Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 33

Author Topic: Roll to Vigilante Heroes: spuds and failure, a regional dish  (Read 53620 times)

Aslandus

• Bay Watcher
  • Slowly descending into madness
    • View Profile

"WHERE IS THE OUTSIDE? I WANT TO TRY THESE NEW TRICKS ON SOME BADDIES."

wipeout1024

• Bay Watcher
  • I lie, but I tell the truth too.
    • View Profile

Check to see if there are any more intruders.
« Last Edit: June 10, 2015, 07:33:13 pm by wipeout1024 »
Ain't nobody got time for that.

SaberToothTiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Wannabe Shitposter
    • View Profile

Use my FN FAL to cut down these losers with automatic fire.
I gaze into its milky depths, searching the wheat and sugar for the meanings I can never find.
It's like tea leaf divination, but with cartoon leprechauns.
There are only two sure things in life: death and taxes and lists and poor arithmetic and overlong jokes and poor memory and probably a few more things.

darkpaladin109

• Bay Watcher
  • has no intention of returning here
    • View Profile

"Might as well get any help I can in getting rid of those maniacs..
Take the sword, and go around the school checking around for any remaining cultists.

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile

ask our fans if they need help with some evildoer.
Also yay update.
You go around the gym, chatting up with other regulars and asking if they need any help with evildoers. Predictably, no one seems to have any big bad supervillains plotting world domination in their back yard, but people compliment you on picking up the slack of the dissapeared heroes. Jessy, a woman in her twenties who you've spotted for a few times, gets a concerned look and asks you to go outside with her. She lights up a cigarette.

"You know I told you about my karate club, right? When you helped me with me cardio routine? Recently, a bunch of goofballs in coloured spandex suits have been harassing us. A few of our members got beat up. And now, they've forced us into some kind of tournament. If we don't send a champion and defeat theirs, they've said that they're going to close us down by force. But shit, David, they put our best fighter in the hospital and I don't think any of us are strong enough to beat them." 

Bob: "Then 1 more pizzas - pizza classico, with extra cheese and salami, i hope he eats pizza..."
then Bob calls taxi "TTT"
Receptionist: "Trouble in Terorist Town listens!"
Bob: "i need one sided ride to the compound,POP and i think i already have my free ride up"
((other i leave to you :b ))
((trouble in terrorist town eh? Ask and thou shall recieve.))

You wait just outside of the pizza place. Not five minutes after your phone call a taxi comes screetching around the corner. It comes to a stop in front of you, half on the curb and crashing into a bunch fo trash cans. A guy with a turban pops out of the window.

"I am Henry, your driver. Now get in the car, infidel!"

You get in, and the taxi drives off before you even close the door, tires squeeling. You get to your destination in record time, mainly because Henry the cab driver seems to enjoy doing 120 kph where he's supposed to do 50. As you hear the taxi speeding off back to the city, probably running over some small forest animals on the way by the sound of it, you head up a small dirt path. It brings you to a small shack. A large dog is sleeping on a mat outside, and you can see light through the window. Smoke is coming from the chimney, it smells like something tasty is being cooked.

"WHERE IS THE OUTSIDE? I WANT TO TRY THESE NEW TRICKS ON SOME BADDIES."
"Projecting route to the vehicle hangar on your pda now. Compiling list of recent disturbences. Searching..." You follow the directions on your pda screen. You end up in a hangar not far from the engineering wing, filled with all kinds of vehicles. There are some very large doors that lead outside. Your pda beeps, and a list of recent disturbances is shown.

-attack on dance club: Multiple attackers. Club suspected of being criminal front.
-Trouble at the agricultural research center. Total communications blackout.
-Unscheduled transport ship docked in port. Suspected illegal weapons on board.

Check to see if there are any more intruders.
You peek over your cover and scan the room. There are no more intruders here, but by the sound of gunfire there's at least a few of them in the stairway.

Use my FN FAL to cut down these losers with automatic fire.
[6->5] You put the shotgun back into its holster on your back and unsling the FAL. You stand up as the two grenadiers go to cycle their bolts, and take aim. The gun kicks like a mule on full auto, but you manage to keep it relatively steady. It's all over in less than three seconds, leaving you with a slight ringing in your ears and a seriously sore shoulder. The effect of 20 rounds of 7.62 NATO at close range is devastating, to say the least. The grenadiers are swept off their feet by the hail of bullets. One of their arms tumbles down the stairs past you.

"Might as well get any help I can in getting rid of those maniacs..
Take the sword, and go around the school checking around for any remaining cultists.
You grab the sword, which is oddly warm to the touch. You check around this floor and the one below it, but those are void of any cultists. On the ground floor there is still one of the cultists in a classroom. He's looking out of the window toward the entrance, holding a fire axe.

darkpaladin109

• Bay Watcher
  • has no intention of returning here
    • View Profile

Sneak behind the cultist with the axe and attack him with the sword.

Aslandus

• Bay Watcher
  • Slowly descending into madness
    • View Profile

Head for the dance club, I'll show everyone my awesome moves

wipeout1024

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Carefully, get to the stairway.

conein

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

"Dont worry, i understand what you mean.

wears sunglasses

"I will go fight these kids. You know i hate people who believe they are important and start giving orders around!
Just tell me where i need to go."

((Also it would be cool if you just send me in the place in the next update, since those happen every three days))

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

((Hey Pancaek, you got room for one more?))
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

SaberToothTiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Wannabe Shitposter
    • View Profile

Grab the disembodied arm. Reload the FN FAL and pull out my revolvers. Walk up the stairs, keeping vigilant at all times and loot the corpses of the dead criminals.
I gaze into its milky depths, searching the wheat and sugar for the meanings I can never find.
It's like tea leaf divination, but with cartoon leprechauns.
There are only two sure things in life: death and taxes and lists and poor arithmetic and overlong jokes and poor memory and probably a few more things.

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile

Sunday update, because why not?
Quote from: Delekates
-snippety-
((Because I realized that the only real option I gave you in the last update was to open a door, and that's pretty boring.))

An old man in old camouflage clothing opens the door and puts a bowl of food near the dog. He looks over to you.
"Eh? What are you doing on my front lawn, city boy?"

Sneak behind the cultist with the axe and attack him with the sword.
[2] You try and sneak up on the cultist, but the guy is so panicked that he whirls around at the slightest sound. He grabs his axe in both hands and charges at you, screaming incoherently. Cultist [1] vs you [6->1] Channeling your inner Miyamoto Musashi, you just sidestep his clumsy swing. You then grab your sword with both and swing it at his head. You do this with the blunt side of the blade. The sword shatters, shards of blood crystal digging into the cultist's flesh. The guy is most certainly dead, but the sword is ruined. The handle and shards melt away into red goo.

You head back upstairs. The guy is looking out the window as you enter.

"Such a wretched place, your world. It looks beautiful on the surface, but deep below it is no different than anywhere else in the verse. Now that those who anchor me here are gone, I do believe I'll head back to my sanctuary. But first, I do believe I made a promise." He turns around and looks you in the eyes. The dark eyeholes of the mask seem to look straight through you. He holds his hand out again, and you feel a searing pain on your wrist. Looking at it, you see a mark burned into the flesh. A circle with a cross through it. "Break the cycle and ascend above your nature. Hail, blood knight of Kel'Gorroth." The guy dissapears in a cloud of red mist. Looking at the mark again, you feel different. You are acutely aware of the blood in room around you and the blood coursing through your veins. It feels very alive and filled with power.

Head for the dance club, I'll show everyone my awesome moves
You grab one of the humvees from the hangar and head out to the club. You arrive there pretty soon after. All you can see from the outside is a about 6 people standing in a line, looking at the entrance. They seem to be dressed as old timey british grenadiers. There's a guy behind them, wearing dirty overalls. He's shouting orders at the line.

Carefully, get to the stairway.
You carefully make your way over to the stairway. You peek around the corner of the ruined door. Two grenadiers are laying on the floor, while the guy you shot at earlier is near the top of the stairs, checking out the bodies.

Grab the disembodied arm. Reload the FN FAL and pull out my revolvers. Walk up the stairs, keeping vigilant at all times and loot the corpses of the dead criminals.
You grab the arm. It flops around and isn't as heavy as you would have expected. It's also devoid of any blood. The stairway is pretty dark though, so you can't make out anything. You change the mag of your FAL with one of the two backup mags, sling it back onto your back and pull out the two revolvers from their holsters. You creep up to the top of the stairs, stopping at the bodies. With the outside light shining in you can make out more details. You inspect the bulletholes, but there doesn't seem to be any blood. You touch one of the dead grenadiers and get a splinter in your finger. They're made out of wood! The only things of value they've got are battered Lee-Enfield rifles and a spare stripper clip of bullets.

You crawl up a few steps higher and peek out over the ground. You can see a line of six grenadiers standing at attention, looking at the door.

"Dont worry, i understand what you mean.

wears sunglasses

"I will go fight these kids. You know i hate people who believe they are important and start giving orders around!
Just tell me where i need to go."

((Also it would be cool if you just send me in the place in the next update, since those happen every three days))
((Sure thing. You can always just put "go there immediately" in your action. And remember, just because an exposition fairy walks up to you and starts talking doesn't mean you can't punch them in their stupid face.))

You put on your sunglasses and make your way to the karate club that Jessy goes to on the day of their little tournament. She's waiting for you just outside and brings you to the mat. Three guys in dark red spandex suits are waiting.

"What, you're the guy we've got to beat? Shit, this'll be over real soon. I won't even use a weapon. Come on, big guy, let's go."

He walks onto the mat, hopping from foot to foot.

((Hey Pancaek, you got room for one more?))
Sure thing, you can pm me your character and some extra info and I'll add you in next turn.))

Delekates

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

((Thanks, i was thinking how to make my move, but u made everything i guess  ;D ))
Bob: "Greetings! I had questions to you and so i came here. How about a bit of pizza while we talking?"
#Smiles, opens pizza
my main lang is russian. Still i hope we understand each other :3

conein

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Punch spandex dude in the face. If succesful say: "Can't say you saw that coming" for extra cool points.

wipeout1024

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Try to hide.
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 33