_

_
- 0 (0%)
_
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: April 07, 2013, 10:34:35 am

Pages: 1 ... 1161 1162 [1163] 1164 1165 ... 2101

Author Topic: Einsteinian Roulette On ship Thread: Maurice's One Night Stand  (Read 5767122 times)

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
Re: Einsteinian Roulette:Feyri needs a hug.
« Reply #17430 on: September 11, 2013, 10:14:45 am »

hey flint, how resistant to gauss fire was this exosuit again?

await mission start
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #17431 on: September 11, 2013, 10:20:18 am »

"Just one final question. Will we and our equipment really stick out? I mean, say we come upon a group of enemy units. Will their first thought be something like 'Hey, who are those guys? We should check their identity or ask them who they are or something.' or will it be something like 'ENEMIES! ATTACK!'. Assuming we're not shooting them at the time and news of our attack haven't yet spread. And assuming everything goes well and team Joker completes its objectives without being detected."

Ask one final question to Steve. Thank him for doing this revolution and thus allowing me to do something to make the world better. Await mission start.

hey flint, how resistant to gauss fire was this exosuit again?
"Heh, that thing" said Flint patting the exosuit "was enough to stop civilian Gauss rifles. The escaped prisoners said they needed rockets to take one down. I guess it will offer you good protection against military Gauss rifles. It also offers good protection from explosions. Had a building explode while I was in it and survived both the explosion and the debris. Reasonable if you consider the environments the suit was designed to be used in: In tunnels with lots of falling rocks and explosions to blast the rock open."

"You could rip something apart and use it as a shield if you're really worried. That's what I did in my first mission. I heard there will be shipping containers in our gangway. You could rip the door from one of them and use it as a shield. Or you can buy a shield from the Armory Master."
« Last Edit: September 11, 2013, 10:29:03 am by Parisbre56 »

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #17432 on: September 11, 2013, 10:28:53 am »

NOMNOMPILL
You eat a pill made of nail clippings, gauss rounds and Xeno spit. Surely, SURELY nothing could go wrong here.

Blood pours from your mouth as enormous, ragged, sharp teeth burst from your gums, tearing the old teeth out as they go. Metallic scales form on your arms and legs and coat the limbs up until about the elbow and knee. And everything goes strange in your head. The world goes fuzzy and the briefing room keeps changing, sometimes full of people you recognize, sometimes empty, sometimes full, but of people you've never seen before. You stumble about,dizzy.

((My weapons.))

Examine gunpowder guns first then rest of weaponry after.
You've got a gunpowder based bolt action rifle. It holds 5 rounds and has 4 extra magazines. It looks something like an M1 Garand.

Then you have a katana, Stamped with Jim's Seal. So Asian.

Next, a Shotgun. Pilfered from Ivan, the cicada demon, who stole it from a civilian after the man shot him in the chest. It's got 5 shells left.

Lastly, a standard laser rifle. Unloaded and with no extra batteries.

All this is news to Stacy.

"Wait, we're fighting the United Worlds of Man? Since when? More importantly, why?"

Something occurs to him.

"How long was I out? What year is it? Is it the far future now? Did the stasis pod malfunction?"

Yet another idea suddenly strikes him.

"Ooh, is there, like, all kinds of new and cool tech around? Did they finally lift the ban on looking inside magic calculators?"

Ask more. Observe Xan, keep him in at least peripheral vision.

>Jim, Would you mind explaining things nice and slowly to our brain damaged friend here?

>How should I put this...There's not a lot of space to fuck up here, so if you don't think you can use it without causing a problem, don't use it. Don't think I won't perform summary executions if you prove yourself to be more of a danger to your teammates and our allies then our enemies.
"Okay, can do. Will stick to guns as much as possible. But the question still stands, I guess. I don't know how expendable those... "sods" are, and how desperate their commanders could get, but suicide tactics might still happen. What I'm asking is, if we're on the gangway and we have a ticking megaton bomb with no ready way to disarm it, or an equivalent problem, is it going to be a good idea to toss it overboard, or would it be better to take the slimmest available chance to defuse it anyway, risking detonation right next to, or on, the ship hull?"

Keep asking.
>Throwing it over the railing is probably the worst idea. Because it won't really get it that far from the ship or the cage holding it. If something like that happens and there's some time between it detonating and you finding it, then get someone with a rocket pack or a fast set of legs to run it as far as possible away. Hell, get the guy who can phase into the void to drag it in with him and leave it there. Something. If it's about to go off, radio the armory master. She'll handle it.

>How should I put this...There's not a lot of space to fuck up here, so if you don't think you can use it without causing a problem, don't use it. Don't think I won't perform summary executions if you prove yourself to be more of a danger to your teammates and our allies then our enemies.
"Okay, can do. Will stick to guns as much as possible. But the question still stands, I guess. I don't know how expendable those... "sods" are, and how desperate their commanders could get, but suicide tactics might still happen. What I'm asking is, if we're on the gangway and we have a ticking megaton bomb with no ready way to disarm it, or an equivalent problem, is it going to be a good idea to toss it overboard, or would it be better to take the slimmest available chance to defuse it anyway, risking detonation right next to, or on, the ship hull?"

Keep asking.
shake my head twice.
"Melt?"
Propose a possible answer to suicide bomb tactics involving using a microwave manipulator or amp to fry the bomb's electronics before it can detonate
((yes, PW gets a free pass on figuring out what Lyra is trying to say, he's busy with other things.))
That could work too. Nuclear bombs are rather easy to break, after all.

((So anybody want my sexy Medical Knife? The one that drives you slowly insane? ANYONE?))

STEPHEN HAWKING gently thrusts the knife towards other people, hoping someone will notice it.

Xan accepts sexy knife.
Not stabbing though.

[stephen will:6-1]
Stephen hands his knife to Xan. CLEARLY ANOTHER GREAT FUCKING IDEA.

[Xan will:4+1]

Everything is fine. For now.

after several moments, tilt my head to my right for three seconds, then stand up and circle around the edge of the room to stand beside steve's synthflesh body. squat down and poke him on his nearest leg with my right index finger two times, then look up at him and tilt my head to my left.
ask steve why he's bothering to present himself in a body at all, especially since he didn't find it necessary before now.

STEPHEN HAWKING gently thrusts the knife towards other people, hoping someone will notice it.
Avoid crazy knife-man.
Xan accepts sexy knife.
Not stabbing though.

correction: avoid both of them
Steve shrugs.
>Been a while since I've seen the ship through eyes other then the cameras. That and I figured that I could give you all a nice, face to face conversation, so to speak. Unfortunately I couldn't find a Paton uniform and a giant flag, so this is what you've got.

Give one token for sexy knife.
Yeah, yeah, money changes hands, weapons are traded etc.

>. Technically you're all supposed to be in stasis.
Grate raises his hand. If he gets called on, he asks:
"Why are we supposed to be in stasis?"

Gate squatted down by Lyra. "You okay?"
after several moments, tilt my head to my right for three seconds, then stand up and circle around the edge of the room to stand beside steve's synthflesh body. squat down and poke him on his nearest leg with my right index finger two times, then look up at him and tilt my head to my left.
Grate follows Lyra.
"Is that a yes?"

>Because you're criminals and being frozen and unconscious is a great way to prevent you from escaping or trying to escape. I mean by standard regulations you're supposed to be in stasis, so we're gonna keep up that facade until it's time to act with force. They're the trojans, we're the greeks, alright?

"Good, good. Cover is nice. I assume wounded can be dragged off to the medbay, or will they be sealed up?"

More questions!

>If you get maimed or semi-deaded yeah, we can bring you in to get you stabilized. But don't use this as an excuse to do something stupid, please.

Lars is still standing stock still, his eyes bugged out, his mouth hanging open.  Finally, he blinks a couple times, then closes his mouth.  It snaps back open.

"BLESSED ARE WE ALL!  THE HOLY AVATAR OF STEVE HAS JOINED US IN THE FLESH!  TRULY TODAY IS A GLORIOUS DAY!  ALL HAIL HIS TREMENDOUS SPIRITUAL PRESENCE!"

Lars throws himself on the ground and smashes his face into the metal floor a few times.  Still face down, he addresses Steve.  "Most Glorious Steve, we sing your praises for this most wonderful honor, for which we are greatly unworthy!  I am most honored to undertake this task in your most holy name!  All praise be to our all-mighty leader!"

Scream praises.  Prostrate self.  Grovel before Steve.

Steve hops off the Holoprojector and grabs you by the shoulder, easily pulling you up onto your feet with one hand.

>As much as the praise and groveling is appreciated, we'll have time for that later. For now, I need you focused on your work. And He looks at the picture you're holding Try to tone down the package a bit. Never did understand the fascination with the male reproductive organ's size. Regardless, lets try to keep things proportional, at the very least.

He pats your shoulder and then goes to sit on the holoprojector again.

"Just one final question. Will we and our equipment really stick out? I mean, say we come upon a group of enemy units. Will their first thought be something like 'Hey, who are those guys? We should check their identity or ask them who they are or something.' or will it be something like 'ENEMIES! ATTACK!'. Assuming we're not shooting them at the time and news of our attack haven't yet spread. And assuming everything goes well and team Joker completes its objectives without being detected."

Ask one final question to Steve. Thank him for doing this revolution and thus allowing me to do something to make the world better. Await mission start.

>Good question. It depends on the level of control the Commanders are asserting on their Sods. I expect that those sods without direct orders will continue a pattern of "guard this area" which means they'll attack or at least harass anyone who enters a specific point, unless they have identification that lets them in. So you could hypothetically walk right past them as long as you don't trespass on their patrol zone. However, if they are in contact with their controller, they'll probably shoot you on site.  We can't really disguise the group well enough to pass them off as sods and the fact that you're carrying weapons will show you're not crew. Better to just go in fully loaded then try to hide behind a disguise that will fail rather quickly.

>Any more questions? If not, Joker team, head to the armory master and get geared up.  Jimiya team, Work out your plan for getting where you need to go and then report to the armory master for your mission fund. Everyone else, coordinate as best you can then see the armory master for your Mission fund as well.

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17433 on: September 11, 2013, 10:36:07 am »

Just one quickie.  If someone surrenders, is there head money for prisoners?

((Oh, and Piecewise, have you ever heard of Steve the Avatar?))
« Last Edit: September 11, 2013, 10:43:42 am by Devastator »

Patrick Hunt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17434 on: September 11, 2013, 10:36:44 am »

Hunter prepares a vial of blood and walks up to Stacy.

"I have the blood, pills please."

Go to the VR and activate virtual doc, have it do a full medical scan on me right down to the sub atomic level to get a report on all the cool things my mutant body can do.[/i]"

(( Basically a report telling me what stats are stronger or weaker and anything cool I can do like shooting lightning. ))
Caine's law.
And so, here at the end of days, you are as you’ve always been. Willing to die. Not willing to quit.

Vengeance is mine saith the Lord but this morning. He's going to fucking well have to share.

Is she worth it, would you burn the city to save her? For her, I'd burn the world.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #17435 on: September 11, 2013, 10:39:00 am »

Gaarguablag. Who the fug are you pinkhippo? Must need more pills.

Attempt to aquire more pills.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #17436 on: September 11, 2013, 10:39:52 am »

pester Steve for help with hard point targeting then skedaddle before Xan goes nuts.

Ask armory master if she has some nice resilient backpacks capable of carrying blown up teammates without spilling them everywhere after being shot a few times.
also mission funds.

((Hey tavik, ill sell you my laser batteries for a token each, buy 2 get 1 free or buy 3 get 2 free.))
« Last Edit: September 12, 2013, 07:14:14 am by Unholy_Pariah »
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #17437 on: September 11, 2013, 10:54:10 am »

Attempt to acquire more pills.
((Clearly another great idea.

Also, interesting to see the effects of Xeno spit. I should really research what it is once we fix our ship's internet.))

Go do what I'm supposed to be doing. Am I supposed to go to the Armory? If so, do that.

Also, check if I can combine normal vision, heat vision and x-ray vision or, since I have multiple monitors inside the battlesuit, if it would be possible to have one vision mode to each screen.
((I'm thinking I could use normal vision to navigate, heat vision to find people and x-ray to see whether or not they're carrying weapons.))

Finally, do I have cameras at the end of my fingers like the robots? If I don't, see if I can get two small cameras from the AM for free and attach them to the end of my index fingers. If I do (or I manage to get them for free from the AM), see if I can put the index finger cameras on another screen. ((I'm thinking I could use my fingers to safely check around corners.))
« Last Edit: September 12, 2013, 05:51:50 am by Parisbre56 »

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17438 on: September 11, 2013, 11:07:05 am »

NOMNOMPILL
You eat a pill made of nail clippings, gauss rounds and Xeno spit. Surely, SURELY nothing could go wrong here.

Blood pours from your mouth as enormous, ragged, sharp teeth burst from your gums, tearing the old teeth out as they go. Metallic scales form on your arms and legs and coat the limbs up until about the elbow and knee. And everything goes strange in your head. The world goes fuzzy and the briefing room keeps changing, sometimes full of people you recognize, sometimes empty, sometimes full, but of people you've never seen before. You stumble about,dizzy.
"Um..." Grate starts making plans. He wonders if he could find his pill machine in the VR machine.

>Because you're criminals and being frozen and unconscious is a great way to prevent you from escaping or trying to escape. I mean by standard regulations you're supposed to be in stasis, so we're gonna keep up that facade until it's time to act with force. They're the trojans, we're the greeks, alright?
"Oh, yeah." Most of the people here, or at least most who Grate knew well, were too nice for him to think that they were criminals. Mister Jim, Miss Feyri, Lyra...
Looking around the room, he decided that he just knew an aberrant section of the HMRC population.

>Any more questions? If not, Joker team, head to the armory master and get geared up.  Jimiya team, Work out your plan for getting where you need to go and then report to the armory master for your mission fund. Everyone else, coordinate as best you can then see the armory master for your Mission fund as well.
Grate goes to the Armory Master.
"Mrs. Armory Master, how much mission fund do I have?"

Attempt to acquire more pills.
((Clearly another great idea.))
((I kinda hope that Xan never realizes that Grate has the pill-making machine.))
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #17439 on: September 11, 2013, 11:11:07 am »

"Hey, I'm not brain damaged! Well, as far as I know, anyway. Still, Steve, why are we fighting the UWM, anyway?"

Ask Steve, accept blood from Lightning Dragon Viperfish if he somehow manages to give me some.

Stacy looks over at Xan, who appears extremely confused and rather intensely transformed.

"So it is an alchemy machine! Oh, joyous day! Sorry 'bout the Xeno Spit, Xan. I'll help you in a moment."

Dance away from Xan - approach Grate.

"Hey, Grate, could I have that thing I gave you? And perhaps a lock of your hair if you feel like giving some?  I have an idea, and I suspect it might be magical!"

Ask.

((I have an idea - anybody feel like giving up a kinetic amp stamp? I might chuck it into the machine together with a gauss round, see what that does.))

Patrick Hunt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17440 on: September 11, 2013, 11:19:36 am »

(( Can you tell me you don't have the pill machine please lol. I wanna go ask Grate but I can't until you tell me you gave it away. Since I just asked you for my pills. ))
Caine's law.
And so, here at the end of days, you are as you’ve always been. Willing to die. Not willing to quit.

Vengeance is mine saith the Lord but this morning. He's going to fucking well have to share.

Is she worth it, would you burn the city to save her? For her, I'd burn the world.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17441 on: September 11, 2013, 11:22:55 am »

(( Can you tell me you don't have the pill machine please lol. I wanna go ask Grate but I can't until you tell me you gave it away. Since I just asked you for my pills. ))

As if urged on by an invisible force penetrating his viciously oblivious mind, the busy Stacy swivels around gracefully, addressing LDVF quickly.

"I'll have a pill for you soon, see me in about fifteen minutes, eh?"

Tavik Toth

• Bay Watcher
  • Oh dear....
    • View Profile
« Reply #17442 on: September 11, 2013, 11:23:58 am »

Head to AM.

"Where would the best place for me be if I used my bolt action rifle?"

Patrick Hunt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17443 on: September 11, 2013, 11:30:06 am »

"Can you bring it to the VR room, I need to do some tests. You might want the results as well.
Caine's law.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17444 on: September 11, 2013, 11:54:21 am »

"Can you bring it to the VR room, I need to do some tests. You might want the results as well.

"Yes! Of course! Just wait in the rec room and your pills will reach you in due time!"
Pages: 1 ... 1161 1162 [1163] 1164 1165 ... 2101