Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6

Author Topic: BoF - GREEN TEAM  (Read 3790 times)

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
  • Pale Blue Dot
    • View Profile
    • Forum Game Portfolio
BoF - GREEN TEAM
« on: May 15, 2018, 01:57:48 pm »

BLUE TEAM NOT ALLOWED!

Game Thread

Objective 1: Design starting area.
You are to design the 3×3 starting area. An open space you can divide with walls, doors, and half walls, or leave parts open.

Have the captain post the design in a spoiler in the game thread.

Others should post where on this grid they will start.

A1 B1 C1
A2 B2 C2
A3 B3 C3

Coordinates will change in the final map. Multiple (or all) can start in the same place. The map will slowly shrink as fire consumes it. A space will change from normal to smoke to fire. Flee smoke spaces immediately or die.

The map will be 8×8, initially. A random side will burn away every 3 turns. But the map will stay roughly square.

You have 12 hours to complete this objective.
Awesome With Autism
Sometimes my emotions are like a stream: steady and directed. Others they are like a whirlpool: I lose myself in the spiral.

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: BoF - GREEN TEAM
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2018, 04:03:04 pm »

So, umm, the map shrinks. Taking the centre and holding it seems like one plan. We could just bundle up in the centre and try for a defensive position. There may be splash weapons, so having a quick exit to get out might be wise. Half-walls block shooting but not moving, which seems odd to me, but is what it is. We could make a corner of half-walls in the middle, stand on them and step back if we take fire? I figure that a maze is the worst option. being forced to move out one-at-a-time seems like a bad thing.
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

Screech9791

• Bay Watcher
  • quit
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2018, 04:10:23 pm »

GN3 reporting in.

I say A1, C1, and C3 become walls, B1 and C2 become doors, and the rest is up to the other Green Operatives.

Question: Can you shoot over halfwalls if you're up next to them? I'm assuming they work as cover.
it's over

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2018, 04:45:14 pm »

Well it says that you can't be hurt by anything on the other side of the half. So I am assuming that an all-half map would be a melee playground where ranged combat doesn't exist.

Then again, the rules also imply that explosives can destroy "a wall, door, half wall, or nothing at all" so there may be some room for interpretation.

I am honestly tempted to just make our whole zone halfs so we can hide in there if the outside world gets too splash-happy.
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Read the First Post!

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
  • Pale Blue Dot
    • View Profile
    • Forum Game Portfolio
« Reply #4 on: May 15, 2018, 05:05:17 pm »

*Half wall protection is limited to those next to them.
Awesome With Autism
Sometimes my emotions are like a stream: steady and directed. Others they are like a whirlpool: I lose myself in the spiral.

Screech9791

• Bay Watcher
  • quit
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 15, 2018, 07:55:52 pm »

So A2, B1, B3, and C2 are now half walls, and A1, A3, C1, and C3 are now regular walls.
it's over

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 15, 2018, 08:14:20 pm »

I would rather not. That way there are only two ways out, and we have 4 members, and all the exists have the same tile behind them, so retreating would be- Oh, I think I mistakenly believed that there was only one player per tile? I guess if we can all sit on one tile then we can do that. It would expose us to bombs going off in our single tile, but they would have to get next to our base to do that, or blow up our half-wall, which is actually sounding quite scary at this point...

Would you mind sharing why you think that walls are a good idea? I am not disputing it, I just find myself ignorant of them having any value, other than to block some weakness of our position? I could understand one at, umm, oh yeah, we don't know which corner is the middle of the map and which is the outside... If we want a wall on the inside corner then we need one at every corner...

Meh, it is not a terrible plan. I do worry what happens when they explode the nearest half-wall, but it is certainly viable.

Can we hear from any of the other members of Grin Gang?
Read the First Post!

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 16, 2018, 01:53:58 am »

So A2, B1, B3, and C2 are now half walls, and A1, A3, C1, and C3 are now regular walls.
Yeah, let's go with this. I think we are supposed to post this as a spoiler to the main thread? But the other team hasn't? Were we P.M.ing this? We have a consensus here anyway... Well, 50% consensus but it is also 100%...
Read the First Post!

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
  • Pale Blue Dot
    • View Profile
    • Forum Game Portfolio
« Reply #8 on: May 16, 2018, 02:47:22 am »

TIME 045
ENMY 004
GN1: 100
GN2: 100
GN3: 100
GN4: 100

Objective 2: Eliminate the blue team! Begin!
« Last Edit: May 16, 2018, 03:07:04 am by roseheart »
Awesome With Autism

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 16, 2018, 04:18:25 am »

Hmm, 2 machine guns, that's enough to get a few to half. A flamer that could knock them to kill-range quickly if they expose themselves, but will they? And would we want to hold back and ask the flamer to sacrifice themselves?
And a rifle that smells like scouting...
I advise the flamer to ignite their passions burner. I can't see much that would make it worth missing a turn in combat.
There is also the matter of scouting for loot.
The dispassionate approach is to send the flamer off alone and the rest group up.
Then again, the flamer acts as encouragement for others to flee, which would be a good thing...
Anyway, Imma head north?

The E. nearest, umm, shop I guess, is to the east, but we have no moneys?
« Last Edit: May 16, 2018, 04:20:37 am by RAM »
Read the First Post!

Screech9791

• Bay Watcher
  • quit
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 16, 2018, 06:53:56 am »

A flamethrower, medkit, and a C4. I'll prepare the flamethrower and see how I can make this work.
it's over

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
  • Pale Blue Dot
    • View Profile
    • Forum Game Portfolio
« Reply #11 on: May 16, 2018, 12:24:39 pm »

Please be sure not to actually look at your teammate's spoilers.

Actions must be submitted in the game thread.
« Last Edit: May 16, 2018, 01:56:23 pm by roseheart »
Awesome With Autism

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
  • Pale Blue Dot
    • View Profile
    • Forum Game Portfolio
« Reply #12 on: May 16, 2018, 01:59:10 pm »

TIME 044
ENMY 004
Awesome With Autism

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 16, 2018, 04:04:00 pm »

I guess I'll keep going north. Any objection to blowing a hole through the wall to our north? I am drowning I C4 so it is no loss unless we can sell the stuff...
Read the First Post!

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
  • Pale Blue Dot
    • View Profile
    • Forum Game Portfolio
« Reply #14 on: May 17, 2018, 02:24:04 am »

TIME 043
ENMY 004
Awesome With Autism
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6