Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 77 78 [79] 80 81 82

Author Topic: Dead Webadict Now: Game Over  (Read 53937 times)

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
  • Soothly we live in mighty years!
    • View Profile
Re: Kill Webadict Now - Day 6
« Reply #1170 on: January 10, 2022, 02:19:05 pm »

...ah.

Toaster, Vector: Right then. At this point, you have a choice between winning this with everyone else, or just losing outright. Either of you got a bullet?
Falling angel met the rising ape, and the sound it made was

klonk
tormenting the player is important
Sigtext

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1171 on: January 10, 2022, 03:45:54 pm »

I don't have an available day action, Toaster might have a bullet still.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
  • Soothly we live in mighty years!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1172 on: January 10, 2022, 03:48:10 pm »

Down to Toaster, then.
Falling angel met the rising ape, and the sound it made was

klonk
tormenting the player is important
Sigtext

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #1173 on: January 10, 2022, 05:49:50 pm »

Since I shot everyone except Vector during the night phase, I can't shoot again until the upcoming night phase.

Frankly, it's the only reason Vector is still alive.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #1174 on: January 10, 2022, 06:49:16 pm »

A number of things happen in rapid succession, due to a fundamental property of causality and observation. This being that nothing can truly happen unless observed, and that the moment it is observed, causality must race to keep up.

The first is that EuchreJack falls over, dead, as the result of multiple Bullet holes. Three, to be precise, though the source is relatively unknown and confusing, as it appears that his own Bullets have killed him, much like they killed Knightwing64. But, that hardly matters. The outcome that happened next was going to happen anyway. Several votes fall out of EuchreJack's pocket, one of which appears to be infinity at once. You refuse to engage with it, because votes are about to not matter.

Actually, this is a lie. The real first is that ToonyMan and Egan_BW rise from the grave as spooky, scary skeletons that can't talk or do anything, but this was relatively unimportant in the grand scheme of things to come. In order to preserve sanity, all ghastly wails have been muted from this narrative. They were rather annoying in hindsight.

The third is that Superdorf is shot twice. This one is actually relatively less confusing, because it's obvious that Toaster did. And with Superdorf's death, the Game ends. TolyK is whisked away to the Dead Lounge, a land of the Lost now. The shadows are torn back to reveal what has always been. Each Player holds in their hands the guns that they've had all Game. A fresh stockpile of Bullets at the ready. You are each the Only Webadict.

We knew, after all things are done, that only one may be cherished and loved, and what better way to show this than through the ritual murder of your friends that helped get you here. You are the Only Webadict, and this game isn't big enough for the four of you.

The others have already Lost. That was your Choice. You have Chosen for them to Lose. It was already decided. There is no take backs or everyone wins scenarios. The Game, as you know it, is over. You may safely end the game if you too would like to Lose. That is always a Choice.

Egan_BW
Toaster
ToonyMan
Vector

You are given 12 Bullets each. The final Winner we will reach. Only one of you must remain. Attack, Defend, or Sustain.

The game has only 3 Rounds. The last living Player Wins. If, after 3 Rounds, we haven't reached a Winner (or everyone died), then whoever has the most Bullets remaining Wins. If that still doesn't decide, we will use Kills, then go by Round that a Kill happened, then by Bullets left at the end of the second Round, and so on until a Winner can be determined.

- You may use any number of Bullets to shoot a Player.
- If you use more Bullets than they use to Defend themselves, they die. If you use less than or equal to, you die instead.
- Additionally, if you use any number of Bullets to Defend yourself and no one shoots you, you die!
- And finally, you MUST use at least one Bullet each Round, or you die.

And finally to offset the Game, the final killer of Webadict's Name, Toaster, now with extra lead, you get the Extra Bullet instead.

So now let us begin the show. Let our winners come to blows. Watch and dismay at what it cost, if you are now among the Lost.

The Game is over. Pro-Webadict is the winner. All other Players have Lost.

Round 1 begins.

Quote from: Role PMs
You are the Only Webadict.

You have 12/13 Bullets.

You may fire any number of Bullets at any number of Players. If you fire more than they use to Defend, they die.
You may use any number of Bullets to Defend. If you use one or more, and no one shoots you, you die.
You must use at least one Bullet each Round for Attacking or Defending if you have any.
At the end of the Round, the remaining Bullets are displayed to all Player.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2022, 06:52:38 pm by webadict »

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
Re: Kill The Other Webadicts Now - You Are The Only Webadict
« Reply #1175 on: January 10, 2022, 06:57:49 pm »

For those wondering; I started the day with three bullets.  I had only one left when I was asked.

Because I Killed Webadict Just A Bit Ago.

I didn't bother saying anything because I had sent in the action last night, and I was waiting for the result.  Well, I guess this is it.  We weren't sure whether we could trust what we were being told by the Webadict, and I wasn't getting traction for the "Everyone Wins" scenario D1.  We had pretty much settled on this course of action D5.

Anyway.

Hello former team, what's up?  Is there a clever way out of this one?

webadict:  What happens if everyone dies at once?
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1176 on: January 10, 2022, 07:14:42 pm »

Whooo, deep breath.

Good job, team. At the end of the day we're all winners.

Web: Actions in PMs? Or in thread?

I'm fine with coming up to a Plan where we all die and make the same number of kills simultaneously, this round. There's four of us. We can win or lose together. But we would have to trust each other.

Do I trust you guys? Hmmmmmmm.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1177 on: January 10, 2022, 07:16:50 pm »

webadict:  What happens if everyone dies at once?
A Winner will be determined. You've already Chosen that. If you get to a direct tie, well, you've killed the Webadict, so I suppose you Win, don't you?

Web: Actions in PMs? Or in thread?
Whatever arrives in my inbox will be accepted, feel free to betray your team with your promises here.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #1178 on: January 10, 2022, 07:39:08 pm »

If we all use all our bullets to shoot the next person in line:

Egan_BW
Toaster
ToonyMan
Vector

...then we should all be dead... right?

Webadict:  Someone shot with a more Bullets than another person is equally Dead, right?
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • I wear many masks, none of them have names.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1179 on: January 10, 2022, 07:49:37 pm »

Well, that was satisfying. No matter what they said in death chat, I kept faith in the allies I found. Because despite playing super dumb, I lucked into the one move which gave me three allies who knew how to play the others excellently. I hardly need to be most cherished and most loved now, for fate itself has shown itself to be in my favor.

Luigi wins by doing absolutely nothing.

Anyway, as I see it Toaster will need to use all 13 bullets for a perfect tie, if he uses only 12 then he'll win. It doesn't matter to me who wins though, all of my teammates did well and I had fun. Just like with the Game, it doesn't matter that I can't attain a win, because Losing Is Fun.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #1180 on: January 10, 2022, 07:57:09 pm »

Webadict:  What happens in this case:  A shoots B with 1 bullet on a turn where B defends with 5 bullets?  Assume each started with 10 bullets and no other party interferes?

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1181 on: January 10, 2022, 08:01:55 pm »

Webadict:  What happens in this case:  A shoots B with 1 bullet on a turn where B defends with 5 bullets?  Assume each started with 10 bullets and no other party interferes?
A dies, and B wins.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #1182 on: January 10, 2022, 08:36:19 pm »

Okay.... we have an odd number of bullets.  The trick is resolving that; once it's gone, we should be just fine.

Scenarios involving three survivors are trivial; A B C all shoot D who defends with all bullets and dies from MASSIVE DAMAGE.  But that's not good enough.

Webadict:  What if a player starts a round with no bullets and no one shoots them?  Do they survive?  What if two+ players end up without bullets?

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • I wear many masks, none of them have names.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1183 on: January 10, 2022, 08:47:06 pm »

Let's see, if we do:

Egan_BW: Toaster x12
Toaster: Toonyman x13
ToonyMan: Vector x12
Vector: Egan_BW x12

Then we'll all be dead, none of us will have bullets remaining, and we'll all have died at the same time. Meaning no possibility of a tiebreaker, and no Winner. Toaster would get the achievement of 'most overkill' but that's not a listed tiebreaker.

I'm not sure if that would be better than:

Egan_BW: Toaster x1
Toaster: Toonyman x2
ToonyMan: Vector x1
Vector: Egan_BW x1

Leaving us each with equal 11 bullets. It'd eliminate the possibility of one betraying three to win by using fewer bullets, but would allow one to betray three by using bullets to defend.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1184 on: January 10, 2022, 09:01:15 pm »

Okay.... we have an odd number of bullets.  The trick is resolving that; once it's gone, we should be just fine.

Scenarios involving three survivors are trivial; A B C all shoot D who defends with all bullets and dies from MASSIVE DAMAGE.  But that's not good enough.

Webadict:  What if a player starts a round with no bullets and no one shoots them?  Do they survive?  What if two+ players end up without bullets?
In the event of a tie or no clear Winner, Toaster Wins, by virtue of killing the most recent Webadict.
Pages: 1 ... 77 78 [79] 80 81 82