkable and you could summon specific viscera.
Our starting item lamp has infinite use though, no?

Does it seem feasible to have Ecalir summon some wood so we can make a raft, and lower it down?

Anyways, go up on to the bridge (carefully, with Ecalir's help, and not near that cliff to avoid pulling a Humpty Dumpty and falling all the way down). Start converting Jade into thaum. Have Rufus (and whoever else who wants to) help me if they want to by either collecting jade (not from a supporting pillar, thank you) or assisting me with the alchemical stuff (unless that would introduce a roll they could fuck up, in which case just do it by myself).

Spoiler: Darwin Zeppeli (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: January 22, 2018, 03:36:24 pm by Radio Controlled »

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #753 on: January 21, 2018, 12:40:47 pm »

"Door's open, come in."

Have the two guards disarm the drunk when he has to put his crossbow up or down to open the door.  Gently, please.  Then toss him in bed until he sobers up.  After he's taken care of, attend to the last couple of patients.

(Any money or mana changes?)

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #754 on: January 21, 2018, 12:53:30 pm »

((And here I was hoping she'd summon an enormous ape and sic it on that guy.  :P ))

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • I wear many masks, none of them have names.
    • View Profile
« Reply #755 on: January 21, 2018, 07:36:03 pm »

Hmm. That imp fat stuff sounds pretty valuable. Extinguish some and stick it in a jar or similar. Give it to Darwin if it'd be more valuable than jade.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #756 on: January 22, 2018, 03:21:21 pm »

Help Darwin up on the bridge. Then start collecting Jade for him to convert into Thaum (not from a supporting pillar though).

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #757 on: January 28, 2018, 12:38:06 pm »

Don't remove my armor at any moment.
Just wear the white robes over my suit.

Spoiler: Randolf Osborn (click to show/hide)
You put the robe over the armor; its loose enough to fit without being too constricting, even like this.  The men guiding you give you a somewhat disapproving glance but say nothing.

"Sure, whatever, but first I need to check on those hurt people. What happened to them anyway?"
Go to the injured and attempt to help them at least keep the swelling down and make sure they don't get infected. Absent-mindedly drop the cloak while I go to them in order to use both my hands digging through my bag. I don't care that they're going to follow me with it or replace it or whatever, and will take no action to oppose it, but I'm not going to bother with the thing until the priority problem of the hurt people has been addressed.
You walk over to help the other people in white and the church members don't stop you. They make no fuss about your robe being dirtied and dropped. They seem to care very little about it, in fact.  The only thing they say as you administer first aid to the silently cowering people is that they want you to leave your bag behind when you descend with them. You get the feeling they're trying to strip you of any weapons or advantages you might possess.

Go downstairs, set fire to any raiders that aren't adjacent to civilians. If the building is overrun or on fire, leave through the back.

"What's worth a gunfight in this dump? More bullets?"

Spoiler: Moghorn (click to show/hide)
[11v1]
You wander downstairs and see a group of three raiders coming through the front doors and firing at anyone they see. You sigh and casually point your flame rod at them, unleashing a concentrated beam of flame that you whip across them several times.  They don't even get the chance to shoot at you  before they're reduced to charcoal. Unfortunately you also set the entire front wall of the first story of the building on fire.

Outside you can hear people shouting, bandits screaming in anger and confusion about what just happened.

"Door's open, come in."

Have the two guards disarm the drunk when he has to put his crossbow up or down to open the door.  Gently, please.  Then toss him in bed until he sobers up.  After he's taken care of, attend to the last couple of patients.

(Any money or mana changes?)

(+10 gold and +4 Mana)

You shout for the man to just come inside but he refuses. Instead he fires another bolt into the front wall and shouts that if you don't get out here, quote "With my money!" he's going to "Shoot this place to the ground".  You'd be ok with debating him on the effectiveness of deconstructing a house via crossbow bolts, but he seems to be aiming for where he hears voices so maybe that's not the best plan.

The bodyguards ask if they can just shoot and wound him and then drag him in to be healed. It will be easier than trying to go out and subdue him.

((You know what, let's just go with the earlier plan since neither of you objected: make some thaum, let Pan lvl up Will and have him summon up some wood, turn wood into boat/raft (hopefully summoning 'raw' wood instead of a wooden boat gives an easier roll). Then lower it down, lower down whoever else wants to come and go explore those buildings and maybe get murdered by Olmen.

You two can either help me with producing thaum if you want, or explore around some more (don't stray too far though in case of monsters). Or something else, if you think of something.))

You've not been down here long, maybe 10 hours. At this rate you'll have to worry about lantern oil long before food, but the water here seems drinkable and you could summon specific viscera.
Our starting item lamp has infinite use though, no?

Does it seem feasible to have Ecalir summon some wood so we can make a raft, and lower it down?

Anyways, go up on to the bridge (carefully, with Ecalir's help, and not near that cliff to avoid pulling a Humpty Dumpty and falling all the way down). Start converting Jade into thaum. Have Rufus (and whoever else who wants to) help me if they want to by either collecting jade (not from a supporting pillar, thank you) or assisting me with the alchemical stuff (unless that would introduce a roll they could fuck up, in which case just do it by myself).

Help Darwin up on the bridge. Then start collecting Jade for him to convert into Thaum (not from a supporting pillar though).

It would run out eventually. I'm just not tracking it too carefully.

Sure, such a thing is completely possible.

You have Eclair and Rufus run around and collect pieces of jade that they can find just sitting around. There are plenty of small bits and pieces from destroyed sections of walkway and other ruins so they come back with armfuls of the stuff. You spend a few hours converting and end up with 15 mana

Hmm. That imp fat stuff sounds pretty valuable. Extinguish some and stick it in a jar or similar. Give it to Darwin if it'd be more valuable than jade.

You scoop a glob out and extinguish it with water before packing it in paper and putting it in your bag.

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #758 on: January 28, 2018, 12:49:06 pm »

"..Okay, if you can do it without killing him.  I'll see if I can distract him."

Allow them to shoot the guy.  Use Sound to see if I can make the guy think someone is coming up behind him, to make it easier for the guards.  Then disarm and heal the guy up if they successfully grab him.  Then let him dry out.

Spoiler: Sakido (click to show/hide)

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #759 on: January 28, 2018, 12:51:13 pm »

Give 10 mana to Ecalir, so he can lvl an have enough left to summon wood.

After the wood is created, start turning it into a simple boat/raft. Then start working on a way for us to lower down the raft carefully, such as tying rope to it and using one of the jade pillars as a support/pulley so we can lower it down slowly and safely. Does that seem like it'd work?

« Last Edit: January 28, 2018, 12:52:51 pm by Radio Controlled »

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #760 on: January 28, 2018, 04:23:40 pm »

"Sorry, but my bag goes with me everywhere I go. It's got everything I need for my job, including delicate equipment, and medicine both mind-affecting and poisonous. I can't trust anyone else to handle it, and it's irreplaceable if it gets messed up."
After I'm done treating them, I'll put the robe on. I do not let my bag be taken.

((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #761 on: January 28, 2018, 05:38:01 pm »

"You can trust me with the bag, healer lady. I'll make sure no one else takes it and you can have it back when we return from the trip."
Try to talk with the church members to let me take care of the bag. The priests hired me for this stuff.
The dog behind the man behind the beard.
Immortality like that would be even more game breaking than four Aaron's in one place.
You're both so obviously scum that this is a surprisingly difficult decision.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #762 on: January 28, 2018, 05:52:42 pm »

"No means no."

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #763 on: January 28, 2018, 06:13:42 pm »

"Please, don't make my job harder. I'll carry your bag and if we see someone who is wounded, I will hand it back so you can heal their wounds."
The dog behind the man behind the beard.
Immortality like that would be even more game breaking than four Aaron's in one place.
You're both so obviously scum that this is a surprisingly difficult decision.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #764 on: January 28, 2018, 08:20:53 pm »

"What makes you carrying my bag any better than me carrying it myself? Do you have any clue what this is?"
I pull out a nasopharyngeal airway.
"I suspect not. Someone that has no idea what they're holding is nothing but a risk of breaking or losing stuff. I carry my own bag."
I put my tools back away in the bag and close it tight once more.
"You shove that in someone's nose by the way. Helps keep unconscious people from choking themselves."
Pages: 1 ... 49 50 [51] 52 53 ... 203