Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 93

Author Topic: They told me I could be anything...  (Read 74471 times)

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
Re: They told me I could be anything...
« Reply #285 on: July 04, 2010, 05:29:01 pm »

Kiss her. It's the perfect opportunity. KISS HER YOU FOOL!
No.
Armok why do you make silly suggestions?
Quote from: Freeform
princest zaldo of hurl kindom: the mushroom aren't going to choice itself, ochita

Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Blood
    • View Profile
« Reply #286 on: July 04, 2010, 05:35:47 pm »

What? why is it silly?

If we are going to have a real love interest, it'll have to be an immortal or we'll get the Aragorn problem, and we're already committed to this girl in several ways. And she is quite cute.
A romantic relationship might also go a long way to keep us human.
So says Armok, God of blood.
Sszsszssoo...
Sszsszssaaayysss...
III...

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
« Reply #287 on: July 04, 2010, 05:37:46 pm »

HER BLOOD IS CORUPTED. WE ARENT THE SAME. WHY AND WE ARE ALREADY PLENTY HUMAN WITHOUT A CREEPY LOVE INTEREST.
Quote from: Freeform
princest zaldo of hurl kindom: the mushroom aren't going to choice itself, ochita

Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Blood
    • View Profile
« Reply #288 on: July 04, 2010, 05:42:06 pm »

That sounds racist. She is the same as us much more than any normal human for these purposes. And she's not creepy, she's a scared girl in need of comfort and someone to trust.
So says Armok, God of blood.
Sszsszssoo...
Sszsszssaaayysss...
III...

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #289 on: July 04, 2010, 05:43:38 pm »

I think we have much more important things to worry about than acquiring a love interest, besides, last time we exchanged fluids with her we almost died...

Although I don't find her creepy, but I am creepy, so that isn't surprising...
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

penguify

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #290 on: July 04, 2010, 05:54:14 pm »

Also, she probably wouldn't appreciate it. I mean, we did just scare the heck out of her quite recently, and she certainly feels resentment due to the fact that we have likely caused her organization to try to revoke her immortality (that she went through hell to get). She may be scared, but it's our fault.

Even if she would appreciate anything of that sort, it would probably be due to Stockholm syndrome, and as I recall relationships based on that tend to fail.

Plus, Silleh Boy is quite possibly inexperienced and/or uncomfortable writing romantic scenes.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #291 on: July 04, 2010, 06:33:42 pm »

Romance is out, it will not work if she is a enlightened, that is not to say that a epic story such as this would not profit from a love interest someday but not a enlightened. If we can find a way to replace her immortality with some of our own than maybe.

But this is a forum game not a book.

We should get that Presence of the Immortal, and I am not just saying that because that is the first step to what power I want <_< >_>

I think it is time to find a place to hide her.

Strange guy

• Bay Watcher
  • Strangely normal
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #292 on: July 04, 2010, 06:48:41 pm »

I agree we should probably look for a place to hide her- at least until we've tried diplomacy with the Enlightened. Getting someone murdered because of us is something we should probably avoid.

When we next get points I would personally like us to get something a bit flashy and/or magical or put it into our main stats, but that's a decision for later.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #293 on: July 04, 2010, 06:53:37 pm »

I think the next stat upgrade should go into earth, what are your thoughts on it?

Maybe if we get two points one in earth and one in Presence of the Immortal?

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #294 on: July 04, 2010, 07:16:28 pm »

When we get earth we probably want lots of it, so that we don't have much to worry about if we get drugged, a 5 or 6 probably won't do much against most incapacitating effects. I am happy with regen and/or presence for now, but I would like to see us getting some unnatural speed, possibly the deluxe version with bullet time, and getting our stats out of the mortal range should probably be a priority...
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #295 on: July 04, 2010, 07:32:04 pm »

It seems that we get minor powers for high level stats so perhaps the best (although boring) option would to get all stats up to ten and than work on powers.

Silleh Boy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #296 on: July 04, 2010, 08:04:26 pm »

You rubbed at your chin briefly as you thought of the best course of action to carry out, as you considered what would be best for your safety and hers. You knew that they seemed to have found you while you slept, that made you wonder if their method of sensing immortals required the immortal in question to be sleeping. It made sense in a way, that in your sleep your mind would be unguarded and as such easier to locate.

You knew that there was more to worry about. Where you were going to get money from, what you were going to eat, how you were going to deal with this woman and explain her presence to other people. If you washed the eye painted on her forehead away, she'd look quite normal. That would at least give you some insurance against her getting you into trouble with the common folk.

She needed clothing though, something other than the tattered remains of her robe.

"For the time being, it may be wise for us to avoid sleeping in the same place twice, that means a lot of moving around to avoid them pinpointing our location." You paused, allowing her to take this in as she nodded slightly, her expression saying that she wasn't too happy with the idea. You weren't either, truth be told, but it was better than the alternative.

"We're going to need to get you some clothing, clean that mark off your forehead. We should check and see if there's any womens clothing here that would work for the time being." You continued, prompting another nod as she sighed. "I'll go look for a water source, so you can get changed in private if you find something."

A slight blush coloured her cheeks as she nodded again as you moved to take your boots from beside the bed. Your pistol was left atop the bedside table as you figured that if anybody came, they'd go after her and not yourself, that she'd need the weapon and you'd be fine without it.

It was a precaution that you knew was hardly likely to be needed, though it didn't stop you from taking it, for the sole fact that it made you feel better to do so, that you had at least provided her with a means of self defence while you were not present.

As you made your way downstairs, you took note of the state of disrepair of the building, of the fact the windows were broken and the door was rotten. Dust and debris coated the floor and much of what had been here had been taken when the original occupants had moved out. Stepping through the door had the run down and derelict area greet you once more, looking no better in the day than it had in the night.

You couldn't help but feel disheartened in a way to see that a place as big as London could have area's like this. Maybe it was an effect of the roaming abominations, maybe it was something else. Whatever it was, you had work to do.

You made your way from house to house as you checked around them, looking for rain barrels that hadn't been spoiled. It took some time to find one that was adequately suited, that had no leaves or dead insects floating in it, one that had been covered and undisturbed all this time. It was stagnant, but you only required it for cleaning off that mark. If it had been for drinking, you wouldn't have considered it.

A few quick twists had you wrench the guttering away from the wall, allowing you to move the barrel freely as you rocked it on its rim, tipping half of its contents out before dragging it toward the outside of the house you had come from.

Even in the warm morning light this place looked drab and dreary.

"Are you dressed?" You called out as you stepped back into the building. The tattered remains of the robe were thrown down the stairs in way of an answer. "Is that a yes or a no?" you called out again, an audiable and exasperated sigh coming in response. "Yes!" followed that sigh as she called out in response.

You could read expressions, body language and emotions but you couldn't read a woman.

You picked up the robe, placing it on the table as you moved it from the stairs, before heading up the stairs and back to the bedroom of this small house. You weren't sure what to expect knowing that there was likely little left over in this place, so when you found that she had aquired a simple dress and shoes from her searches you were pleasently suprised.

"I managed to locate a barrel of rain water that's at least clean enough to wash that mark off." You started, picking up your gunbelt, fastening it about your waist as you sat down on the edge of the bed. "I am considering paying your order a visit, seeing if I can at least find some terms that are acceptable that would prevent them from causing you harm. Until I figure a means of going about that however..." You trailed off, wondering just what was the best course of action.

What was your plan for the day, though. Were you going to take her to Red's, were you going to go investigating the city, or did you have a better idea?

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #297 on: July 04, 2010, 08:22:07 pm »

Go the reds and tell him frankly we don't have time to work today. Than find the order and talk to them.

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #298 on: July 04, 2010, 09:05:34 pm »

Go the reds and tell him frankly we don't have time to work today. Than find the order and talk to them.
From this thread, I learned that video cameras have a dangerosity of 60 kiloswords per second.  Thanks again, Mad Max.

sonerohi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #299 on: July 04, 2010, 09:24:54 pm »

I picked up the stone and carved my name into the wind.
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 93