Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7785 7786 [7787] 7788 7789 ... 8156

Author Topic: Things that made you sad today thread.  (Read 8765391 times)

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you sad today thread.
« Reply #116790 on: September 27, 2019, 05:46:38 pm »

You can also PM people if you don't want to put it in the public sphere so to speak.

Ya we gotcha. You won't get nuthin' but support from any of us. Be confident of that.
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #116791 on: September 27, 2019, 05:50:31 pm »

Yes, we will support you

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #116792 on: September 27, 2019, 08:09:54 pm »

Nobody's talking about it, but the shit's really hitting the fan in Indonesia

https://www.bbc.com/news/newsbeat-49768137

Under the draft laws, there would be a ban on sex outside of marriage - which could result in a one-year prison term. Criminal charges would only go ahead after a complaint by a spouse, child or parent.

Living together outside marriage could also lead to a six-month prison sentence.

Insulting the president, vice president, religion, state institutions and symbols such as the flag and national anthem would also become criminal offences.

And there would also be a maximum four-year prison term for women who have an abortion - if there were no circumstances of a medical emergency or rape.

If the code were to be passed, the law would take about two years to take affect so the public and police could become familiar with the changes.

But there's been criticism over the government's plan.

https://www.nst.com.my/world/2019/09/524516/indonesia-student-protests-against-bill-ban-extra-marital-sex-enter-third-day

JAKARTA: Indonesian students rallied for a third day on Wednesday against proposed new laws, including a criminal code that would ban extramarital sex and insulting the president’s honour, a day after clashes in the capital injured more than 300 people.

Police fired tear gas and water cannon to break up Tuesday’s rallies in Jakarta and another city, some of the biggest since 1998 student protests fuelled unrest that led to the fall of former strongman leader Suharto.
The revisions to the code include penalties for sex outside marriage, insulting the president’s dignity, a four-year jail term for abortions in the absence of a medical emergency or rape, and a prison term for black magic.

Noooooo ... not black magic.

The really sad thing is that the politicians who've been reported as having objected to the bill have only really said, "yes there are a couple of details here and there that I disagreed with but hopefully they'll be sorted by next week and we can get this thing passed".

EDIT: it gets worse

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2019-09-20/indonesia-set-to-outlaw-sex-before-marriage-affecting-tourists/11532328

Indonesian President Joko Widodo has suspended a raft of draconian amendments to the country's criminal code — that would ban sex outside marriage and limit other personal freedoms.

The Indonesian Government had been planning to bring forward a vote on a new national criminal code as early as next week. Among other things, it would make it illegal to criticise the president, have sex outside of marriage, sell contraceptives and take away a women's rights to choose an abortion.

But late on Friday, Mr Widodo delayed the bill's passage until the new parliament is inaugurated next month, meaning debate and a vote will begin again.

Oh right, so among other things they're banning birth control and condoms by the sounds of things. That should certainly help poverty in a nation of 220 million people!

Also note, that the vote was fast-tracked to occur before the new parliament even sits. This sounds like religious hardliners trying push through their wish-list of draconian laws before democracy gets in the way and they lose their majority.

Also:

There is also anger over the passing of a new law that has weakened the Corruption Eradication Commission, an important arm in rooting out corruption.

Sooo, the same politicians passing these laws against normal people also passed laws reducing the power of corruption investigations against politicians.
« Last Edit: September 27, 2019, 08:24:08 pm by Reelya »

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #116793 on: September 28, 2019, 10:59:51 am »

The Indonesian police were using expired tear gas in the riots - it becomes cyanide when expired, though I don't think any deaths yet. Protesters have tried to shank the cops, too, and there are conspiracy theories about who is organizing the protesters.

Things are messy.
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

Eschar

• Bay Watcher
  • hello
    • View Profile
« Reply #116794 on: September 30, 2019, 04:15:08 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: September 30, 2019, 04:42:38 pm by Eschar »

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #116795 on: September 30, 2019, 04:53:23 pm »

i just dont want to say it

There are so many people here with such a wide range of personal issues that you can say it if you think it'll help. Ain't gonna get no judgment here.

If you want to and are worried about being judged, that is. If it's too deeply personal feel free to keep it to yourself and we will still support you.
You can also PM people if you don't want to put it in the public sphere so to speak.
Yes, we will support you

You know thanks guys. It took a couple days, I went to an FNM to play some MTG with some old friends that I hadn't seen in forever. I'm not part of anyone's 'in-group' but just getting to see some real, friendly human beings to socialize with allayed a lot of my butthurtness about life. I wish I could have contact with people like that more often, but I'm feeling better now. Fingers crossed.

Also I got a new keyboard now, yay.

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #116796 on: September 30, 2019, 07:34:02 pm »

Best way is what you're doing right now.

Find someone or somewhere that supports you. The incel philosophy (derisive snort) preys upon people by making them exclude themselves from all other social groups. Anytime you feel it's pull feel free to come here and we will remind you that you have worth regardless of arbitrary BS like virginity.
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

MrRoboto75

• Bay Watcher
  • Belongs in the Trash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #116797 on: September 30, 2019, 07:50:45 pm »

I consume
I purchase
I consume again

dragdeler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #116798 on: October 01, 2019, 04:35:12 am »

-
« Last Edit: November 23, 2020, 03:23:04 pm by dragdeler »
let

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #116799 on: October 01, 2019, 07:12:54 am »

« Last Edit: October 01, 2019, 07:18:59 am by Reelya »

dragdeler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #116800 on: October 01, 2019, 08:10:50 am »

« Last Edit: November 23, 2020, 03:23:12 pm by dragdeler »
let

MrRoboto75

• Bay Watcher
  • Belongs in the Trash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #116801 on: October 01, 2019, 09:09:31 am »

By the time all that gets done, I'll be too old to date anyway.
I consume
I purchase
I consume again

dragdeler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #116802 on: October 01, 2019, 09:17:52 am »

-
« Last Edit: November 23, 2020, 03:23:20 pm by dragdeler »
let

MrRoboto75

• Bay Watcher
  • Belongs in the Trash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #116803 on: October 01, 2019, 10:03:04 am »

idk it looks like you're managing to hold a job 2-3 years younger than I did... in short it's learn to not give a fuck and when

I'd need three more jobs just like it to live on my own.
I consume
I purchase
I consume again

TamerVirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Who cares
    • View Profile
« Reply #116804 on: October 01, 2019, 10:10:02 am »

It's time to bring back arranged marriages! to secure alliances between rival fiefdoms.
What can mysteriously disappear can mysteriously reappear
*Shakes fist at TamerVirus*
Pages: 1 ... 7785 7786 [7787] 7788 7789 ... 8156