Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 107

Author Topic: Prison Architect - Version 2.0 Release | It's over! *weeping*  (Read 237391 times)

ScriptWolf

• Bay Watcher
  • You can't spell slaughter without laughter!
    • View Profile
Re: Prison Architect
« Reply #90 on: September 26, 2012, 12:00:15 pm »

This game is bloody fun.

The first mission is... dark. Somehow. That art style somehow manages to be cartoony and gritty at the same time.

this, im really enjoying it.

but if you decided to put showers in your pit of hell remember to put drains.

also i have piped water to the 1 toilet for the 16 prisoners, do i need to pump the water back out ?
He must be running 3.5 abacuses of RAM

Scelly9

• Bay Watcher
  • That crazy long-haired queer liberal communist
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: September 26, 2012, 12:14:40 pm »

I can't figure out the pipe system. My toilet says it still needs water, but I have pipes hooked up.
You taste the jug! It is ceramic.
Quote from: Loud Whispers
SUPPORT THE COMMUNIST GAY MOVEMENT!

hemmingjay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: September 26, 2012, 12:22:14 pm »

OK, I have a couple of hours logged now and want to offer a preliminary impression.
The game is a prison building/management sim. I have yet to encounter anything "dwarfy", no riots, no psycho behavior, etc. The game is very good for an alpha and a lot of the systems seem to be in place and working. There are some minor oddities on occasion, such as needing to use large pipes instead of small for no real reason or explanation. Some of the systems need better descriptions as well. The building is mildly awkward for a little while but you will get to understand it after some tweaking. You are issued a serious of contracts/grants that require you to build systems, etc.

The game is going to be great and I am happy to be able to be a part of the progression. I have submitted the only bug I have found so far and will continue to try to help. I am looking forward to anything "fun!" that may be coming.
Only a simple mind can be certain.

Scelly9

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: September 26, 2012, 12:23:35 pm »

Do you know how water works? This game appears to hate me.

ScriptWolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: September 26, 2012, 12:35:36 pm »

im not sure on water, but i seem to keep running out of money after i get 1 sort of largish holding cell, kitchen and then a canteen then after i get power room and water room up thats it im out of cash >,<

hemmingjay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: September 26, 2012, 12:41:36 pm »

Water need a pump with large pipes running from it. Then use small pipes off the large ones to connect to fixtures.

As for running out of money, in the bottom right hand corner is a REPORTS folder. Click on one of the assignments(the one for $40,000 aligns with what you need to do anyway) and it gives you the cash so you can build the stuff.

ScriptWolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: September 26, 2012, 12:45:32 pm »

Water need a pump with large pipes running from it. Then use small pipes off the large ones to connect to fixtures.

As for running out of money, in the bottom right hand corner is a REPORTS folder. Click on one of the assignments(the one for $40,000 aligns with what you need to do anyway) and it gives you the cash so you can build the stuff.

damn it >,< i missed that thanks hemming haha

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: September 26, 2012, 12:48:40 pm »

When in doubt, read everything.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

lordcooper

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a number!
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: September 26, 2012, 01:53:47 pm »

also i have piped water to the 1 toilet for the 16 prisoners, do i need to pump the water back out ?

Nope!

I can't figure out the pipe system. My toilet says it still needs water, but I have pipes hooked up.

You need a small pipe on the same tile as the toilet.

Santorum leaves a bad taste in my mouth

Brons

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: September 26, 2012, 02:14:36 pm »

The large pipes transport the water through your prison (and I think they can't rund under walls) and the small pipes send the water to the objects that need water.

Dohon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: September 26, 2012, 02:20:31 pm »

Goddamnit, this game looks so darn amazing. Lack of money, why do you torment me so? :(
Quote from: Lolfail0009
Quote from: GuesssWho
Also, why is there a stray hen having a tantrum?
CLUCK CLUCK MOTHERF***ER

Scelly9

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: September 26, 2012, 02:28:13 pm »

You need a small pipe on the same tile as the toilet.
Oh. God dammit.

Catastrophic lolcats

• Bay Watcher
  • [FORTRESSDESTROYER:2]
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: September 26, 2012, 03:07:15 pm »

All this talk about pipes got me wondering if prisoners can escape through the larger ones Shawshank Redemption style. It would be interesting to have every prison have a possible security flaw. I suppose it's a bit out of the scope of what the game is aiming for though.

Brons

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: September 26, 2012, 03:34:52 pm »

This game is hard. My prisoners start rioting all the time and their main complaint is that they're bored. Not sure how to fix that. Also, building enough cells is expensive.

hemmingjay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: September 26, 2012, 04:03:28 pm »

Boredom is alleviated by scheduling more time in the yard or common rooms. See the clipboard in bottom right for that. Also, until you can station guards and set up patrols, escapes and riots will be expected. Make sure to keep your kitchen separated from your prisoners. I make it so that the kitchen can only be accessed from outside and the canteen only from the inside. Once they get hold of a knife from your kitchen things get bad since your guards are slow and stupid. Also, make sure you have lots of prison doors/gates between your cells and the outside. Another tip is don't put connect new construction to existing construction until it is finished, otherwise workers coming and going allow prisoners to slip out the doors/gates.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 107