Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 142

Author Topic: [DWARF] - Bug reports and known issues.  (Read 182815 times)

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
[DWARF] - Bug reports and known issues.
« on: April 30, 2013, 09:31:26 am »

Title says it all. I will collect everything that is wrong with the dwarf mode here. So you play dwarves and your game crashes? Post it here. Your volcanic hammer cant hurt anyone in iron? Post it here. Your dwarves never join guilds, no matter how often you try? Again, here is the right place for it.

Please also post the mod version you are playing, the OS (win/mac/linux) and the tileset you are using. (Phoebus/Ironhand/Ascii/Others)
« Last Edit: April 30, 2013, 10:15:52 am by Meph »
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Sekh

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
Re: [DWARF] - Bug reports and known issues.
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2013, 02:54:32 pm »

Hi Meph

Love the mod, and i've been particularly looking forward to the new version .3
I've been playing since version .2something.

Anyway, i've downloaded the new version (.3) and i'm running a new fort (using Phoebus' tileset and on windows since you asked for that info).
I've come across a small discrepancy. Building a "Tanner's Shop" in Dwarf fort mode requires the "Diplomacy" skill after the revamp of the labor names. I dont know if this is one of those vanilla things that you cannot change, but if it can be changed to the leatherworker that would be great!

Another thing i've noticed is that when using therapist, and going to the "roles" tab, a lot of roles show red diamonds (i.e. horrible match) next to a all dwarves. When you hover your mouse over these red diamonds the tooltip goes "Role not found", this may be some side effect of messing with the names of professions?

Keep up the good work!
« Last Edit: April 30, 2013, 03:14:43 pm by Sekh »

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2013, 03:38:25 pm »

Yes, the tanners workshops build labor is among the things I couldnt access. I think all the rest should be fine, but if you find more of this, let me know.

I did not test the roles in the therapist, but I did rename the file it reads out from. So instead of tanner it will read out "Ambassador", but the default is of course "Tanner". I think you would have to do your own role sheet for it to work reliably. I was just glad that the Therapist accepted the new labors and you can toggle them. That part was important. I will have a look at the roles later, see what I can do.
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

drayath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2013, 05:37:50 pm »

If you shear an animal for leather (e.g. Leatherwing bat) you can no longer tan the produced skin to leather. Guessing that the change-over to the new glob material for the multi-leather from one animal is the cause.
Drayath's Gem Splitting Workshop - Split large gems and gem trinkets into numbers of small gems.
Drayath's Seed Brewery - Convert bags of spare seeds into useful booze.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2013, 05:45:37 pm »

You can use it for leather, but you need to shear 4 leatherwing bats for 1 piece of leather. Or you need to shear a drake 2 times for scales before you can tan them. This is intended behaviour, since the shearable creature were added to counterbalance the lack of leather. Now that you get more leather I did scale down the amount you get for free from shearing.

I should probably have noted that down somewhere in the changelog though.  :-\

drayath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 30, 2013, 05:52:53 pm »

I have 10 leatherwing bat skins, but all of the tanner workshop jobs are red.
Drayath's Gem Splitting Workshop - Split large gems and gem trinkets into numbers of small gems.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #6 on: April 30, 2013, 05:58:05 pm »

In that case disregard everything I said, and it is back to the drawing board for me.

I guess I know whats wrong though, the glob entry in the skin material template only triggers upon butchering something. I can try to make a new reaction that also accepts the leatherwing skin and drake scales. I can do this using reaction_class.

Thanks for the report :)

drayath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 30, 2013, 06:01:28 pm »

As a work around should changing one of the tanner shop reactions i dont need to the v2i Tan Skin work and not cause issues?

Puddingkuchen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 30, 2013, 06:35:57 pm »

In the manual the build labor for the Tanner is Leatherworker,

and that should be two.
Same upgrade system in a smaller form applies to shell, scale and chitin. Using to units of it you can combine it to one unit of the "rigid" version.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #9 on: April 30, 2013, 06:40:04 pm »

Puddingkuchen: Is noted. The skill is leatherworker, I cant change the labor, sadly.

@Drayath: Yes and No. You can do this, which will enable you to use the leatherwing bat leather. It will also flood you with free leather whenever you use it for the "skin globs" that you get for butchering. This old reaction would give the 8x the leather then the reaction atm.

SharpKris

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 30, 2013, 07:47:50 pm »

got a caste dwarf with the immigrants and tried to turn him back to normal with leave guild command in the guildhall, he went there and did the reaction but he's still a beast warden caste furthermore he didnt use any gold coins and the reaction didnt take long at all

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #11 on: April 30, 2013, 07:53:08 pm »

Leaving guilds doesnt cost anything. And of course he doesnt need to stay a week, because it is not in training.

He should have transformed however... I didnt test the "leave guild" reaction, I will have a try at it. But the raws look fine, I had a look just now.

SharpKris

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 30, 2013, 08:10:31 pm »

scratch that, it takes a bit to update itself apperantly

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #13 on: April 30, 2013, 08:19:59 pm »

Yes, about 0,04 seconds on 100FPS, he will go from "a dwarf leaving his job" to "dwarf".

Puddingkuchen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 30, 2013, 08:38:59 pm »

Had the dwarven caravan come in and immediately spam
McUrist feels stronger, but somehow angry!
was fine at the beginning, but early winter one of my miners apparently went berserk?
Which ended in a loyality cascade and my pikedwarf killing 14/17 of my own dwarves.

Also Changelings are too hard to kill apparently.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 142