Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Should freshly entering mages be given +10/+10 worth of random essences?

Yes
- 19 (46.3%)
No
- 9 (22%)
It should be more than that
- 6 (14.6%)
It should be less than that
- 7 (17.1%)

Total Members Voted: 41

Pages: 1 ... 108 109 [110] 111 112 ... 506

Author Topic: Roll to Magic: Turn 268 The finish line  (Read 1184162 times)

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Magic: Turn 81 Greed and fall
« Reply #1635 on: May 11, 2015, 08:45:44 am »

"... I don't like where this is going. And as for why I appeared: the crystal. All of our family members have a soulbound crystal that records the events of their death and then returns to the designated mage. In No's case, that was me. Let me assure you that your deaths will be as painful as possible, as painful as my nephew's death."
You really shouldn't have told everyone that you were out to kill us. I learned that lesson recently.

"Hmm. It would be very stupid to let him go off on his own, and it would be wrong to kill him. Another family member would probably spawn in seeking revenge if we did. Maybe we should take him as a prisoner of war..."
"I could put him under a geas."
Seriously, ATHATH, we need to have an intervention about your death mug problem.
*slow clap* Well ATHATH congratulations. You managed to give the MC a mental breakdown before we even finished the first arc.
I didn't even read it first, I just saw it was ATHATH and noped it. Now that I read it x3 to noping

DreamerGhost

• Bay Watcher
  • Seems legitimate.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1636 on: May 11, 2015, 10:21:26 am »

Dice were rolled, and decided that James summoned a bunch of sand, and swore only out of surprise.

Since poll results seemed rather one-sided, there is a new poll now.
The point of keeping the golems on fire isn't for the value of fire as a weapon. It's more to keep the golems functioning at a reasonable speed.
It was never a promise. It was a dirty lie, and you all knew that. You should all know by now that you can't trust a word I say.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1637 on: May 11, 2015, 01:23:28 pm »

((Suffice it to say that his affinity would pretty much let him ignore such a geas.))

"It is understandable. I have great powers however, and I think it is manageable."
Generic Arms Race.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1638 on: May 11, 2015, 02:35:43 pm »

"A second threat? This man clearly harbors a hate for us that will only fester if he is allowed to live. We should kill him. I do understand if you do not wish ro participate in such an act, James. As for the soul bound crystal calling for another of his family, I believe I can stop that."
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1639 on: May 11, 2015, 04:30:14 pm »

"Trying that will likely get you killed. Besides, I left a letter in Null's room just in case my crystal somehow failed."
Generic Arms Race.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

DreamerGhost

• Bay Watcher
  • Seems legitimate.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1640 on: May 11, 2015, 04:58:28 pm »

*Meanwhile, within the tower of Nevermore clan.*

Great fire raged, burning through stacks of ancient tomes, only to be extinguished by a stream of acid. A man of pure energy was dueling against Null, loosing badly but refusing to give up. Giving up on physical attacks, he attempted to attack Nulls' mind directly. The attempt failed, and Null responded with a strike of lightning. It whirred around the energy man, deflected by invisible shield, and struck Nulls favorite table within which he kept all important documents concerning the clan. Paper and wood were incinerated instantly. "Oh well", Null thought," I learned to keep anything important away from places where duels happen". Even though it was the table which he used almost every day to deal with all manner of bureaucracy, sometimes even important things, like new forms of magic, anything he kept there had backups elsewhere. That 'copy writing' spell was incredibly helpful. Still, he kept the table here because it was convenient, and making him to go through the trouble of hauling another table here was an insult he would not forgive. With new ferocity, Null charged at energy mage, his enchanted sword in hand, completely ignorant to a letter one of his clan now burning to ashes on the remains of the table.
The point of keeping the golems on fire isn't for the value of fire as a weapon. It's more to keep the golems functioning at a reasonable speed.
It was never a promise. It was a dirty lie, and you all knew that. You should all know by now that you can't trust a word I say.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1641 on: May 11, 2015, 05:18:02 pm »

((I think that means no more legacy characters for you. :P))
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1642 on: May 11, 2015, 07:30:09 pm »

((Dude. The letter was at Null's bedroom, not his office/library. When you see a letter with the name of your third-in-command on it on your pillow, you typically read it immediately. Null isn't devoid of common sense. Nor is None.))
Generic Arms Race.

XXXXYYYY

• Bay Watcher
  • Been a long time.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1643 on: May 11, 2015, 07:32:29 pm »

((Dude. The letter was at Null's bedroom, not his office/library. When you see a letter with the name of your third-in-command on it on your pillow, you typically read it immediately. Null isn't devoid of common sense.))
((That was the GM. That was not a player making up a story about why you should stop this. That was a polite request for you to stop dressed up in a fancy way of saying it, and it is backed up by an implicit threat. Do not displease the GM, for he will screw you over. He can and will force you out of the game if he has to.))
« Last Edit: May 11, 2015, 07:34:56 pm by XXXXYYYY »
Oooooooo. I know. ClF3. That should be a fun surprise.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1644 on: May 11, 2015, 07:33:49 pm »

((I suppose so. After None dies, I'm probably going to wait ten turns or so before sending in another Nevermore, likely because his crystal will be destroyed by some unknown force and it would take a while for the others to realize he's gone and attempt to track him.))

Edit: ((If None dies, that is. Although it's likely, who knows? Perhaps my imaginative affinity will be enough to let me win.))
« Last Edit: May 11, 2015, 07:36:39 pm by FallacyofUrist »
Generic Arms Race.

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1645 on: May 11, 2015, 08:24:39 pm »

my imaginative affinity
Aha!

If that isn't it, is your affinity crystals?
Seriously, ATHATH, we need to have an intervention about your death mug problem.
*slow clap* Well ATHATH congratulations. You managed to give the MC a mental breakdown before we even finished the first arc.
I didn't even read it first, I just saw it was ATHATH and noped it. Now that I read it x3 to noping

XXXXYYYY

• Bay Watcher
  • Been a long time.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1646 on: May 11, 2015, 08:49:42 pm »

my imaginative affinity
Aha!

If that isn't it, is your affinity crystals?
I think he was referring to how he was imaginative in coming up with it, not that his affinity was "imagination".
Oooooooo. I know. ClF3. That should be a fun surprise.

endlessblaze

• Bay Watcher
  • likes dragons for their fiery breath
    • View Profile
« Reply #1647 on: May 12, 2015, 06:50:51 am »

another three essences
Kids make great meat shields.
I nominate endlessblaze as our chief military executive!

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1648 on: May 12, 2015, 06:52:15 am »

((Good ideas, both, but No.))
Generic Arms Race.

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1649 on: May 12, 2015, 12:32:00 pm »

((Good ideas, both, but No.))
Wait.

Is your affinity anti-magic?
Pages: 1 ... 108 109 [110] 111 112 ... 506