Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 69 70 [71] 72 73 ... 385

Author Topic: PeridexisErrant's DF Starter Pack  (Read 4120079 times)

Furcube

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarf Fortress 40_10 Starter Pack r2
« Reply #1050 on: August 30, 2014, 12:05:13 pm »

fix start errors:
1. replace "Dwarf Fortress 0.40.10\hack\scripts\repeat.lua" with
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

LNP_dfhack_onLoad.init has incorrect call to repeat, you need to add "-timeUnits" before "months", for example:

I change it manualy after DF launch, but before loading save.
Hope it would be fixed soon.

UristWoodie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1051 on: August 30, 2014, 01:23:14 pm »

Can I assume the \Useful\ folder was removed through oversight, since the link in the Folders menu is still there? Could that be fixed, or do the documents themselves need to be updated for 2014?

On a separate note, How could one copy the front-page settings from the last version of SP? Population cap, water display, etc? Or are those part of df_init, so can't be copied reliably?

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1052 on: August 30, 2014, 02:02:54 pm »

You can edit "LNP_dfhack_onLoad.init" to avoid having to do this.

On a separate note, How could one copy the front-page settings from the last version of SP? Population cap, water display, etc? Or are those part of df_init, so can't be copied reliably?
If you're transferring from one 0.40.10 installation to another 0.40.10 installation, you can safely copy <DF>/data/init/init.txt and d_init.txt.
« Last Edit: August 30, 2014, 02:04:28 pm by lethosor »
DFHack - Dwarf Manipulator (Lua) - DF Wiki talk

There was a typo in the siegers' campfire code. When the fires went out, so did the game.

Thormgrim

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1053 on: August 30, 2014, 03:46:34 pm »

I have a minor ask that might be worth doing for the next version.
Quickfort requires that the macro speed be set to zero, but the default is 15ms or something like that.  I don't know why the default isn't set for 0 in the first place, but it means that basically every time I start with a new pack, i forget to set this, launch a game, get reminded and quit out and start back in.
Really minor stuff, but might be worth changing the default setting.

Xerberus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1054 on: August 30, 2014, 04:01:37 pm »

fix start errors:
1. replace "Dwarf Fortress 0.40.10\hack\scripts\repeat.lua" with

LNP_dfhack_onLoad.init has incorrect call to repeat, you need to add "-timeUnits" before "months", for example:

Hope it would be fixed soon.

1. is there a way to do the changes to the LNP_dfhack_onLoad.init without it reverting back everytime you load the game?

2. after applying your fixes i get this new error message which makes me kinda worry even more (before it was gibberish for me, now no caravans is kinda worrying):

Edit2: i deselected "pure bugfixes" from the DF starter pack in the dfhack tab and this has removed the red error messages.
« Last Edit: August 30, 2014, 04:13:06 pm by Xerberus »

Furcube

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #1055 on: August 30, 2014, 04:14:07 pm »

1. is there a way to do the changes to the LNP_dfhack_onLoad.init without it reverting back everytime you load the game?

2. after applying your fixes i get this new error message which makes me kinda worry even more (before it was gibberish for me, now no caravans is kinda worrying):

1. Don't know. Launcher rewrites it every time.
2. I don't have this error. It means that population cap fix didn't apply, maybe it works only after first caravan.

I don't fully understand how these scripts work, just fixed errors that bothered me. Fixed it two days ago, no negative effects yet.

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1056 on: August 30, 2014, 04:14:36 pm »

After applying your fixes i get this new error message which makes me kinda worry even more (before it was gibberish for me, now no caravans is kinda worrying):

That script is no longer necessary, since the population cap was fixed in 0.40.05. Also, "no caravan report object" is not the same as "no caravans" - in short, the old population cap implementation, which communicated through caravan 'reports', has been removed.

Edit: I'm not sure which files this pack overwrites on launch, but I think you can safely add the fixed line to dfhack.init, then disable the corresponding option in the launcher.
Edit 2: Actually, I think that script is run when loading a fortress. DFHack doesn't have a 'global' onLoad.init, but I think this pack adds a line implementing that behavior to dfhack.init - search for a line with "onStateChange" in it, copy it, change "LNP_dfhack_onLoad.init" to "onLoad.init", create "onLoad.init" in the DF folder, and add your changes to it.
« Last Edit: August 30, 2014, 04:21:30 pm by lethosor »

There was a typo in the siegers' campfire code. When the fires went out, so did the game.

Xerberus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1057 on: August 30, 2014, 04:46:49 pm »

After applying your fixes i get this new error message which makes me kinda worry even more (before it was gibberish for me, now no caravans is kinda worrying):

That script is no longer necessary, since the population cap was fixed in 0.40.05. Also, "no caravan report object" is not the same as "no caravans" - in short, the old population cap implementation, which communicated through caravan 'reports', has been removed.

Edit: I'm not sure which files this pack overwrites on launch, but I think you can safely add the fixed line to dfhack.init, then disable the corresponding option in the launcher.
Edit 2: Actually, I think that script is run when loading a fortress. DFHack doesn't have a 'global' onLoad.init, but I think this pack adds a line implementing that behavior to dfhack.init - search for a line with "onStateChange" in it, copy it, change "LNP_dfhack_onLoad.init" to "onLoad.init", create "onLoad.init" in the DF folder, and add your changes to it.

tbh you kinda lost me in your explanation how to apply the fixes effectively. well, remove the selection on pure bugfixes has solved the issue and i never had a problem with "stuck doors" and when i get to the point that my prisoners starve then i either develope a way around it or enable this script and work with the errors. my original question was if the many red error lines would be introducing some weird behaviors and if that would be a problem for the gameplay. also i am sure that dfhack gets updated and the red error messages will disappear. till then i work with the current version without the bugfixes from dfhack.

regarding the "cleanup" command you showed me, is this the "Performance Tweaks" option in the starter pack, regarding the tooltip it seems to be the case so maybe that will help. its just kinda sad because my cpu isn't old and quadcore doesn't help with the game. the only thing holding this game down is the lategame fps sadly.

salithus

• Bay Watcher
  • gottagofast
    • View Profile
« Reply #1058 on: August 30, 2014, 06:35:50 pm »

tbh you kinda lost me in your explanation how to apply the fixes effectively. well, remove the selection on pure bugfixes has solved the issue and i never had a problem with "stuck doors" and when i get to the point that my prisoners starve then i either develope a way around it or enable this script and work with the errors. my original question was if the many red error lines would be introducing some weird behaviors and if that would be a problem for the gameplay. also i am sure that dfhack gets updated and the red error messages will disappear. till then i work with the current version without the bugfixes from dfhack.

regarding the "cleanup" command you showed me, is this the "Performance Tweaks" option in the starter pack, regarding the tooltip it seems to be the case so maybe that will help. its just kinda sad because my cpu isn't old and quadcore doesn't help with the game. the only thing holding this game down is the lategame fps sadly.

in the root folder, there's a "dfhack.init" file. First few lines look like this:
Spoiler: Starter Pack Extras (click to show/hide)

1) Create a copy of LNP_dfhack_onLoad.init called onLoad.init.
2) Make edits to onLoad.init to get it working the way you'd like on world load.
3) The last line in the code above in dfhack.init to:
Code: [Select]
:lua dfhack.onStateChange.onloadscript = function(state) if state == SC_WORLD_LOADED then print((dfhack.run_command('script onLoad.init'))) end end

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1059 on: August 30, 2014, 07:18:59 pm »

Thanks for clearing that up. I was suggesting making a copy of that line, rather than replacing it entirely, but that works as well (if you don't care about what's in LNP_dfhack_onLoad.init).

salithus

• Bay Watcher
  • gottagofast
    • View Profile
« Reply #1060 on: August 30, 2014, 07:32:09 pm »

Thanks for clearing that up. I was suggesting making a copy of that line, rather than replacing it entirely, but that works as well (if you don't care about what's in LNP_dfhack_onLoad.init).
oh that's a good point. I was firing up r2 for the first time myself, so I just blew away the LNP file D:

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1061 on: August 30, 2014, 07:56:22 pm »

Another thing - ":lua dfhack.onStateChange.onloadscript" might need to be changed (e.g. to ":lua dfhack.onStateChange.onloadscript2") to function correctly.
This would be much simpler if DFHack supported a global onLoad.init - it's certainly possible, and I'll see if I can implement it in the next release.

PeridexisErrant

• Bay Watcher
  • Dai stihó, Hrasht.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1062 on: August 30, 2014, 08:11:16 pm »

Hi all - it looks like the repeating commands I was using before aren't working as I expected in DFHack 2014.  I've just taken out the repeating function for the next version, but if anyone works out why it was broken and how to fix it I'd love to hear about it.

About "LNP_dfhack_onLoad.init":  it's a file of dfhack commands, which is re-written by the launcher every time you open DF or close the launcher based on the dfhack tab.  The commands are defined by "LNP/LNPWin.txt", so if you want to change them look there. 

Another thing - ":lua dfhack.onStateChange.onloadscript" might need to be changed (e.g. to ":lua dfhack.onStateChange.onloadscript2") to function correctly.
This would be much simpler if DFHack supported a global onLoad.init - it's certainly possible, and I'll see if I can implement it in the next release.
Awesome, I'm only using this convoluted system because it was suggested when I asked about a global onLoad.init  :P
I maintain the DF Starter Pack - over a million downloads and still counting!
 Donations here.

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1063 on: August 30, 2014, 08:13:34 pm »

Hi all - it looks like the repeating commands I was using before aren't working as I expected in DFHack 2014.  I've just taken out the repeating function for the next version, but if anyone works out why it was broken and how to fix it I'd love to hear about it.
Instead of "-time 1 months", use "-time 1 -timeUnits months". '-time "1 months"' might work as well, but I haven't tested it.

PeridexisErrant

• Bay Watcher
  • Dai stihó, Hrasht.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1064 on: August 30, 2014, 08:18:44 pm »

I tried the -timeUnits thing, and no luck.  Given my free time at the moment I'm just going to let them run on each load, and get TwbT working instead.
I maintain the DF Starter Pack - over a million downloads and still counting!
 Donations here.
Pages: 1 ... 69 70 [71] 72 73 ... 385