Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 36 37 [38] 39 40 ... 77

Author Topic: History: the Minimalist RTD  (Read 116609 times)

Nunzillor

Re: History: the Minimalist RTD
« Reply #555 on: July 30, 2014, 10:06:41 am »

Chantututututu tries to make friends with the captured animals.

poketwo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #556 on: July 30, 2014, 10:07:08 am »

"Brothers and sisters, or tribe faces many dangers, and the many voices of the council may be slowing us down when quick decisions are necessary. I have heard your desire for a single leader, and suggest now may be the time to make that change. Let the council still be advisors, but let responsibility for the tribes well being fall on one person's shoulders."

a ghostly whisper comes from nowhere those were my ideas.....

Samarkand

• Bay Watcher
  • Aspiring GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #557 on: July 30, 2014, 10:41:20 am »

"Brothers and sisters, or tribe faces many dangers, and the many voices of the council may be slowing us down when quick decisions are necessary. I have heard your desire for a single leader, and suggest now may be the time to make that change. Let the council still be advisors, but let responsibility for the tribes well being fall on one person's shoulders."

((If you had spawned as chief of the tribe, you would have managed it, easily. Hell, I might have supported you. Instead you spawned as an outsider.))
My Area

It's it's its, not it's, not its its, not it's.

Alev

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #558 on: July 30, 2014, 12:32:21 pm »

Get the foreigners to help me make a boat.

SaberToothTiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Wannabe Shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #559 on: July 30, 2014, 01:33:44 pm »

Ponder about the issue of children. Why are they different than their parents?

I must go. I shall inform the Council of my location, and I shall live there, on a voluntary exile, sharing my knowledge with everyone. Brew lots of alcohol and trade it for other goods. Eat little, drink a bit, think a lot. Do not eat meat of any kind, eat only the food I manage to make.
I gaze into its milky depths, searching the wheat and sugar for the meanings I can never find.
It's like tea leaf divination, but with cartoon leprechauns.
There are only two sure things in life: death and taxes and lists and poor arithmetic and overlong jokes and poor memory and probably a few more things.

poketwo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #560 on: July 30, 2014, 04:08:29 pm »

((I could of been a member of the tribe ya know. It was actually my original intension to be a member of the tribe. BBBBBBBBuuuuuuuuuutttttttttt nnnnnnnooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!! You had to "infer" that I was already an outsider. It's ok. But don't think my character's going to forgive you. He might even be possessing his bro right now!!!!)
((If you had spawned as chief of the tribe, you would have managed it, easily. Hell, I might have supported you. Instead you spawned as an outsider.))

Samarkand

• Bay Watcher
  • Aspiring GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #561 on: July 30, 2014, 04:12:25 pm »

((I could of been a member of the tribe ya know. It was actually my original intension to be a member of the tribe. BBBBBBBBuuuuuuuuuutttttttttt nnnnnnnooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!! You had to "infer" that I was already an outsider. It's ok. But don't think my character's going to forgive you. He might even be possessing his bro right now!!!!)
((I suppose you had not explicitly said you were an outsider. I think we all assumed it since you didn't give yourself a role within the tribe. Regardless, your current character has no reason to have a grudge with me, unless you're metagaming...))
My Area

It's it's its, not it's, not its its, not it's.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #562 on: July 30, 2014, 06:00:47 pm »

REMAIN IN HOLE FOR A WHILE, PREFERABLY LESS THAN AN HOUR, PONDERING HOW BEST TO CONVERT MY HIDEY-HOLE INTO A TRAP FOR ANYONE INVESTIGATING THE NOISE MADE WHEN I CLIMB OUT OF IT

USE MY ESTENSIVE KNOWLEDGE OF SNARES AND AMBUSHES TO THINK UP A PLAN
((TRY TO CHARGE A BONUS TO MY NEXT ACTION OF SETTING UP THE TRAP- NOT SURE IF ALLOWED BUT TRY REGARDLESS!))
I WILL NOT NEED TO HIDE MUCH LONGER ANYWAY
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

tuypo1

• Bay Watcher
  • i really apreciate a good analogy
    • View Profile
« Reply #563 on: July 30, 2014, 09:46:48 pm »

study the items gained from the caravan ask the captives how to make bronze if they refuse to tell me seduce it out of them make them wear my new invention the condom
important project progress

have some basic idea of whats going to go in it

Nidilap

• Bay Watcher
  • Oh boy a Swooooord!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #564 on: July 30, 2014, 10:10:34 pm »

Bronn is a young adventurer who has been searching for a temple. He wanders about, looking for companions.
Nidilap likes Adamantine, Bituminous Coal, Garnets, Cats for their aloofness, Dwarves for their stupidity, and Swords for their Spikes and edges. When possible, he prefers to eat pizza, ramen noodles, and sushi. He absolutely detests elves and spiders. He needs MTN DEW to get through the working day.

A medium- sized creature prone to great ambition, but only when he feels like it.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #565 on: July 31, 2014, 05:25:16 am »

"You seem set on eliminating my tribe. We shall see who the spirits favor."

Kill them all, except the children and members of my tribe that I see, starting with slashing the chief's neck. The threat to the tribe must be stopped. Draw courage and strength from my warpaint while fighting. Make the corpses of the painted tribe or skulking tribe or whichever this one this is, although it seems like they're the same one, into more warpaint, or maybe mount their heads on spears. Or both.

((It was only a matter of time until this happened.))

[4] You slit the chief's throat, then walk out of his tent, looking for yet more people to kill - fortunately, there are plenty. Moving inside another tent, you find what you believe is a sleeping hunter and his family. You kill all of them as well, but there's a bit of commotion made by a woman (her throat already slit, no less) while you slay what you suspect may have been her infant daughter, a commotion that begins to rouse the village. You are not sure you can defeat all of the village at once, at least not while they are on high alert.

Follow them by tracking and stealth.

[2] They prove too wily, and you fail to locate their tracks.

Propose that people of my tribe might be spared if they would join the Painted tribe.

[1] They find the idea of your tribe joining theirs inherently repugnant, given the blood your fellows have spilled. No, only extermination of either your tribe or theirs will bring a lasting solution. The children will join the Painted Tribe, yes. But the adults must all die. They look at you knowingly during that last sentence.

Propose that the share of loot must be equal, but the Gulls should send some men to help the Heads, because of their honorable sacrifice. If proposal is accepted, ask the Spears to make sure the Heads and Gulls keep their agreement

[2] The Gulls have no way to help the Heads - they are not warriors by trade, and warriors are what the Heads require. The very best, in fact. And the Heads still vehemently protest not obtaining every last woman and child, as well as the majority of the loot of the conquered tribe. The Spears remain silent, not willing to take sides against the Gull fishermen, who provide a lot of food, nor against the Heads, whose warriors are quite fearsome.

Continue the focused Breeding. Remember if we took our boats from the longboat tribe?

[2] Well, there's only so much breeding you can do. After that it's mostly just good fun, which there's nothing strictly wrong with, but you probably have better things to do. Now to wait for a new crop of tribespeople to emerge after about eight months or so. And then for them to mature in the fifteen years to come. Hm. You may be playing the long game here.

[4] On a different note, you did learn the art of making longboats and sailing from the survivors of the Longboat Tribe that you assimilated - it is part of the Fisher Tribe's heritage now. There's wood around here, and with help from the others you could build at least one new longboat over the course of a year.

Sneak out of captivity, steal a horse and head back home to the Northern Land.

[3] Your attempts to sneak out are cut short by the fact that you have no horses - only a few camels, and not very fast ones at that. And also the tripwires do not help at all, having changed places again. You are caught and put back into captivity, but no consequences ensue from this - in fact, you manage to get a good idea of the camp's general layout, which may come in handy during the next escape.

Uproot a plant to see if the creatures are eating them from underneath.

[1] You see no proof of this, but you believe the spirits of the earth to be ill-disposed toward strife nevertheless. Not very warlike, these earth spirits.

Coalesce power into one person, hopefully me.

[2] The tribe, judging from past experience, think that perhaps there are better candidates for chiefhood. You seem more like adviser material to them, in all honesty. Maybe co-chief at best. But definitely not the absolute ruler. Somebody else should be chosen, they believe.

Chantututututu tries to make friends with the captured animals.

[2] Your scent is highly off-putting to them for some reason, you suspect, considering that they do not even need visual contact to immediately start shying away from you.

Get the foreigners to help me make a boat.

[4] Though you do not even remotely speak their language, the foreigners seem willing to share their knowledge of boats, at least a bit of it - several of the guards, under the strict watch of the warriors, give you pointers and demonstrate certain techniques of curving boards and doing other shipbuilding things, and even show you the basic operation of a sail, which, while confounding at first, as you had no idea one could harness the wind to do such a thing, ultimately proves intuitive.

Ponder about the issue of children. Why are they different than their parents?

I must go. I shall inform the Council of my location, and I shall live there, on a voluntary exile, sharing my knowledge with everyone. Brew lots of alcohol and trade it for other goods. Eat little, drink a bit, think a lot. Do not eat meat of any kind, eat only the food I manage to make.

[2] Why, children aren't actually different than their parents. They repeat their mistakes, suffer their follies and acquire their habits - a child is a reflection of its parents first and foremost. And if it's otherwise, the spirits are probably to blame.

[1] You proceed to voluntarily exile yourself, telling the tribesmen where exactly you are going - unfortunately for you, soon after leaving a group of painted tribesmen abducts you during a period of rest, lashing you to a rock in the plains, pondering whether to kill you immediately or some time in the near future, and how slowly to do so and how much bodily mutilation to perform, and where in plain sight to put your corpse later.

REMAIN IN HOLE FOR A WHILE, PREFERABLY LESS THAN AN HOUR, PONDERING HOW BEST TO CONVERT MY HIDEY-HOLE INTO A TRAP FOR ANYONE INVESTIGATING THE NOISE MADE WHEN I CLIMB OUT OF IT

USE MY ESTENSIVE KNOWLEDGE OF SNARES AND AMBUSHES TO THINK UP A PLAN
((TRY TO CHARGE A BONUS TO MY NEXT ACTION OF SETTING UP THE TRAP- NOT SURE IF ALLOWED BUT TRY REGARDLESS!))
I WILL NOT NEED TO HIDE MUCH LONGER ANYWAY

[1] You just had the most brilliant idea.

study the items gained from the caravan ask the captives how to make bronze if they refuse to tell me seduce it out of them make them wear my new invention the condom

[5] You believe the items are largely gained from other tribes, and seem ornamental in nature. Of these you find the shaped semi-transparent stone things interesting, and then there are the weapons - they are made of a wholly unfamiliar material, one you have never before seen in your life - if another tribe makes these, they would be mighty indeed - it is simple for a stroke from them to splinter the average flint axe, at a great cost to the sharpness, admittedly, but they are also not difficult to return to a sharp state. They also seem significantly softer than stone, and more susceptible to bending. Not very difficult to work, you suspect. A very interesting and completely alien material. You must know more. You seek the captives on their downtime.

[3] When you ask normally, they do not tell you much of interest. Communication between you and them is difficult due to a certain language barrier. Realizing this problem, you switch to a more accessible, universal language to find common ground on.

[2] Unfortunately for you, they don't seem to entirely trust a bald, odd young woman throwing herself at them after attempting to inquire about the finer points of making bronze, especially when she insists they wear some kind of strange invention beforehand in an oddly doctorly tone.

Bronn is a young adventurer who has been searching for a temple. He wanders about, looking for companions.

[1] You wander the plains, hounded by shadows that seek to mislead you - they mean you harm, you realize. You have not slept in three days for fear that you will be taken away, or awaken with your throat slit. You know that the odds are stacked against you, but you must find the holy shrine. It is your quest. You left your home far to the north, in the prosperous city of Pethyra, to do so, leaving behind a family and many friends. To fail now would be to have lost all that for nothing.

SaberToothTiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Wannabe Shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #566 on: July 31, 2014, 05:35:31 am »

Try to get them drunk and sneak away. Don't fight them. They are weak, as our tribe is strong.
I gaze into its milky depths, searching the wheat and sugar for the meanings I can never find.
It's like tea leaf divination, but with cartoon leprechauns.
There are only two sure things in life: death and taxes and lists and poor arithmetic and overlong jokes and poor memory and probably a few more things.

tuypo1

• Bay Watcher
  • i really apreciate a good analogy
    • View Profile
« Reply #567 on: July 31, 2014, 06:29:31 am »

Very well I must still test the condom
force the condoms on them and give them a handjob (not very scientific word to use but I can't remember the correct word) afterwoods study the condoms and test them for tears and leaks

Also the baldness is a very impressive detail to remember congratulations im impressed
important project progress

have some basic idea of whats going to go in it

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #568 on: July 31, 2014, 06:44:52 am »

-snip-

How about we don't do that and instead keep up the pretense of being rated M rather than higher? Hate to spoil things, but guidelines are guidelines, and if I run this it might set a precedent.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #569 on: July 31, 2014, 06:52:20 am »

EXCELLENT

QUICKLY CLIMB OUT OF MY HIDEY-HOLE, THEN SET UP SNARE-TRAPS AROUND THE AREA TO CATCH ANYONE COMING

THEN LIE IN WAIT IN NEARBY UNDERBRUSH, READY FAVOURITE AXE TO "SUBDUE" THEM

LERKA SHALL EAT WELL TONIGHT!
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.
Pages: 1 ... 36 37 [38] 39 40 ... 77