Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 27

Author Topic: Wanderer's Friend [0.97b]: Now with elixirs.  (Read 104611 times)

Lofn

• Bay Watcher
  • There was a hole.
    • View Profile
    • Tumblr
Re: Wanderer's Friend [0.9b]: Mostly minor fixes.
« Reply #270 on: February 26, 2012, 10:48:44 am »

The mod includes raws from 34.02 with the scale/chitin/fur variations in place. If you want creatures from outside the vanilla raws to have them, you'll need to apply them yourself.
Also known as Zuhayr.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #271 on: February 26, 2012, 01:37:05 pm »

The usage of megabeast corpses for elixiers looks amazing. I assume you are making adventure mode enabled reactions for them ?

It would be quite easy to use them in Fortress Mode as well, by using them as reagents in a buildings spawning boiling stones to affect the user.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Isher

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #272 on: February 26, 2012, 02:29:46 pm »

The mod includes raws from 34.02 with the scale/chitin/fur variations in place. If you want creatures from outside the vanilla raws to have them, you'll need to apply them yourself.

Great, thanks!

My peasant human outsider will cast away his copper spear and dagger and venture off into the wilderness like a true survivor. Then when he's all geared up he'll take a crossbow bolt to the head the first chance he gets.

Then I'll probably try regen and masterwork in adv. mode at some point (even without this) to see how they are.

Soadreqm

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm okay with this. I'm okay with a lot of things.
    • View Profile
« Reply #273 on: February 27, 2012, 10:57:43 am »

Looks like gauntlets are still unwearable. Is this some deep limitation in the core of DF, or can it be fixed by fiddling with the raws? I think this may have come up before, but I can't remember.

Lofn

• Bay Watcher
  • There was a hole.
    • View Profile
    • Tumblr
« Reply #274 on: February 27, 2012, 11:41:03 am »

It's a limitation of DF, I'm afraid.
Also known as Zuhayr.

fmunoz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.wesnoth.org
« Reply #275 on: February 27, 2012, 02:43:44 pm »

A few minor improvements (not only to your mods but also for the vanilla game too ;) ) that could be nice:
-Unicorn horns material could be given a minor boost (even given some colour effects). Maybe something similar to silver?
-Though hides could be better, not "LEATER_PLUS" but a bit better than standard. I'm thinking about Alligators, Rhinos and similar beasts (and their giant ones versions)
-Based on the 1st point, maybe create a HORN_PLUS, NAIL_PLUS, TOOTH_PLUS materials too. But this could be unbalance things a bit (even more if you add DOUBLEPLUS ones).

Lofn

• Bay Watcher
  • There was a hole.
    • View Profile
    • Tumblr
« Reply #276 on: February 27, 2012, 03:02:11 pm »

A few minor improvements (not only to your mods but also for the vanilla game too ;) ) that could be nice:
-Unicorn horns material could be given a minor boost (even given some colour effects). Maybe something similar to silver?
I was intending on using unicorn horn in the upcoming alchemy bollocks. I guess it could benefit from a material boost, since you're not likely to run into them frequently.
-Though hides could be better, not "LEATER_PLUS" but a bit better than standard. I'm thinking about Alligators, Rhinos and similar beasts (and their giant ones versions)
Scale and chitin actually turn out a better end product than regular hide. Nothing remarkable, but a noticeable increase in durability.
-Based on the 1st point, maybe create a HORN_PLUS, NAIL_PLUS, TOOTH_PLUS materials too. But this could be unbalance things a bit (even more if you add DOUBLEPLUS ones).
Generally speaking, creatures that would be suitable for enhanced teeth/nails already benefit from massive size. I can add some variations for it, anyway, if you like - though I'm not certain what creatures I would put them on.
Also known as Zuhayr.

Lofn

• Bay Watcher
  • There was a hole.
    • View Profile
    • Tumblr
« Reply #277 on: February 28, 2012, 01:31:18 pm »

Update with limited/half-assed potion brewing.

Currently the potions only require essence and an empty waterskin/flask. Essence gems are a stand-in until I can sort out some reaction container issues. Likewise for ground heart powder, it currently has no use. Make sure you're wearing gloves when you create an essence gem, and use it immediately - otherwise it melts and if you're not protected, you get nasty (nonfatal) essence poisoning.

EDIT: I should note that the ingredients for potions will be much more demanding in the future. This is mostly a testing release more than anything else.
Also known as Zuhayr.

Glanzor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Wanderer's Friend [0.97b]: Now with elixirs.
« Reply #278 on: February 28, 2012, 02:02:57 pm »

Um, just a request: Could you put the essences and potions in a different folder in the zip-file than the regular crafting reactions, just like you did with the interactions?
I'm not interested in all this experimental magical stuff and removing it all manually is little bit of a bother.

Lofn

• Bay Watcher
  • There was a hole.
    • View Profile
    • Tumblr
« Reply #279 on: February 28, 2012, 02:04:18 pm »

Um, just a request: Could you put the essences and potions in a different folder in the zip-file than the regular crafting reactions, just like you did with the interactions?
I'm not interested in all this experimental magical stuff and removing it all manually is little bit of a bother.

Sure thing. Give me a few minutes and I'll have it repackaged and up on DFFD.
EDIT: done. The alchemy stuff is in the aptly-named reaction_wanderer_alchemy.txt.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2012, 02:12:56 pm by Lofn »
Also known as Zuhayr.

Glanzor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #280 on: February 29, 2012, 06:08:52 am »

Thanks!

khearn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #281 on: March 01, 2012, 07:37:44 pm »

I'm just starting out with wanderer's friend, and it looks pretty fun.

I think I've found a bug, though. I did the "Clean feathers" reaction starting with a Turkey gobbler feather, and when I was done I had both the turkey gobbler feather and a turkey feather (which seems to function the same as leather). I was then able to do it again and still had the turkey gobbler feather and now had two turkey feathers. It looks like the original feather isn't being used up, so I can make an infinite number of turkey feather leathers.

As an aside, I'm not sure I understand how one can use feathers as a leather replacement. Even if it's fixed to use up the original feather, does this reaction really make sense?

EDIT: Another bug. I made some pants from some leather sewn with some dried guts thread and they ended up being called "dried gut trousers". This one I can see a fix for. In reaction_wanderer.txt, in the [REACTION:SEW_CLOTH_PANTS_ADV] it says:
[PRODUCT:100:1:PANTS:ITEM_PANTS_PANTS:GET_MATERIAL_FROM_REAGENT:A:NONE]
I think that should be:
[PRODUCT:100:1:PANTS:ITEM_PANTS_PANTS:GET_MATERIAL_FROM_REAGENT:B:NONE]

I also spotted the bug in the feather cleaning reaction. In reaction_wanderer_materials.txt, the reaction is:
Code: [Select]
[REACTION:CLEAN_FEATHERS_ADV]
        [NAME:clean feathers]
        [ADVENTURE_MODE_ENABLED]
        [REAGENT:A:1:NONE:NONE:NONE:NONE][USE_BODY_COMPONENT][UNROTTEN][REACTION_CLASS:FEATHER]
        REAGENT:B:1:TOOL:ITEM_TOOL_COMB:NONE:NONE][PRESERVE_REAGENT]
        [PRODUCT:100:1:SKIN_TANNED:NONE:GET_MATERIAL_FROM_REAGENT:A:NONE]
        [SKILL:TANNER]
There's a missing [ on the reagent B line. That's making it not require the comb, and also preserve reagent A.
« Last Edit: March 01, 2012, 07:48:11 pm by khearn »
Have them killed. Nothing solves a problem quite as effectively as simply having it killed.

Lofn

• Bay Watcher
  • There was a hole.
    • View Profile
    • Tumblr
« Reply #282 on: March 02, 2012, 03:09:17 am »

Ah, thanks very much for pointing those out. I'll fix them up in a moment.

The feather > leather reaction should probably produce cloth rather than leather - it's a bit of a relic from the first version.
Also known as Zuhayr.

Xotano

• Bay Watcher
  • Elite Head Collector
    • View Profile
« Reply #283 on: March 02, 2012, 06:13:21 am »

"Make sure you're wearing gloves when you create an essence gem, and use it immediately - otherwise it melts and if you're not protected, you get nasty (nonfatal) essence poisoning."

does this make it a nice throwing weapon? :O
"Engraved on the wall is a masterful depiction of a human by Logrin.  The artwork relates to Xotano Beastblood The Everseeing Dwelling of Clouds the human vampire recruiting some new human shields companions after his encounter with Ral Firewealthy the Warm Flicker the dragon, during which his face was melted off."

300 human/elf/dwarf/goblin/kobold bodies 20 random animal/fish/bird bodies and 3 dragon bodies all in one backpack. fun stuff.

Lofn

• Bay Watcher
  • There was a hole.
    • View Profile
    • Tumblr
« Reply #284 on: March 02, 2012, 06:55:15 am »

Only if you manage to embed it in the target, otherwise the item just vanishes, unfortunately.
Also known as Zuhayr.
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 27