Needs another GM
- 0 (0%)
Needs frecking map
- 1 (25%)
Needs something else (specify)
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 4

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7

Author Topic: New Age Mercenaries (OOC Thread)  (Read 14744 times)

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
  • For space is wide and good friends are too few
    • View Profile
New Age Mercenaries (OOC Thread)
« on: January 10, 2014, 09:41:05 am »

Here shall be tossed stuff related to my New Age Mercenaries RTD, so it can be found without scrolling the main thread and seeking it amongst the posts.

For now, there are some useful thingys that are too long for me to remember and hidden too good to find them easily.

Intoduced guns:

Spoiler: Kragensen's rilfe (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Winlee's rifle (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Mat revolver (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Revolver Mk.IV (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: R-5 (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Willson Mk.II (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Robbin'-bobbin' (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Krii (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: MG Mk.II (click to show/hide)

There are more. Ask for them in shops, loot them from the dead. Just look for them. Cold weapons and bows are still present, however.

Spoiler: Ideologies (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Money (click to show/hide)

Introduced mercenaries:
Gradation of quality of traning:
Usual - a group of trained men. No war experience, but all needed skills for it.
Experienced - A group of men with combat experience.
Skilled - A group of men experienced multiple battles, that were mostly victorious.
Wardogs - A brotherhood forged in ages of war. Each of them is a legend himself. Those often work individually and rarely form bands.

Spoiler: Wild Bears (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Gunride Guys (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Nephelaims (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Kywernas (click to show/hide)

Also, you may use this thread to do anything that is usually done in OOC threads, like, discussion of this RTD, imrovement suggestions, critics and stuff.
« Last Edit: March 31, 2014, 07:55:27 am by Comrade P. »
Sigs

Nobody exists on purpose. Nobody belongs anywhere. Everybody’s gonna die. Come watch TV?

Patrick Hunt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: New Age Mercenaries (OOC Thread)
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2014, 10:59:18 am »

You may have trouble with mercenaries in the independent elven land, drwarf land, orc land and dragonborn land.

I kinda called every company my messengers could find to me. So yeah the merc population is a little drained right now.
Caine's law.
And so, here at the end of days, you are as you’ve always been. Willing to die. Not willing to quit.

Vengeance is mine saith the Lord but this morning. He's going to fucking well have to share.

Is she worth it, would you burn the city to save her? For her, I'd burn the world.

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2014, 11:31:19 am »

You may have trouble with mercenaries in the independent elven land, drwarf land, orc land and dragonborn land.

I kinda called every company my messengers could find to me. So yeah the merc population is a little drained right now.

It actually depends on your little meeting.
Sigs

Nobody exists on purpose. Nobody belongs anywhere. Everybody’s gonna die. Come watch TV?

Patrick Hunt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2014, 11:33:54 am »

When I stop pestering you long enough to meet all the merc captains :).
Caine's law.
And so, here at the end of days, you are as you’ve always been. Willing to die. Not willing to quit.

Vengeance is mine saith the Lord but this morning. He's going to fucking well have to share.

Is she worth it, would you burn the city to save her? For her, I'd burn the world.

UltraValican

• Bay Watcher
  • The Man aiming to be a Man!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2014, 04:56:20 pm »

Xavar the Aspiring
Race: Man/Orc hybrid
Bio: Xavar's parentage is a rare case, He was fathered by a human. Xavar's father was a noble, with rather specific tastes in women. It was only inevitable that the Orcish slave woman would eventually conceive a child sired by some "lone deranged vagrant" in the middle of the night.  Perhaps out of guilt for his actions, the noble saw to it that Xavar be tutored privately just like his legitimate son. When questioned by the tutor, the noble would simply call Xavar's education an experiment. Xavar had a knack for academics and was constantly praised by his father and tutor. His half-brother often felt neglected jealousy gave way to hatred. When Xavar's father died, his brother expelled him from the manor. Xavar spent several years wandering the world, with no ambitions. He had a proficiency for magic, but he had no mentors. At the very best he could fire very wild beams from his hands or slightly weaker beams, but much more accurate blasts from rod or staff

On one fateful evening, Xavar decided he would teach himself, all he had to do was find some old texts. Of course this cost money. And the best way to make money in these  times is mercenary work...

Xavar is somewhat portly for a man with Orc genes, however his soft appearance hides reasonably developed muscles. He could certainly pass for a full blooded Orc until he opens his mouth, he can speak fluent common as a result of being tutored, but can barely speak enough Orcish to articulate if he's injured or needs to eat.

Inventory: Some what armored robes with cloak
                  Studded Metal Quater Staff
                  Rusty Saber
                  Aprox. a hundred Singules???
                  Warn Sheepskin
                  Necro's Sword

Bonuses you get:
Educated Your knowledge spreads far to all the sciences. You make research rolls much less than the others, and get +1 for those.
Orcish legacy When you get wounded, you get a chance (d2) to get +1 for attack rolls, ignore wound and fuel your magic force with your anger.
Dabbling mage - when you roll a 1 while using magic, you roll another d6. That measures epicness of your epic fail. 1-6 means you just failed hard, maybe minor injuries, and 1-1 means you have exterminated yourself and everything in radius of 5 meters. Pretty the same works with your overshots, however.

Okay so what model of gun is the one that I bought from the shop? Does my character still have the "camera sword" in his possession? How much money does he have left. I haven't gone back and counted but its probably around 80-100 singules's if I am remembering correctly.
Would you rather be an Ant in Heaven or a Man in Hell?

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 10, 2014, 05:07:07 pm »

Money thing - you originally had 100 singuluses. You were given two quaters. That makes 150 singuluses. You spent a quater to purchase paper and stylo. You spent 80+20 singuluses to purchase and learn about the gun you bought and had a knife as a free gift. You spent 12 singuluses to buy warm clothes. That left you with 13 singuluses. Then, you played some poker. By won. That increased you balance from 13 to 24 singuluses.

So your total is 24 singuluses.

Your model of gun will be introduced in short and added to the OP. Since you wish to keep camera-sword, you can do that.
Sigs

Patrick Hunt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 12, 2014, 12:24:02 pm »

Ok here's my questions bud.

1) Can I assign new soldiers to a mercenary company that I've hired to bring it up to full strength and if so how does that effect it's ranking. Do new men get trained by current men automatically or will it's rank drop?

2) How much does a horse cost and can I buy any nearby to my current location?

3) Does offering a bonus to mercenaries motivate them to perform better? I.E give me a bonus to that companies actions.

4) What effect does mercenary rank have? I.E what bonuses does it provide?

Caine's law.

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 12, 2014, 02:03:40 pm »

1) The point that is refered to 3/4 of those question is that all mercebry squads are different about it. Overall, the more experienced the combat squad is, the lesser is the probability that they agree to have some newbies assigned to them. The rank is dropped when you add less skilled to more skilled, but that works vice versa. But mind, that rank of the company is average skill of it's members. So, if you add a wardog to a batallion of usual soldiers, they will stay usual.

2) Well, you can purchase a half-dead mare for 2-3 Aerons almost everywhere. Battlehorsesare grewn on special farms assigned to war ministries of countries that use them, and the price begins from 50 Aerons per horse. There is none of those anywhere around you.

3) That doesn't gives them any bonuses to rolls because increased payment doesn't increases their skill level as well. But it motivates them nicely.

4) It shows average skills of warriors in it. In game mechanics, it says that usual dudes have no bonuses. Experienced have a +1 bonus to one kind of action, like, shooting, melee-fighting, negotiations, strategic planning, etc. Skilled have +1 bonus to plural actions. Wardogs have +2 bonus to plural actions.
Sigs

Patrick Hunt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 12, 2014, 02:11:54 pm »

Ok, would the elven nation now allied with me have access to warhorses? I'm planning to use the Nephalem as my guard company but 18 men isn't much of a guard. I need to bring them up to a full 100 and get them properly kitted out. And hope that I can find professional soldiers or retired veterans to add to it to avoid it's rank dropping.

Guess I'll have to talk them into it, I can always offer them more money on top of the fact that I'm giving them a serious kit upgrade to convince them to accept.

What actions do my current 3 companies have modifiers for?
« Last Edit: January 12, 2014, 02:14:02 pm by Patrick Hunt »
Caine's law.

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 12, 2014, 02:22:02 pm »

As for adding soldiers, there will be an attitude roll for this. Usuals get +1 to it, experienced have no modifier, skilled have -1 modifier and wardogs have -2 modifier. They can't refuse, since you pay them, but they may ask additional money for that.

Kywernas have +1 to guerilla
Squad #34 has +1 to dakka-dakka
Nephelaims have +1 for strategic planning and +1 to negotiations.
Sigs

Patrick Hunt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 12, 2014, 02:25:41 pm »

Good choice for my guard unit then just need to find them some well trained men to up them to a full company.

Nothing to do now till the turn is ready.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2014, 02:36:29 pm by Patrick Hunt »
Caine's law.

Patrick Hunt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 12, 2014, 03:16:24 pm »

Is it possible for me to convince him now? Or was it just 1 roll and thats the end of it?
Caine's law.

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 12, 2014, 03:18:34 pm »

If you mean the dragonborn, the answer is: pretty yes. The roll defined his opinion on the whole situation, which he will keep.
Sigs

Patrick Hunt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 12, 2014, 03:21:40 pm »

That sucks, the 3 races I got are completely useless to me without the Dragonborn or Dark elves and I was counting on using Dragonborn to find them.

I don't have time to walk across the wildlands scouting every single forest trying to find them I needed mages, if orcs have mages they'll be useless for anything but brute combat spells, dwarves as far as I know have never had mages but if they do I doubt they have anything useful for it.
Elves might but considering they'res only 70,000 professional soldiers I doubt they have enough mages to spare me any.

I could have made it work if I'd lost any of the rest but I lost the 1 faction that was completely essential lol.

I have to ask though, how come I can't change his mind? People change there minds every day?
Caine's law.

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 12, 2014, 03:26:59 pm »

People, they do. Not all of them, though. Dragonborn, they do not. At all.
Sigs

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7