Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Embarked on HUEG Town  (Read 16959 times)

Splint

• Bay Watcher
  • War is a valid form of diplomacy.
    • View Profile
Re: Embarked on HUEG Town
« Reply #30 on: March 22, 2012, 11:21:07 am »

Tried to reembark with military gear. They didn't even pick up their steel weapons and armor, but they took a hell of a lot of merchants and lye makers with them.

You have to explicetly make them equip thier gear (hopefully they'll do so before you activate them.)

Mrhappyface

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 22, 2012, 11:30:52 am »

Eesh. FPS drops by 10 with every reembark into the city square. I'm just going to set up camp on the fringe instead.
This is Dwarf Fortress. Where torture, enslavement, and murder are not only tolerable hobbies, but considered dwarfdatory.

KtosoX

• Bay Watcher
  • Playing DF since 18.08.2010
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 22, 2012, 12:59:49 pm »

Build a grid of floor grates above the entire city. Draft a squadron of masons and bomb the crap out of the city with falling constructed walls.
The Geneva Convention would like to have a word with you.

I just found my new sig :D
Build a grid of floor grates above the entire city. Draft a squadron of masons and bomb the crap out of the city with falling constructed walls.
Quote from: Aleksanderus
I have clicked "d" in a forge and look what it did!

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 22, 2012, 01:08:25 pm »

...and watch as the circus comes to town. Everything will burn. Everything must burn.

If I had any room left I would sig that
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 22, 2012, 01:09:20 pm »

I bet they do! Those ugly, tall, beardless genevans!  They say their city has a unique and classic history, and that dwarven architecture will mar the landscape, and refuse to allow us to settle there!

How's their precious city look now, after 3z levels of stone floors just fell on their city hall, huh!?

Look at them, shaking their fists and throwing baguettes and swiss rolls at us impotently from so far below!  Not so high and mighty now are you, hoomans!?

Just wait til we get the pumpstacks ready! You'll roast like plump helmet and draltha sausages!

(Drunken dwarven laughter, amid horrifying lever pulling)

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: March 22, 2012, 01:51:34 pm »

...and watch as the circus comes to town. Everything will burn. Everything must burn.

If I had any room left I would sig that
Isn't that the point of the sig thread?
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

acetech09

• Bay Watcher
  • Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: March 22, 2012, 02:30:32 pm »

Ah. Yes. Let's see here. You're acetech09, the one under investigation of horri-
The Spinning Rough Shist Wall strikes Urist McNoFun in the head, jamming the skull through the brain and tearing the brain!
Urist McNoFun has been struck down.
I challenge you to a game of 'Hide the Sausage', to the death.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #37 on: March 22, 2012, 02:34:41 pm »

Lock them within all of their rooms. Kill those that roam the streets. Initiate Dwarf martial law, and one by one kill the survivors, room by room. See if hostiles breed. Create a human resistance. KILL THE RESISTANCE.
Pages: 1 2 [3]