- 0 (0%)
Bloodsinger
- 0 (0%)
Boar
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: May 27, 2023, 04:40:22 am

Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 52

Author Topic: Hedge Lords - Medieval Fantasy 4X game - COMPLETED  (Read 22607 times)

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • I wear many masks, none of them have names.
    • View Profile
Re: Hedge Lords - Medieval Fantasy 4X game - Turn FOO
« Reply #375 on: June 01, 2023, 02:30:33 pm »

Dismantle Fort Birch.

March 2 to R8.
March 2 to T3.
March 3 to R7.

Scout to Q8.
Also Scout to R4.

Scout with the Speculator's Rod to T13.
Also scout to R11

This unit is known to the state of california to occasionally misuse technical language.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
Re: Hedge Lords - Medieval Fantasy 4X game - TURN 10 - RECKONING
« Reply #376 on: June 01, 2023, 05:18:09 pm »

Turn 9 Reports
Spoiler: Enemy Phase (click to show/hide)

Turn 10
Research
Countess Andice Gloronisits learns that in I6 is Sundering Claw (assign a scout to crack open a permanent path through any adjacent mountain. 25% chance to call a hostile dragon to the location)

Prince Mackial FitzHarbort learns that in A11 is the Selkie Court (Castle with Keep, Moat x 3!) 31/31 defence - The Selkie Queen lives in the Selkie Court. She is a hag protected by 8 royal seals (who act identically to bog cats but with water instead of marshes). In her vault, she has a treasure of 20 gold and two random artefacts (which may be used in defence). The court only appears on coast or water tiles.)

Spoiler: Known Artefact List (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Known Unique Sites (click to show/hide)

- Trust me, things turned out even worse with some of your original orders.
- We have seen our first curse and first monster march this turn!
« Last Edit: June 02, 2023, 03:47:51 am by notquitethere »

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #377 on: June 01, 2023, 05:51:44 pm »

Hmm, I assume that P11 should have black outlines on the map and a fuck ton of monsters in it? Also, how did they pick up the wolf from N10? Also I didn't have an archer to loose in P11.

Heck, what happened to N10, why doesn't Aywen Ayes own it, was it taken over by the wolf? And what happened to N11?

Also this is a strictly good error for me I think, but I think thornish forts are suppose to attack the nearest tile, not nearest fort? So M11... which doesn't exist and I think it should have been M7 should have attacked N8, not P11?
« Last Edit: June 01, 2023, 05:54:21 pm by Criptfeind »

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
  • One letter short of a wookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #378 on: June 01, 2023, 05:53:30 pm »

Was the curse that my march on I13 got devoured by Eldritch time beasts?

I'm curious how badly the previous orders went considering the results of this one went. Obviously my assault on the Spire would've gone splendidly.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #379 on: June 01, 2023, 05:55:50 pm »

Woah the dusk dragon is awake? and there's a dawn dragon now? I may have skipped over other player actions a bit because they're hard to decipher...
This unit is known to the state of california to occasionally misuse technical language.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #380 on: June 01, 2023, 06:04:30 pm »

Whoops, looks like my scout skipped over N7, where cats bane is and he should have turned around and went right into N6.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #381 on: June 01, 2023, 06:10:35 pm »

Also Egan managing to accidentally launch a 18 monster attack on me seems on brand. Welcome back Egan. :P

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #382 on: June 01, 2023, 06:12:50 pm »

You're welcoooooome.

So long as I don't build any forts I can awaken monsters as much as I want. Until it's an all dragon and wisps force and just flies over to my island.

May we build forts in the same turn we march to take that tile? Before the enemy phase that is? I don't think so because combat happens after spending resources, hmm.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #383 on: June 01, 2023, 06:28:49 pm »

No wait, I think that monsterball actually attacked A1s and it's just the narration that's wrong. N11 is colored black for monsters and has an asterisk on it indicating that there's a heckton of monsters on it.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Hedge Lords - Medieval Fantasy 4X game - Turn FOO
« Reply #384 on: June 01, 2023, 06:32:41 pm »

Scout the far shore at S1 (by ship, not exploring tiles in the way.)
Scout through giant territory to R4 again, plundering the 9 gold at Giant's Toe along the way. Wow, all the monsters went somewhere!

March 3 to the gold mine at R7 again. For gold!
March 4 into the barbarian-infested woods of S14. Hey, if I don't get some of my troops killed, those villages I took won't be doing anything!

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #385 on: June 01, 2023, 06:37:01 pm »

Oh shit I misread the monster turn, they didn't march on me, they marched on N11. Whoops, that explains... most of my questions.

Edit: right, Egan said that two posts ago lol :P

Welp that's a problem.
« Last Edit: June 01, 2023, 06:40:07 pm by Criptfeind »

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #386 on: June 01, 2023, 06:38:31 pm »

Hmm, I assume that P11 should have black outlines on the map and a fuck ton of monsters in it? Also, how did they pick up the wolf from N10? Also I didn't have an archer to loose in P11.

Heck, what happened to N10, why doesn't Aywen Ayes own it, was it taken over by the wolf? And what happened to N11?
No I wrote it down wrong, they picked N11 instead. And yes N10 was taken over by a wolf which then joined the march.

Also this is a strictly good error for me I think, but I think thornish forts are suppose to attack the nearest tile, not nearest fort? So M11... which doesn't exist and I think it should have been M7 should have attacked N8, not P11?
Oops. I'm not retconning it now, but that was a genuine mistake. Oh well. Next time...

Was the curse that my march on I13 got devoured by Eldritch time beasts?
Got lost in the wash maybe. I'll have a look... OK and it's done. I didn't even have to edit the map.

Whoops, looks like my scout skipped over N7, where cats bane is and he should have turned around and went right into N6.
Quite.

May we build forts in the same turn we march to take that tile? Before the enemy phase that is? I don't think so because combat happens after spending resources, hmm.
No.

No wait, I think that monsterball actually attacked A1s and it's just the narration that's wrong. N11 is colored black for monsters and has an asterisk on it indicating that there's a heckton of monsters on it.
Yes, I mixed up the numbers. The random number generator said the first of two, and that was N11.

« Last Edit: June 01, 2023, 06:41:32 pm by notquitethere »

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #387 on: June 01, 2023, 06:50:47 pm »

Big F for A1s then. Pretty dangerous position to be in with such a horde one 50/50 away from your castle. We'll have to see if we can come up with a suitable death for them.

Are we going to keep the scouting mishap "as is" or change it? I'd be okay keeping it as is if you want, just for less work.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #388 on: June 01, 2023, 06:53:22 pm »

Yes it's fine. We can imagine the Bloodsinger was deep in his cave and didn't see the scout go past. I don't think it particularly benefits the players knowing that the dragon has a bunch of friends.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #389 on: June 01, 2023, 06:54:37 pm »

Should I take that as implying that the bloodsinger is solo? Or would that be the bloodsinger+his unknown but presumably high number of allies were deep in their cave :P
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 52