Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19

Author Topic: Mayfly Acquisitions: Turn 1413  (Read 56129 times)

Coalwalker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Mayfly Acquisitions: Turn 31 - Now Hiring Waitlisters!
« Reply #255 on: March 12, 2013, 11:47:43 am »

Waitlist, please? First time in an RTD. :P

Spoiler: Samson D. Eggman (click to show/hide)
So to recap, one minute everything was going just great, and the next we have caverns collapsing, firebreathing cave beasts, underground brush fires, a screaming swarm of poltergheists back for revenge, zombies in the corridors, drunken brawls in the dining halls, magma pouring into the caverns, rotting miasma everywhere, insanity, madness, and a flying crocodile heading right towards us!

SomeStupidGuy

• Bay Watcher
  • Just strummin' right along...
    • View Profile
« Reply #256 on: March 12, 2013, 02:20:45 pm »

Welp. I suppose I'll hop in the waitlist. 'cause why not.
Spoiler: Woo, character. (click to show/hide)
Your favorite pinko progressive nerd-gal. Probably.

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
  • Warning: May contain ham
    • View Profile
« Reply #257 on: March 12, 2013, 02:41:36 pm »

Hiring? Oh boy, resume time!

Spoiler: Resume (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: March 12, 2013, 02:43:14 pm by Xanmyral »

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #258 on: March 12, 2013, 03:50:08 pm »

Look at the clock. If it's close to time to leave, head home. If not, try to find something to make me look busy on a lower floor.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #259 on: March 13, 2013, 12:03:46 am »

Aw.  I'm dead.  Did you actually roll the "spirit leaving the body" bit, or is it really impossible?  With everything else happening, I figured I'd have a decent chance. 
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #260 on: March 13, 2013, 02:34:50 am »

I actually rolled for it. Had you gotten a 5 or 6 your spirit still probably wouldn't have lasted long, but I'd have given you a few turns before you got eaten by some shadow-beast or something as a reward for your luck and creativity.

borno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #261 on: March 13, 2013, 05:38:08 am »

Undeterred, the Green Maid presses on! All superheroes have been hit by grenades at least once!

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
Re: Mayfly Acquisitions: Turn 32
« Reply #262 on: March 13, 2013, 08:10:04 am »

And the waiting list is now decently long. Still, feel free to apply if you still want to. Or to reapply if you're NRDL.

Turn 32
<- Turn 31 | Turn 33 ->

Good girl.

Come out of the closet. Then lock it, if possible.

1. You crack open the door to try and sneak out, but the light shines on the shade, causing it to hiss and envelop you to try to save itself. (5) You feel faint as it wraps around you and drains your remaining 2 HP away. You fall unconscious.

Look at the clock. If it's close to time to leave, head home. If not, try to find something to make me look busy on a lower floor.

2. Well... it's eleven, and work typically ends around four, so you've got quite a few hours before you can leave. You try to head towards the elevator while avoiding any crazy people, but someone with a bible starts approaching you so you head back to your desk and try to look busy until they give up.

Clair shrug "happened to the best of us 1 out of six times, tea?"

locate kettal and first aid box

4. You grab a first aid kit from the station by the receptionist's desk on your way to the break room, then heat up some water in the microwave. While you're waiting, you patch yourself up and heal 7 HP, and you use the rest of the kit to heal Clara for 2 HP. You get the water once it's hot.

As you're making your tea, you notice that Clara seems impatient. "Is something wrong?" you ask.

"We don't have much time. If my calculations are right, we've got exactly one hour left to complete our mission or our competitors will first. I can't tell you too many details in case they capture you, but it's very urgent. We've got to get to the top floor of this building as soon as we can."

Martin pulls out a weathered old notebook and begins to write inside it.

Marigold's Log, February 5th, 10:55 AM

There are sounds outside of my cubicle. Not the usual sounds. New sounds. Bad sounds. Distracting sounds. Screams of pain, death and oppression. More than usual. Could not summon bravery to forage yet. There is something out there, I know it. And I will have to leave my lair eventually, comfortable though it may be for now. Am wrestling with thoughts of whether to leave now or leave later. Now seems a better idea, as it will let me know my enemy and engage on my own terms. Should anyone find this log on my corpse, my chicken sandwich (hidden in my back pocket) is to be burned along with my remains.

With that done, Martin could go on with his day. First order of business, recon.

Grab some pens as well as anything sharper than that from my cubicle. Place half-eaten chicken sandwich in back pocket. Look over cubicle walls after standing on desk to get a good idea of any trouble in the nearest vicinity.

5. You pocket some pens (1d2 damage) and your ready your trusty letter opener in case things get ugly (1d3 damage). You then peek over your wall - finance seems to be the most sane department for now. HR has been taken over by religious loons, IT will run out of power any minute now (leaving HR as the only department with any), and Law seems to have a bad case of zombies.

Finance is pretty well off in comparison. Sure, there's some sobbing audible nearby and you're pretty sure you saw some eyeballs peeking out from dark corners but at least nothing deadly seems to be going on.

Undeterred, the Green Maid presses on! All superheroes have been hit by grenades at least once!

6. Another grenade rolls towards you, but you decide to try this thing you saw in a movie one time. You turn your back to it and start walking toward where it was thrown from. It explodes, luckily dealing no damage to you, and launches you south. You land near the end of the hallway where it appears someone has set up some sort of base in the building with portable metal walls. There's a door facing you, but it's closed and looks pretty resilient.

"Halt!" a man shouts from behind the wall. A small slot opens in the door and someone peeks through it. "Ah, a local. This floor is currently a war zone. Please find somewhere less dangerous until Operation Icthys Dogma Penance is complete."

Status
Time - 11:00 AM Tuesday Febuary 5 2013
Spoiler: Darvi (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: scapheap (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: borno (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: GreatWyrmGold (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Harry Baldman (click to show/hide)

NPCs
Spoiler: Clara R. Regia (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: GRU Class Shade (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: March 14, 2013, 06:01:06 am by penguinofhonor »

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a good guy...girl. My horse just eat souls.
    • View Profile
« Reply #263 on: March 13, 2013, 11:37:32 am »

"lets go"

Grab tea and head for the top floor

(GM will add stabber trait)
You were planning to have a 15 year old magical girl kill Witches by drinking them under the table!? It's original, at least.
Morpheus, a magic girls game

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #264 on: March 13, 2013, 11:45:29 am »

Investigate sobbing. If source cannot be found, forage for food.

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #265 on: March 13, 2013, 12:51:29 pm »

(GM will add stabber trait)

Ehehe, I knew I was forgetting something.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #266 on: March 13, 2013, 03:08:11 pm »

Continue feigning business. Or actually get busy, if I...this is coming out wrong, isn't it?
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

borno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #267 on: March 13, 2013, 05:07:06 pm »

"I work for Billy Mayfly, and I'm a superhero."
Jake points to scales.
"Let me in please!"

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #268 on: March 13, 2013, 05:25:56 pm »

Hey kids, do you know what time it is? It's time for the Eleventh Hour Super Power!

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #269 on: March 14, 2013, 12:12:56 am »

Sure, I'll apply to the waiting list. 

Name: Zombie Jeremiah S. Nix
How would your coworkers describe you: An undead creature
Department: Law
Where do you see yourself in five years: Hopefully still alive
Lunch: I still have have that ham sandwich right? 

Is this okay?  Or too unfair to other players? 
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19