Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 10

Author Topic: Lords of Mafia - Game Over, Distant Third Victory!  (Read 11416 times)

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Lords of Mafia - Day 2 - Three Candidates Still Remain (6/7)
« Reply #75 on: April 20, 2022, 03:35:23 pm »

EuchreJack would be the clear outlier there Toony. Unless you claim I'm the DT, but that would be silly. Right?

Really though, just as well webadict went.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: April 20, 2022, 03:35:34 pm »

I think Jack is the most suspicious out of the three, but I don't really have to nerve to remove one of my Supporters if Jim or Tric is hoodwinking me.

So if we look at finding the opposing Candidate instead that leaves NQT or Max. I believe NQT is probably a Supporter of the opposing Candidate (alongside Webadict) so that means Max should be our next elimination. Although I would prefer Max posts first to have some semblance of manners after hilariously quickhammering Webadict.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: April 20, 2022, 03:36:41 pm »

PPE except I already hit post:

EuchreJack would be the clear outlier there Toony. Unless you claim I'm the DT, but that would be silly. Right?
Really though, just as well webadict went.
I mean, if I like Max enough I'm willing to vote Jack instead. I am most likely not voting NQT.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: April 20, 2022, 03:47:24 pm »

While there are advantages to quickhammering(and drawbacks), it's not likely to happen at the moment. We got 6 players and need a consensus of 4, 2 are candidates, and one is DT.

I do agree NQT is likely on the opposing candidacy team. Though at the moment pretty sure Jack is either the DT or more likely a supporter of MaxSpin himself.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: April 20, 2022, 03:51:19 pm »

I'm preeeeeeeeeeeeeeeetty sure webadict wasn't on my team so killing him creates a numerical advantage for my team which I expect is going to be very useful going forward.

I'm pretty sure notquitethere is not part of my team. I would vote him except Maximum Spin hasn't posted yet so I don't have a bearing on which team he's on although if I had to guess I expect NQT and Maximum Spin are on the same team.

ToonyMan/TricMagic/EuchreJack I think are roughly aligned with my team but between them one of them is the distant third. If I had to pick I'd have to choose between ToonyMan or TricMagic.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: April 20, 2022, 04:04:43 pm »

I'm looking forward to seeing who is on what team when this all shakes out...

Tric why aren't you 3rd party hunting? The six legitimate players will lose if the DT wins.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: April 20, 2022, 04:09:29 pm »

@Max: What is your 90% truth on this?

I'm a bit worried about the Candidate Shot.  If the Candidates kill each other, the DT wins.

Tric why aren't you 3rd party hunting? The six legitimate players will lose if the DT wins.
I'm a little new to 3rd party hunting, but isn't Tric's two votes vs. everyone else's zero votes "fairly good" 3rd party hunting?

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: April 20, 2022, 04:18:07 pm »

We win if we kill the candidate and DT. We very much lose if we kill the DT but not the opposing Candidate. To us, the other candidate is also third party is a way, and we want to remove them.. At which point our Candidate just needs to pick out the DT.

... That said, can take that to mean Max is the one you're supporting?

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: April 20, 2022, 04:43:52 pm »

I thought Web was a supporter on the opposing team, but his quickhammer seems to indicate that either I was wrong or a lot of other people were even more wrong.

As for Max... who knows what he is, has he even posted yet?

No, my reasoning for voting Tric is that someone on the Wuba wagon must be the DT OR some players are even more confused than I am.

Of the ones remaining, the player who is explicitly A/B candidate hunting rather than DT hunting is Tric. I can work out who on the Web train was or wasn't on my side as I go, but I'm pretty sure Tric is best person for DT.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: April 20, 2022, 04:47:40 pm »

Ultimately, as no one knows who anyone is, and even the flips are no use, we're all flying blind here.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: April 20, 2022, 05:42:59 pm »

I'll once more point out that I would have been voting from the get go if that was the case. As is weird things showed up. So I didn't do that.

... I would point out it could be toony, but.. Maybe? Jack's my best guess though. Maybe. hua. Lot of maybes here. Though honestly, removing the other candidate is just common sense? And pretty sure from your reaction I hit that mark.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: April 21, 2022, 04:38:34 am »

Max's last active time was prior to the game starting.  So, Max has basically been Null the entire time.  Grr...

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: April 21, 2022, 01:26:17 pm »

I would send a prod to Max.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: April 21, 2022, 01:39:21 pm »

ToonyMan/TricMagic/EuchreJack I think are roughly aligned with my team but between them one of them is the distant third. If I had to pick I'd have to choose between ToonyMan or TricMagic.
I think there's a very good chance the DT is one of you three.

Jack happily hammered Webadict, which is why I think they're either the DT or a confident Supporter. The DT will hammer anybody, while a Supporter could fairly confidently hammer another player.

In addition, there was a good chance Webadict was a Candidate. The DT would be eliminating three players in one fell swoop. Jack was the one that dropped the hammer which is why it bothers me the most compared to you or Tric.

The reason why DT!Jack can't shoot two players right now, is because they don't know for sure who the Candidate is inside NQT/Max or who the Candidate is inside Tric/Toony/Jim. I believe I can safely deduce the teams are such based on the Webadict wagon.

If Jack isn't the DT, then...it's probably you Jim. You were just as happy to go for the Webadict kill as the third vote before Jack. I will continue to underestimate Tric until it bites me, but I don't think it's him. On that much, I agree with Webadict.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: April 21, 2022, 02:06:42 pm »

@ToonyMan: What about the fact that Max didn't post the entire game?
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 10