Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 79 80 [81] 82 83 ... 107

Author Topic: Prison Architect - Version 2.0 Release | It's over! *weeping*  (Read 237177 times)

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
Re: Prison HYPHEN Architect (v. a31) - DEATH ROW! and stuff
« Reply #1200 on: March 30, 2015, 02:01:03 pm »

Though, it might be harder to tell the difference once they create the super awesome Virtual MMO, modern job simulator edition that everyone will be clocking in for after work/school.
That sounds like fun, getting people to do data entry for 4 hours a day after they're done working, at a subscription of course.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1201 on: March 30, 2015, 02:16:31 pm »

Though, it might be harder to tell the difference once they create the super awesome Virtual MMO, modern job simulator edition that everyone will be clocking in for after work/school.
That sounds like fun, getting people to do data entry for 4 hours a day after they're done working, at a subscription of course.

Red Stapler DLC only $999.99.

dennislp3

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1202 on: March 30, 2015, 03:14:02 pm »

Were these complaints also levied at DF after mermaid bones were modified so that mermaid genocide machines were less profitable?

I don't understand all the vitriol about the devs being somber about something that is, to be honest, pretty damn serious and topical. It's not like the game has been negatively affected, so why harrumph over a few moments of silence/vigil in a dev video?

Mostly because it feels/seems fake and misplaced...which is annoying to me. My original complaint was simply that I felt it was excessive and silly to add 8 steps or whatever it is to the death penalty process just to try and make you feel bad or whatever the goal was...its stupid and 99% of people will just click through it without a thought...if they think so negative and strong about it they will just never use it...because it is a hidden little feature that doesn't show up in the build menu as to offend people

Scripten

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1203 on: March 30, 2015, 04:22:25 pm »

Were these complaints also levied at DF after mermaid bones were modified so that mermaid genocide machines were less profitable?

I don't understand all the vitriol about the devs being somber about something that is, to be honest, pretty damn serious and topical. It's not like the game has been negatively affected, so why harrumph over a few moments of silence/vigil in a dev video?

Mostly because it feels/seems fake and misplaced...which is annoying to me. My original complaint was simply that I felt it was excessive and silly to add 8 steps or whatever it is to the death penalty process just to try and make you feel bad or whatever the goal was...its stupid and 99% of people will just click through it without a thought...if they think so negative and strong about it they will just never use it...because it is a hidden little feature that doesn't show up in the build menu as to offend people

Eh, I guess? Institutionalized death is kind of a big deal in real life, so adding bureaucracy seems appropriate to me, game wise. I wasn't too worried about the dev log, but eh, whatevs. Carry on. :)

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #1204 on: May 01, 2015, 10:21:47 am »

Alpha 23 here.

It was a bug bash, mostly. Deathrow got a couple QOL tweaks. The game is going to fully release Q4 2015.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Tobel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Tobel Plays Youtube
Re: Prison Architect (v. a33) - Now with 20% softer mattresses
« Reply #1205 on: May 28, 2015, 09:54:48 am »

D-d-d-d-d-drop the patch. Alpha 33.

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1206 on: May 28, 2015, 10:43:45 am »

You can now make luxurious cells. Huzzah! They can even get mail delivery.

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1207 on: May 28, 2015, 11:02:22 am »

You can now make luxurious cells. Huzzah! They can even get mail delivery.
This just makes me want gangs more.

Though I understand why they're adding mostly small tweaks and things like the post office, since that doesn't require dedicating the whole month to one probably-buggy thing.
« Last Edit: May 28, 2015, 11:05:02 am by Graknorke »
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1208 on: May 28, 2015, 11:26:52 am »

Gang Leader: Why no, mister guard. I have no control over my lackeys. They do what they please and I am in no way responsible. Now then, about my accommodations. I've been good for the past month. My cell is feeling a bit cramped.

Tobel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Tobel Plays Youtube
« Reply #1209 on: May 28, 2015, 12:28:17 pm »

I still really want another z level, or the option to just build  'two story' cell block. A lot/most US Federal Prisons use that design. I imagine they'd have to rewrite too much for another z level though.

Karlito

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1210 on: May 28, 2015, 03:18:59 pm »

So we've got some feedback loops introduced in this one. Misbehaving prisoners will get a lower security score and shittier cells leading them to misbehave more, but if you can set them on the straight and narrow then the same systems will work to make them calmer.

I think the thing I like most is the information we're getting about how well behaved each prisoner is, which will help in manually assigning security levels.
This sentence contains exactly threee erors.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1211 on: May 28, 2015, 03:58:13 pm »

This game is kind of interesting in that it is kind of like a reverse Tropico

In that you have to unlock the ability to be a scum bag.

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1212 on: May 28, 2015, 04:03:22 pm »

Prison Architect gives you more incentives to be a scumbag if you just want to sit back and let it run.
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation

Kruniac

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1213 on: May 28, 2015, 05:14:49 pm »

So we've got some feedback loops introduced in this one. Misbehaving prisoners will get a lower security score and shittier cells leading them to misbehave more, but if you can set them on the straight and narrow then the same systems will work to make them calmer.

I think the thing I like most is the information we're getting about how well behaved each prisoner is, which will help in manually assigning security levels.

Misbehaving prisoners in my prison get solitary. Then executed. I don't fuck around with scum.

The hilarious thing is that my well behaved prisoners get pampered. I make sure they have showers and everything.

Silent_Thunder

• Bay Watcher
  • World Heavyweight Champion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1214 on: May 28, 2015, 07:43:43 pm »

Misbehaving prisoners in my prison get solitary. Then executed. I don't fuck around with scum.

The hilarious thing is that my well behaved prisoners get pampered. I make sure they have showers and everything.

You say hilarious I say, an accurate representation of the state of the US prison industry, just replace executed with "shoved in the SHU for 23 hours a day for the rest of their prison term".

Which is totally what I do with my supermax dickbags to be fair. The only exit to the SHU in my prisons is a long corridor with a pair of armed guards stationed. Because they keep roid raging and tearing the doors down.
Pages: 1 ... 79 80 [81] 82 83 ... 107