Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 54 55 [56] 57 58 ... 161

Author Topic: Marooned in Morrowind (FINISHED)  (Read 409662 times)

PTTG??

• Bay Watcher
  • Kringrus! Babak crulurg tingra!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nowherepublishing.com
Re: Marooned in Morrowind, a suggestion game
« Reply #825 on: July 10, 2013, 08:43:05 am »

We need to learn magic. We might even be especially good at it, once we know the basics. Once we have magic on our side, we can either learn how to be powerful here, or how to get back home. Either way.

So we need the money. Let's get some options on how to get that.
A thousand million pool balls made from precious metals, covered in beef stock.

The13thRonin

• Bay Watcher
  • Profession: Handsome Rogue
    • View Profile
« Reply #826 on: July 10, 2013, 09:04:27 am »

I started up a Stranded in Skyrim thread here in the forums with Lord Buckets blessing... Check it out peeps:

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=128353.0
I'm Digging Deeper... AGAIN... You Should Too!

Dig Deeper DIAMOND - 750+ items of new content including; new plants, new creatures, new metals, new woods, new gems, new stones, new crafts and much, much more.

hermes

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #827 on: July 10, 2013, 09:37:14 am »

Right!  Let's get free!

Hopefully Mike has enough credibility with Darius to get permission to do stuff now...

Convince the legion to send you after the slug.

Great idea.  The thing is, we don't want a detatchment of troops coming with us, nor do we want to play intelligence officer to Entius.

Ask to be given leave to continue your investigation on the sixth house/slug.

I wouldn't think he'd give us carte blanche, so...

Say you will report back to the General in ... umm...  2 weeks.

So we need to move fast...

Comandeer the silt strider, in the name of the Emperor, to take us places.

I'd then seriously consider going back to the Orc Necromancer in Balmora and wooing her for training.  If Mike can summon stuff to fight for him, training up all other type of combat will be ten times easier.
We can only guess at the longing of the creator. Someone who would need to create one such as you. - A Computer
I've been working on this type of thing...

hostergaard

• Bay Watcher
  • Pull lever R
    • View Profile
« Reply #828 on: July 10, 2013, 10:26:13 am »

If we want to go after the slug that would certainly mean action, but for gods sake don't go AWOL!

It makes no sense to do it at this late a point and will only make you a target for an intense manhunt. We only got like a few days left, running away now means we loose any credit we had with the legion.

Rather, ask to be a part of a investigation team. You can't go after the slug alone, you are too weak, but being a part of either a team that is going out to hunt it down makes it a viable course of action. Even better if you can become part of a special unit that is created to investigate the resent events, where you can provide important knowledge. This way you have a lot of support to back you up while giving you a large degree of autonomy.

Edit:

We need to learn magic. We might even be especially good at it, once we know the basics. Once we have magic on our side, we can either learn how to be powerful here, or how to get back home. Either way.

So we need the money. Let's get some options on how to get that.

+1

PS - I thought that the splendid writing did a great job of making legion life seem interesting Bucket. Well done.
+1
The problem is that we are obviously too weak to do anything, our only fight got us killed in no time, and legion seemed like safe choice for training, getting equipment and ultimately surviving. We are at least a bit stronger now, so let's try our luck :)

+1
« Last Edit: July 10, 2013, 10:28:52 am by hostergaard »
They decided to leave my fortress via the circus because the front door was locked to keep Goblins out.  THAT should be an interesting trip back to the Mountainhome.

Man of Paper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #829 on: July 10, 2013, 10:33:20 am »

Since we didn't go AWOL when I wanted and our path has put us right in the eyes of the General, I need to think of a new way to get out of the situation and further our own goals...

First thing's first, we need to get our shit from under the bed before we finally GTFO the Legion. Shame nobody thought to take our Scroll of Divine Intervention. Would have made things super easy. Now we've got to get creative. We could fake a seizure...but that could get them thinking we're infected with something. Tell the General that we should have notes on the beast and it's brethren in our backpack back at the Fort, but it needs to be revealed by a special wand. The wand being the pen, and you're really just writing it. If at any point we are left alone once we get our stuff, we need to decide if we have the ability to escape. Also, use our escape to judge exactly how far and fast we can move in an all-out sprint.

And we don't have a few days left. We have to serve a whole year. That's a lot of days. We go AWOL or figure out how to get on our own again (perhaps a discharge for misconduct or something? Nah, that'd bring a flogging probably), or this thread dies. And Strillian himself mentioned that we could be a cultist, whatever whatever. He has no reason to trust us with anything yet. If you want us to be his loyal lapdog while we gain his trust enough for him to ignore politics and place us in command of something, good luck with that.

Supercharazad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #830 on: July 10, 2013, 10:38:08 am »

A morrowind year is 12.6 real days. I already calculated that.

hermes

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #831 on: July 10, 2013, 11:06:43 am »

don't go AWOL!
Ignore everything Supercharazad just said.
Ignore everything Supercharazad just said... Because it is boring as hell and the DM himself just explained that he is sick of doing boring.
Ignore everything Ronin just said, it's going to get us killed.

Just a personal request, could we stop the negative suggestions?  It's much more fun to read when people are posting positive ideas.
We can only guess at the longing of the creator. Someone who would need to create one such as you. - A Computer
I've been working on this type of thing...

The13thRonin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #832 on: July 10, 2013, 11:56:29 am »

Is anyone going to check out the Skyrim thread at all? :(

I can't get the ball rolling with no suggestions.

Dig Deeper DIAMOND - 750+ items of new content including; new plants, new creatures, new metals, new woods, new gems, new stones, new crafts and much, much more.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #833 on: July 10, 2013, 11:59:24 am »

Not doing anything? My good man, we're going to war of course! We just tipped off the General and he's ready to believe us, how is that not doing something? How is this boring? We're getting somewhere now.

It's far too late to desert, I'm afraid. Bear in mind that, if played right, we'll soon be very valuable to the legion, and perhaps have a chance at officership. In this vein we should tell the General that the Sixth House's goal is to drive out/exterminate all foreigners in Morrowind. This helps on the strategic level. We must take extra precautions to protect non-dunmer citizens.

Here's my plan for what to do next:

1.Inform the Great Houses of the imminent Sixth House threat. We must convince them to take action if we can.

2. Send a letter to Vivec, informing him that events are moving differently than expected and that there are more than one probable PC's.

3.Get in contact with Caius. This is crucial to finding the PC/Nerevarine.

4.Get to Divayth Fyr. We say that we know where a cure for coruprus might be, and so we must reach him post-haste.

I'm also in favor of us getting involved in battles, so that we can give tactical information. Give good enough tactical information, and we might just soon be giving orders. We can still make this work. I don't think we can destroy Dagoth Ur, but we can prevent more towns from being destroyed, advance our standing in the world, and buy time to find out just what the hell is with the PC's.

EDIT: Oh, and see how many shields we can get enchanted with resist, absorb, or reflect magicka. Even if it's not constant effect, a formation with many of those shields would have a considerable edge over the caster-happy sixth house. We know the Legion can enchant things, it's worth a shot.
« Last Edit: July 10, 2013, 12:12:08 pm by HugoLuman »
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #834 on: July 10, 2013, 12:07:24 pm »

what you want to do is get our alchemy high enough to make a cure for corprus

it will involve glamorous amounts of piss

Supercharazad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #835 on: July 10, 2013, 12:11:55 pm »

Ideally, we won't need a Nerevarine. If we can convince the legion that this is a serious threat, we can use the military might of the empire to take the war straight to Dagoth Ur.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #836 on: July 10, 2013, 12:28:40 pm »

Ideally, we won't need a Nerevarine. If we can convince the legion that this is a serious threat, we can use the military might of the empire to take the war straight to Dagoth Ur.

I don't think this is a war the Empire can win, seeing as the Emperor himself didn't think so. At least, not on it's own. If we can get the Great Houses to mobilize their forces, difficult but possible, we might just be able to take the fight to Red Mountain, though we'd still need to destroy the Heart. It might be that it just takes a Bad Enough Dude to destroy the Heart, going on dialogue options the PC has, so we'd likely need a powerful pawn to make it happen. That means manipulating a PC. Perhaps Awesomicus, when the time comes?

I would still very much like to meet Dagoth Ur, to see whether or not he greets us with "Greetings, Nerevar, my old friend, but to this place where destiny is made, why have you come unprepared?" as he does in-game if you go to him early. This would confirm whether our not we've landed in the Nerevarine role.

Anyway, though, this is our chance. It's time to take charge. We're got to win this shit.
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

The13thRonin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #837 on: July 10, 2013, 12:35:41 pm »

No replies to stranded in Skyrim makes for a sad Ronin :'(.

LordBucket

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #838 on: July 10, 2013, 01:01:28 pm »

No replies to stranded in Skyrim makes for a sad Ronin :'(.

One, two, three ads for your thread over four hours is enough, dude. Move along.

CognitiveDissonance

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #839 on: July 10, 2013, 02:16:17 pm »

May I suggest we go back to an old suggestion of sorts of mine: goals. Let's set a goal, and work to achieve it. The more goals we suggest otherwise, the more we argue and the less happens. See: Bodyguard Simulator 2013 Deluxe.

Goals I've seen so far:
Become independant
Sic the Legion on the Sixth House

Those sound like reasonable goals. My suggestion:
Suggest the Legion pursues the slug, at least to obtain more information
Offer to stay close to the general to provide tactical advice, and for insurance. If we were a traitor, he could at least kill us before going down. We're not, but I think he'll like this. This will keep us from being on the front line.

After the battle is resolved, inform the Legion that our Holy mission from Vivec requires us to move on from the Legion. Thank the General, and promise to send important information as we find it. And do so. The Legion's success would most likely help us, and guarantee allies.
Come and be amazed by this wonderful menagerie! Draw your own! Bring your favorite! The [Forgotten Beast Art Contest] is open for business!
Now also available - [The Legendary Artifact Art Contest]! It menaces! It has rings! It has craftsdwarfship!
I have a [YouTube] channel! It has Let's Plays and other stuff.
Pages: 1 ... 54 55 [56] 57 58 ... 161