Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33] 34 35 ... 43

Author Topic: Power Hungry Mafia 2 - Game over, SK team wins  (Read 72903 times)

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
  • Soothly we live in mighty years!
    • View Profile
Re: Power Hungry Mafia 2 - D3
« Reply #480 on: May 29, 2019, 06:34:22 pm »

Er. I'm glad you like me and all, but why does Tric's answer incriminate him?
Falling angel met the rising ape, and the sound it made was

klonk
tormenting the player is important
Sigtext

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #481 on: May 29, 2019, 06:39:03 pm »

Likely cause he doesn't particularly like my roles. That's how they were.

Point of order: I'm pretty sure someone tried to kill me last night, so I don't think it's guaranteed that the scum team has no kills.

Were you able to inspect anybody D1?
Was I able to? Yes, but I didn't use the ability then.

Why are you so sure someone tried to kill you?

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #482 on: May 29, 2019, 06:46:17 pm »

Likely cause he doesn't particularly like my roles. That's how they were.

Mm, he said something earlier about your connection to KitRougard; I assume that's what he's thinking of-- but I want clarification.

Why are you so sure someone tried to kill you?

He answered this already, remember?

At the end of the night I got a generic kill ability. I have a Cyborg ability which would make me both immune to kills and gain abilities after being targeted by one. So either I was targeted by a kill last night or someone else has gifted me a kill ability.

His role grants him a kill ability if somebody tries to kill him. Last night, he gained a kill ability. Therefore, it is likely that somebody tried to kill him.

klonk
Sigtext

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #483 on: May 29, 2019, 06:53:38 pm »

Cyborg (town, sk; super-rare; 4+ players): Whenever you are targeted by an ability, you gain that ability. It still has its normal effect on you. You are immune to kills.

Generic Kill ability. Sure...

What ability did you use on Day 1 Dues?

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #484 on: May 29, 2019, 06:59:04 pm »

Cyborg (town, sk; super-rare; 4+ players): Whenever you are targeted by an ability, you gain that ability. It still has its normal effect on you. You are immune to kills.

Now this is intriguing.

Deus: Why the discrepancy?

klonk
Sigtext

Deus Asmoth

• Bay Watcher
  • Bland, but sensible.
    • View Profile
« Reply #485 on: May 29, 2019, 07:01:17 pm »

Er. I'm glad you like me and all, but why does Tric's answer incriminate him?
Because he annoyed the crap out of me for most of yesterday and I want him dead.

Beyond that, he was insisting hector was scum towards the end of day 1 and then made no mention of that through day 2, he's incredibly reluctant to answer questions which I don't accept as just being a part of his meta, and he voted for NQT for no logical reason when hector was the only other person who thought NQT was scum. Knowing that hector was a cult leader, I think there's a fair chance that all that means that he and Kit were converted during N1. If we lynch Tric and he's not cult then at least it'll clear Kit, and Kit is more likely to be useful alive than Tric.

Now this is intriguing.

Deus: Why the discrepancy?
If you can tell me what the apparent discrepancy is than I'll be happy to answer that question for you.
Look elsewhere, reader. There is nothing for you here.

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #486 on: May 29, 2019, 07:14:48 pm »

I really, really think that wouldn't clear him at all. While it's possible that both did visit hector13, there's no possible case in which TricMagic would be cult and KitRougard not, since KitRougard wouldn't have transformed into a green goo otherwise. So, if TricMagic visited hector13 and didn't target KitRougard with his mimic, then KitRougard did target hector13 and is also a cultist.
The dog behind the man behind the beard.
Immortality like that would be even more game breaking than four Aaron's in one place.
You're both so obviously scum that this is a surprisingly difficult decision.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #487 on: May 29, 2019, 07:16:15 pm »

To decide not to use an investigative ability day 1, you most likely have had another ability you wanted to use instead. If it's one-shot, you would need to have a better ability. I used Mimic over Faith Nurse to use another Nosy Neighbor Day 2.

Also, Kit, by their own admission, hates being a vanilla townie.

If Kit is Town, then I bounced his ability back, so we are both green slime.

If Kit isn't Town, same thing, and he's green slime.

Under what scenario would kit hit both of us? Anything targeting either of us would target the other, and I would have to be cult, and so kit would be cult. This does not make sense at all...

Under what case is that a clear? The paths are too jumbled to truly confirm kit is town from my death, and vice versa.

Nin'd

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #488 on: May 29, 2019, 07:18:37 pm »

Beyond that, he was insisting hector was scum towards the end of day 1 and then made no mention of that through day 2, he's incredibly reluctant to answer questions which I don't accept as just being a part of his meta, and he voted for NQT for no logical reason when hector was the only other person who thought NQT was scum. Knowing that hector was a cult leader, I think there's a fair chance that all that means that he and Kit were converted during N1. If we lynch Tric and he's not cult then at least it'll clear Kit, and Kit is more likely to be useful alive than Tric.

Sound logic.

If you can tell me what the apparent discrepancy is than I'll be happy to answer that question for you.

...Wait, you're right, there is no discrepancy. I misread your post. My mistake.  ::)

klonk
Sigtext

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #489 on: May 29, 2019, 07:19:30 pm »

I'll kinda note that was based upon someone trying to turn us into cult. Just a gut reaction to Dues Asmoth.

Note, Backed off of hector cause I had no way to confirm him as town. Had I done so, I would be Cult right now, wouldn't I? Why did you not notice that type of interaction? I could be lying and am a Green Slime, and Kit's hidden ability wasn't. See what I mean by jumbled paths?

Nin again.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #490 on: May 29, 2019, 07:20:28 pm »

Also Dorf, I am really starting to find you suspicious...

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #491 on: May 29, 2019, 07:27:14 pm »

I'll kinda note that was based upon someone trying to turn us into cult. Just a gut reaction to Dues Asmoth.

Alriight? Gut reactions aren't enough to lynch somebody on this late in the game, unless we've got no better choice. If you think he's scum, build a proper case on him and show us.

Note, Backed off of hector cause I had no way to confirm him as town. Had I done so, I would be Cult right now, wouldn't I? Why did you not notice that type of interaction? I could be lying and am a Green Slime, and Kit's hidden ability wasn't. See what I mean by jumbled paths?

You stopped calling Hector scum... because you couldn't confirm he was town? I don't follow.

Also Dorf, I am really starting to find you suspicious...

Oh, I've looked suspicious allll game. This has not been one of my better performances. But you're awfully quick to jump on me now that I'm agreeing with the guy voting you, aren't you? And come to think of it, you're voting the guy voting you, for rather shaky reasons...

You're raising some red flags here, TricMagic. More than usual, I mean. Why are you lashing out so quickly at the people you find threatening? And why, specifically, is Deus scum?

klonk
Sigtext

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #492 on: May 29, 2019, 07:35:51 pm »

Did I ever stop being suspiscous of Hector dorf?

Also, because he is raising red flags, as you put it. He has been doing so all game to me.

Deus Asmoth

• Bay Watcher
  • Bland, but sensible.
    • View Profile
« Reply #493 on: May 29, 2019, 07:38:27 pm »

I really, really think that wouldn't clear him at all. While it's possible that both did visit hector13, there's no possible case in which TricMagic would be cult and KitRougard not, since KitRougard wouldn't have transformed into a green goo otherwise. So, if TricMagic visited hector13 and didn't target KitRougard with his mimic, then KitRougard did target hector13 and is also a cultist.
Yes, that's my point. If Tric is lynched and flips as cult, then Kit is also cult and we can lynch him tomorrow. If Tric flips as town then Kit is also likely town, or at least not cult.

Plus if we can agree on who the most likely person to be scum is (since I'm not comfortable counting King as definite scum) then I can at least shoot that person tonight, which I can't do for black goos.
Look elsewhere, reader. There is nothing for you here.

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #494 on: May 29, 2019, 07:38:44 pm »

Did I ever stop being suspiscous of Hector dorf?

I don't know. You said you "backed off Hector" because you "couldn't confirm he was town". I'm trying to figure out how that works.

Also, because he is raising red flags, as you put it. He has been doing so all game to me.

Lovely. Name me a few.

--------------------------------

I need to head out for a couple hours or so. I'll be back in a bit, I expect.

klonk
Sigtext
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33] 34 35 ... 43