Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 18

Author Topic: Fallout 76  (Read 33577 times)

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
Re: Fallout 76
« Reply #30 on: June 02, 2018, 07:27:48 am »

I mean. 25 years after the bomb is pretty much exactly what F3 and 4 feels like, atmosphere-wise, with its nearly unlooted stores and uneaten cereal and burmington steaks and what not. So it's probably gonna be exactly like that.
Love, scriver~

jocan2003

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 02, 2018, 03:26:40 pm »

Well i must have missed a couple annoncement.... i didnt know they canceled fallout 5 to 75....
Quote from: LoSboccacc
that was a luky dwarf. I had one dabbling surgeon fail so spectacularly that the patient skull flew a tile away from the table.
Quote from: NW_Kohaku
DF doesn't mold players into its image - DF merely selects those who were always ready for DF.
Quote from: Girlinhat
Minecraft UI is very simple. There's only so many ways you can implement "simple" without copying something. We also gonna complain that it uses WASD?

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 02, 2018, 03:58:24 pm »

Well i must have missed a couple annoncement.... i didnt know they canceled fallout 5 to 75....
I've now heard this joke more times than Preston's told me another settlement needs my help.
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • got it all worked out, don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 02, 2018, 04:00:37 pm »

maybe its an overwatch crossover

Man of Paper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: June 02, 2018, 04:29:46 pm »

I feel like as long as it doesn't take away from Bethesda providing quality single player content then I don't care what kind of -like it is. Sometimes companies get bit by the online and microtransaction bug and forget where they came from. Fucking looking right at you, Rockstar.

Whether or not i play it depends on what info we learn, but there's going to be no salt or vitriol from me unless it impacts their development of, say, anything that isn't a remaster.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • got it all worked out, don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: June 02, 2018, 04:59:45 pm »

...Not a massive fan of Beth's singleplayer content anyway, so maybe if this is a multiplayer thing it'll at least be entertainingly different from their usual thing.
Too bad they're not giving it to Obsidian again...

Retropunch

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: June 03, 2018, 05:21:37 am »

I feel like as long as it doesn't take away from Bethesda providing quality single player content then I don't care what kind of -like it is. Sometimes companies get bit by the online and microtransaction bug and forget where they came from. Fucking looking right at you, Rockstar.

Whether or not i play it depends on what info we learn, but there's going to be no salt or vitriol from me unless it impacts their development of, say, anything that isn't a remaster.

I agree to a point, but if it crashes hard, they're likely to want to put Fallout on the back burner for a bit so people can forget about it.

My thought is though that they've got ESO as the persistent elder scrolls thing, and they want to do a similar persistent Fallout thing so that their main IPs are covered for anyone who wants a fix. That'll give them more time to dedicate to their new IP that they've been talking about. So we probably wouldn't be seeing a new ES or FO game for a long time anyway.

I just hope that they do a full engine overhaul for their single player games at some point - fallout 4 was really starting to show its age graphically - especially in terms of NPC modelling.

With enough work and polish, it could have been a forgettable flash game on Kongregate.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: June 03, 2018, 10:48:17 am »

...Not a massive fan of Beth's singleplayer content anyway, so maybe if this is a multiplayer thing it'll at least be entertainingly different from their usual thing.

I'm still holding out for Avelone being on Beth for some other reason than to make shooters or mmos...
Love, scriver~

Urist McScoopbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • Damnit Scoopz!
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: June 04, 2018, 02:39:09 pm »

So you don't like ANY Bethesda game?

Anyways, I'm not getting my hopes up, nothing about FO76 seems that promising or original honestly.
This conversation is getting disturbing fast, disturbingly erotic.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: June 04, 2018, 02:46:43 pm »

I do find it kind of funny that Bethesda is taking preorders already for Fallout 76 even though they won't come out and say what it actually is yet.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Telgin

• Bay Watcher
  • Professional Programmer
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: June 04, 2018, 04:01:24 pm »

It was somewhere in the 40s on Amazon's best sellers list too, the last time I looked.

I don't even buy games on launch day anymore, much less preorder them.  I can't imagine any developer will ever make a good enough preorder deal for me.
Through pain, I find wisdom.

Wiles

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: June 11, 2018, 07:20:59 am »

Here's the E3 bit for the game. Looks like it could be interesting.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O-9JJH0gtpM

At the end of the day though I think my enjoyment of the game will depend heavily on how much other players can disrupt your gameplay. If there are roving packs of griefers then I can't see myself having a lot of fun. But if you can set up your own server and focus on the co-op stuff I think it could be enjoyable to build up your base and defend it from the local fauna.

LoSboccacc

• Bay Watcher
  • Σὺν Ἀθηνᾷ καὶ χεῖρα κίνει
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: June 11, 2018, 10:57:05 am »

man that power armor must smell awfully.

xaritscin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: June 11, 2018, 11:52:33 am »

from the presentation it seems good enough. never played a Fallout game but this looks interesting enough to play, what im wondering about is the monetization. i guess it will be like TESO with a B2P format.

Urist McScoopbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • Damnit Scoopz!
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: June 11, 2018, 12:00:57 pm »

Interesting longer trailer/gameplay presentation. Not sure what to think quite yet but... promising. I still don't understand though (only skimmed the video), is it like... an MMO or large population servers??? or is it more like GTA with single player -- co-op -- multiplayer?
This conversation is getting disturbing fast, disturbingly erotic.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 18