Poll

PULL THE LEVER? [Y/N]

Y
- 281 (87.8%)
N
- 39 (12.2%)

Total Members Voted: 319

Pages: 1 ... 98 99 [100] 101 102 ... 189

Author Topic: FailCannon: No Rest for the Wicked (or anyone else) (Succession: Battlefailed 2)  (Read 902584 times)

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
Re: FailCannon: Super Happy Fun Beach (Succession: Battlefailed II)
« Reply #1485 on: August 05, 2011, 11:55:45 pm »

It starts like this:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
I think you can imagine the rest.

SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOCKS!
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

ThatAussieGuy

• Bay Watcher
  • King of the HFS & only man to win v0.31.25
    • View Profile
« Reply #1486 on: August 05, 2011, 11:56:10 pm »

Failcannon - We've killed everything else, so all that's left is to kill each other.

Katsuun was struck down by a swift blow from ThatAussieDwarf's pick, on her way to the sea. 

Man I'm going from plotter to serial killer.

I, meanwhile, was meeting with ThatAussieDwarf.  Discussing... strategy.  Well, an exit strategy, at least.  I figured if anyone here had an emergency get-the-hell-out-of-dodge plan in reserve for situations like this, it would be him.  And lo, he did have a plan!  One... slightly too convoluted to spell out here, but...  Well.  It starts like this:

Of course! With fresh socks on his feet, a dwarf is capable of anything!
« Last Edit: August 06, 2011, 12:01:13 am by ThatAussieGuy »

CatalystParadox

• Bay Watcher
  • hi ho, hi ho...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1487 on: August 06, 2011, 01:32:03 am »

Katsuun was struck down by a swift blow from ThatAussieDwarf's pick, on her way to the sea. 
Man I'm going from plotter to serial killer.

In your defense, she probably struck at you first.  And in any case, you did the fort a service.  I guess the death was swift enough not to trigger another loyalty-shift?
My proud turn in Failcannon | Uzolnom - "Oiledgod"

Quote from: Mego
I opened up the Unread Replies page and saw that you were the last poster. I got scared. Something about you posting scares me, ever since Failcannon.

Scaraban

• Bay Watcher
  • One Crazy Ass Giant
    • View Profile
« Reply #1488 on: August 06, 2011, 01:35:25 am »

It's the killing that shifts it. Until the kill he's only a criminal. After he's a traitor.
It's a long way to the top if you want dank memes.

ThatAussieGuy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1489 on: August 06, 2011, 01:40:28 am »

Mind if That Aussie Dwarf adds a few more entries to his journal-o'-plotting?  Don't want to step on any toes or anything

Scaraban

• Bay Watcher
  • One Crazy Ass Giant
    • View Profile
« Reply #1490 on: August 06, 2011, 01:43:37 am »

Meant to tell you you're last journal entry says it's in third-person when it's in first.

First - I/me/this one Ex. I ate pizza.

Third - he/she/it/name Ex. Scaraban ate pizza.
It's a long way to the top if you want dank memes.

ThatAussieGuy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1491 on: August 06, 2011, 01:49:09 am »

Meant to tell you you're last journal entry says it's in third-person when it's in first.

First - I/me/this one Ex. I ate pizza.

Third - he/she/it/name Ex. Scaraban ate pizza.

I wrote that late last night (local time for me).  Even so; Whoops

« Last Edit: August 06, 2011, 01:51:33 am by ThatAussieGuy »

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #1492 on: August 06, 2011, 02:10:20 am »

I have a feeling this Plan is going to be good...
I don't expect 22 dwarves to be able to construct a self-destruct device of any sort, but that would be the next most interesting hope. Find out what Seth's lever did, perhaps? Was it already pulled? I hope it collapses small sections of the fort into the magma sea, sending cavern water and magma into the sky where it will both spill out and scald/infect dwarves with horrible toxins and form obsidian blocks which will plummet into the sea themselves, causing more eruptions!
Perhaps with a timer that delays a more complete collapse of sections of the fort, creating a proper, dwarfy ruin when it's all done and dead.

~lovingly haunting your haunts who are in turn haunting your dwarves and forcing them to consider blowing up the fortress. Just for fun.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

CatalystParadox

• Bay Watcher
  • hi ho, hi ho...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1493 on: August 06, 2011, 02:42:31 am »

Aussie - I don't mind if you journal.

EricBlank - Have some faith!  I am an expert at dwarven self-destruction!

(seriously, I think I got this)

I opened up the Unread Replies page and saw that you were the last poster. I got scared. Something about you posting scares me, ever since Failcannon.

ThatAussieGuy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1494 on: August 06, 2011, 02:47:46 am »

several pages are torn out, lost to the madness of the fortress

- Entry 12 -
My little uprising is going surprisingly well, but a setback has occured;  Catalyst was elected Mayor during the emergency election.  This complicates matters.  I'll have to see if he can be manipulated as easily as the rest of this demented fortress...

- Entry 13 -
Katsuun recognised that i was a citizen of The Sword of Boots today.  Last time i attempt to be social and show off our people's traditional greeting.  I mean, who doesn't like being shaken by the neck while being yelled at as a greeting?!  I managed to gut her with my pick before she could tell the other dissidents.  Unfortunately, I think Flagarus heard her scream.  I'll make up a story about them attacking me later....

- Entry 14 -
Good news, Journal!  Catalyst asked me to meet with him in order to work out how to save the fortress.  He may have mumbled something about "getting out of this armok-saken demonic hole" as well, which only bodes well for my designs.  I made up some overly complex scheme and told him to follow it to the letter, starting with the seemingly-innocuous ban on exporting silk.  With luck, he'll either leave or be dead before he even gets to the part about running naked wearing a sock for a hat at the dissidents as a sign of good faith.

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't think I !!am!!, therefore I !!am!! not
    • View Profile
« Reply #1495 on: August 06, 2011, 04:54:40 am »

Wait what? I DIED?! AND YOU DIDN'T EVEN BOTHER POSTING THE DETAILS OF MY HEROIC DEMISE?! BURN IN HELL, YOU TRAITOR SCUM!!!

Ledi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1496 on: August 06, 2011, 04:56:34 am »

Oh dear, I got caught up in the loyalty cascade? This won't end well. >.> I suspect a new Ledi may be on the naming list before long. XD
So Ledi's been training the cats into an army of disposable warbeasts?  Why did no-one think of this sooner?!
Hellcannon seemed to be constantly on the verge of death and Levergedon before my turn helped, but ultimately what killed it was Ledi's cat army.

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1497 on: August 06, 2011, 04:57:51 am »

I'm now going to ask that you lock my dorf in the house. I'm gonna have the longest lived dwarf in this fortress and not even a loyalty cascade's gonna stop me. I believe I just jinxed it, too

ThatAussieGuy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1498 on: August 06, 2011, 11:12:51 am »

Oh dear, I got caught up in the loyalty cascade? This won't end well. >.> I suspect a new Ledi may be on the naming list before long. XD

You're getting up there in successors beside Andreus, Ledi.  The eternal crazy cat dwarf;  Destined to roam Failcannon in all your incarnations, hoarding cats.

CatalystParadox

• Bay Watcher
  • hi ho, hi ho...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1499 on: August 06, 2011, 12:51:50 pm »

Wait what? I DIED?! AND YOU DIDN'T EVEN BOTHER POSTING THE DETAILS OF MY HEROIC DEMISE?! BURN IN HELL, YOU TRAITOR SCUM!!!

Apologies, I DID leave that out.  I was busy recording the details of the raging combat - Dariush died peacefully in his hospital bed, of neglect.

Pages: 1 ... 98 99 [100] 101 102 ... 189