Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 39

Author Topic: Backstabbing treasure hunters RTD: Epilouge - Kashyyk won!  (Read 60668 times)

Fenrir

• Bay Watcher
  • The Monstrous Wolf
    • View Profile
Re: Backstabbing treasure hunters RTD
« Reply #45 on: November 13, 2008, 01:26:13 pm »

I give my machete and the hammer parts to Banzayatc.

Use these to make some picks. You'll probably need more metal, though.
« Last Edit: November 13, 2008, 01:36:55 pm by Fenrir »

Banzayatc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: November 13, 2008, 01:28:18 pm »

Maybe you should wait until next turn. I'm skipping it, after all.

Fenrir

• Bay Watcher
  • The Monstrous Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: November 13, 2008, 01:32:08 pm »

If all this is assumed to be happening at once, I should give you the parts now so that they'll be in your possession during the next turn.

EDIT: Nevermind. I'm really sorry, but my brain hasn't been functioning today.

I assemble the hammer.
« Last Edit: November 13, 2008, 01:36:34 pm by Fenrir »

Jay Kayell

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Lazy Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: November 13, 2008, 01:36:22 pm »

I try to increase the magnitude of my powers by blasting a nearby rock with fire until it cracks
Decapitation - enjoy the difference

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile

I'll practice my mind powers by pulling water from the ground!

Might as well kill two birds with one stone :P

This shouldn't be too tough, seeing as how we're in a jungle. The ground should be fairly saturated.

Who's hunting??? I don't wanna starve to death!

Banzayatc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Relax, we have plenty of turns before food will run out.

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
  • One letter short of a wookie
    • View Profile

I start chopping at some trees around us, to get wood to build a camp.

Fenrir

• Bay Watcher
  • The Monstrous Wolf
    • View Profile

I had a corned-beef sandwich and some root beer. That should have my mind in working order again, so maybe I can get through the next turn without acting like a sober dwarf.

EDIT: I just noticed the new thread title. Quit whining and make with the rolling already! :P
« Last Edit: November 13, 2008, 04:44:15 pm by Fenrir »

Martian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Quit whining and make with the rolling already! :P
Had to wait for Kashyyk didn't I? :P Rolling coming up now.

EDIT: Here it is.

Fenrir: I assemble the hammer.
7 - 1 (No skill in item crafting) = 6
Fenrir works on his half finished hammer again and manages to finish it. He cleverly drills a hole through the rock by using another harder rock and a lot of sweat. He now has a hammer. It gives +1 to crafting things like stone or metal. It is also a mediocre weapon.

Jay: I try to increase the magnitude of my powers by blasting a nearby rock with fire until it cracks
5 + 3 (skill) = 8
Jay heats up a nearby rock till it is red hot. He waits a few seconds and fires again this time heating it till it glows cherry red and the sand nearby starts to form green glass. A few plants near him wilt. He concentrates hard on a nearby tree and fires a devastating blast at the rock heating one side till it starts to collapse under its weight and is nearly molten with the other side still cold. The rock cracks with a noise like a cannon. The tree is wilting slightly. He is also slightly more skilled, a few more such sessions could bring large benefits.

Webadict: I'll practice my mind powers by pulling water from the ground!
7 + 3 (skill) = 10
Webadict lifts water out of the ground and high into the air. He makes it do swirling patterns and suddenly there as a small rain of salts from it as he purifies it. He then lowers it into the water bottles. They are all full again. He also reports a strange formation of stone a couple of metres into the ground, it is perfectly flat and contains strange non-natural patterns. He has learned to sense ground and stone formations. +1 to discovery tasks involving geology.

Kashyyk: I start chopping at some trees around us, to get wood to build a camp.
9 -1 (No skill in wood chopping) = 8
Kashyyk has the wisdom to realize his machete is useless against the giants of the jungle and chops down a large amounts of saplings. By planting a few trunks in the ground and tying the other trunks to them they could build a nice shelter. They can't really burn well as they're green; -1 to making a fire with them.

Banzayatc: Rest
Banzayatc rests for a while and feels fully recovered.

Wasp
6 =6
Attack:
5 = 5
Dodge:
8 = 8
The wasp is still relentlessly attacking Bansayatc (who admittedly tried to sever it into subatomic particles). But Bansayatc manages to dodge it.

More wild animals?
8 = 8
Bad news for the players is the large jaguar approaching from the north of the clearing. It had been disturbed by the woodcutting. More bad news is that it ambushed the players.
Roll for player ambushed. 1 - 5 in order of signup.
5 = 5
It jumps Jay from behind. -3 to his dodge.
Attack:
11 = 11
Dodge:
11 - 3 = 8
Damage caused:
7 = 7
The Jaguar jumps Jay from behind, its jaws sinking into the side of his skull (that's their preferred method of killing). His skull is broken. He is bleeding heavily and is stunned, -1 to further dodges until the end of the next turn.

Fenrir: Mind Powers Healing +1, Strength: +3 (+2, +1), has 1 machete (+1 to damage, -1 to CTH [chance to hit]), 1 dagger (-1 to damage, +1 to CTH), has 1 hammer (+1 to crafting using a hammer).

Banzayatc: +3 mind powers forces, has 1 machete (+1 to damage, -1 to CTH), 1 dagger (-1 to damage, +1 to CTH).

Webadict: +3 mind powers kinetic, +1 to sensing geological formations, has 1 rapier (+1 to damage, +2 to CTH), 1 dagger (-1 to damage, +1 to CTH).

Jay Kayell: +3 mind power forces, +1 CTH with mind forces, Can extract energy from plants, has 1 machete (+1 to damage, -1 to CTH), 1 dagger (-1 to damage, +1 to CTH). Stunned (-1 to all dodges until next turn ends), broken skull (painful), heavy bleeding (rolls for survival start next turn).

Kashyyk: +1 sense, +1 Mind powers kinetic, +1 CTH, has 1 machete (+1 to damage, -1 to CTH, +2 against flesh and bone, can shatter into shards against hard stuff like rock), 1 dagger (-1 to damage, +1 to CTH).

Everybody has enough food for 8 turns and enough water for 6. Each player is also wearing a shirt, belt with place for dagger and machete, long pants, socks, leather boots and has a quantum backpack.

The group find themselves in a slight clearing about 10m in radius. There is a pile of freshly cut saplings in the middle.
« Last Edit: November 13, 2008, 05:45:58 pm by Martian »

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Backstabbing treasure hunters RTD: Turn 4 - Ambush!
« Reply #54 on: November 13, 2008, 05:51:10 pm »

Dang it! Someone help Jay!

I sever the ocular nerves in the jaguar's eyes, thereby blinding him!

Hey, I just got us food!

EDIT: I got something better...
« Last Edit: November 14, 2008, 10:59:18 am by webadict »

Banzayatc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: November 13, 2008, 05:55:52 pm »

If webadict's attack kills jaguar I'll just cook it with mild fire. If not, I'll throw a fireball at jaguar.
« Last Edit: November 13, 2008, 05:59:45 pm by Banzayatc »

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: November 13, 2008, 05:56:46 pm »

No, my attack won't kill it, you need to make sure it dies WITHOUT destroying the meat!

Banzayatc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: November 13, 2008, 05:59:23 pm »

Okay then.

I use fire magik to boil the beast's blood.

I suppose that will kill it without ruining the meat.

Martian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: November 13, 2008, 06:04:57 pm »

I see now my counter attack system won't really work well (as I'll be forced to choose how to counter attack.). Counter attacks are now removed.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: November 13, 2008, 06:08:05 pm »

Well then. Who's gonna keep Jay alive?
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 39