Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Best ship?

AngelxAlistair (Toy ship ahoy!)
- 2 (8.7%)
RichardxCyrielle (Yes, she's a side character. No, that does not make this any less cute.)
- 0 (0%)
MariaxSelinaxYurixNuriel (HAREM)
- 5 (21.7%)
RichardxCamille (The only couple who knew each other for longer than two months. Woo~)
- 1 (4.3%)
AshleyxConnyxNurielxBismuth (OPPOSING HAREM)
- 1 (4.3%)
LylexEveryone (An Uke and five Semes. Go figure.)
- 2 (8.7%)
AlistairxCatherine (Minako, eat your heart out.)
- 0 (0%)
MariaxSelina (The original, accept no substitutes.)
- 1 (4.3%)
LyleXRichard (Too much yuri, not enough yaoi.)
- 1 (4.3%)
IzzyxLucas (Because a normal tsundere is not enough.)
- 1 (4.3%)
WillxStella (*insert witty tagline here*)
- 2 (8.7%)
MariexEveryone (Marie, duh.)
- 2 (8.7%)
AshleyXRichard (Screw retcons, I want my OTP now!)
- 1 (4.3%)
MariaxMattxSelina (The original OT3. And who was Matt again?)
- 2 (8.7%)
Richard/CyriellexFourth Wall (Who didn't see this coming?)
- 2 (8.7%)

Total Members Voted: 23

Pages: 1 ... 250 251 [252] 253 254 ... 1030

Author Topic: Rise of the Magic Girls v2 OOC: MOAR LAMPSHADES PLEASE  (Read 970682 times)

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
Re: Rise of the Magic Girls v2 OOC: Oh mah gawd, the angst!
« Reply #3765 on: January 20, 2014, 04:13:11 pm »

Their misunderstood. That's like saying a dog is outright hostile to people because it bit someone.
If a dog attacks me, I'm going to respond.
If the dog is attacking me and a bunch of defenseless kids, the dog is going to regret it.
If the dog is also the size of a tiger, can fire poisonous spines, and so forth, that "dog" is going to be killed.

Well, if you had random travelers in abundance and had to eat large amounts of meat wouldn't you eat them?
No. What the hell?

It's kind of silly that everyone suddenly doesn't trust Kyle for some reason. Like, if it were just Will and Luna that would make sense but everyone suddenly distrusts him for no apparent reason.
What? We don't distrust Kyle, just his out-of-nowhere assumption that Ms. Newcomer is the serial killer.

It's kind of silly that everyone suddenly doesn't trust Kyle for some reason. Like, if it were just Will and Luna that would make sense but everyone suddenly distrusts him for no apparent reason.
Dude he indirectly advocated the deaths of school kids.
Kyle doesn't like the kids in his school.
And I don't like, um, the KKK, but I wouldn't want them all to die by manticore and the little fact that I don't like them doesn't justify it.
(The fact that they're KKK might help, but that's beside the point. They were the least evil group I could think of that I could honestly say I dislike.)

I think you all are just playing Kyle up as a bad guy for no reason.
Dude.
He's showing himself to not care about the lives of anyone he doesn't really know, compared to the lives of giant murderous monsters he just met and who tried to kill some of his friends. Well, at least one, I'm not sure how he feels about Cullodus and Catherine. That's showing a rather skewed set of priorities.
Then, he accused a girl of being a serial killer because he met her around the time he heard of the serial killer. (Note Will's comment on that logic for further information.) That is ignoring all kinds of due process ever.
I'd say we have a good case for Kyle being a bit of a "bad guy".

Well, if Kyle is such a horrible hatable character then why don't I just leave? Because seriously I'm getting sick off all the pokes at my character when I'm just playing him they way I think is best.
Then leave, if you aren't having fun.

His morality is practically Orange ad Blue to the rest of us. Salvageable. Maybe.

He can stay if I can add that to his tropes page. :P
And, you know, doesn't try to save monsters above their victims any more.

Myself, I understand Hainuwele but can't sympathize with her supposed backstory. Kyle is...understandable. Ish.
I understand Hai's motives but consider her actions immoral and her community frankly stupid. (Seriously! Fence and signs! No rocket science needed!)
Kyle...well, maybe if he ever explains why he values manticores over kids. And in a way that doesn't make me want to strangle him and throw him in jail. (Note that "strangle" does not mean lethally.)

You don't seem to understand. It's been happening the entire game! I try to just let it pass but really, it's starting to make me think that I'm playing this character badly and should just quite and join the next game with a character who has the exact same set of morals as everybody and just goes along with what they do like they're perfect fucking people!
We're not perfect. Everyone here has issues.
The difference is that we're not apathetic to the deaths of dozens of schoolkids just because we don't really like them.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #3766 on: January 20, 2014, 04:18:43 pm »

Well maybe if you would ask I could explain!

All I ever see when people talk about Kyle is jokes about his love life or talking about he's stupid.

In game no one seems to respect him enough to listen to him. Like for example, when he was talking about the manticores. No one even tried to stop them non-lethally when Kyle had shown it was possible and then he gets yelled at when he gets upset about it!

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
  • Death and I, we have an understanding
    • View Profile
« Reply #3767 on: January 20, 2014, 04:19:41 pm »

I point out, I can understand how KJ is feeling. the passive aggressiveness in the OOC can be opressively bad. I PMd Elf about it before

and for the defence of Kyle, I will say one thing

GWG, be silent!. Nobody cares about your moral superiority, nor what you feel is *stupid*

we are playing moraly grey characters because that's what we like to play. It's role-play, where you think of a character and play that characters role. that means considering the characters circumstances and acting accordingly. Not everybody has fun just playing idealised self-inserts.

so for the sake of the fun of the players, quit just giving comments on everything, we are not commenting on Will all the time either (and there is much tos ay, seriously)

you might not perceive it that way, but you are occasionaly very condescending. And that can drasticaly reduce the fun of some players.

this is not a game about being right or wrong, so stop trying to prove so hard that you are right about everything.

nobody wants KJ to quit
Find comfort in that most people of intelligence jeer at the inmost mysteries, if superior minds were ever placed in fullest contact with the secrets preserved by
 ancient and lowly cults, the resultant abnormalities would soon not only wreck the world, but threathen the very ingerity of the cosmos

Twi

• Bay Watcher
  • ✨heterotemporality✨
    • View Profile
« Reply #3768 on: January 20, 2014, 04:21:26 pm »

Yeah, that's fair. Bismuth's bloodthirsty and all that, though, so there's no arguing there.

Saying he values the manticores over the kids is still not going to make him popular, no matter what. We'll probably have to accept that different moralities WILL cause conflicts. I don't think this quite counts though.

I suspect most people still kind of view Kyle as comic relief.

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3769 on: January 20, 2014, 04:24:39 pm »

to be fair, I doubt he is really chosing manticores over school children. afterall he tamed one of them and lead him away, which is, assuming that mind-controle thing is reliable, a much better solution than anything we have done. nobody knows why the manticores are here, and they are mostly acting out of instinct.

by all accords, kyles approach WAS the most humane solution.

it DOES however also make sense from everyone elses perspective that they just wanna kill them on the spot. They have been fighting and exploding monsters for years now, and once you are powerful enough to do so, you won't stop to think twice about wether this is the best way. remember, if all you ever use is a hammer, everything looks like a nail
Find comfort in that most people of intelligence jeer at the inmost mysteries, if superior minds were ever placed in fullest contact with the secrets preserved by
 ancient and lowly cults, the resultant abnormalities would soon not only wreck the world, but threathen the very ingerity of the cosmos

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3770 on: January 20, 2014, 04:26:11 pm »

The thing is at most they'd been fighting monsters and such for about three or four months. Not years.

Twi

• Bay Watcher
  • ✨heterotemporality✨
    • View Profile
« Reply #3771 on: January 20, 2014, 04:26:23 pm »

to be fair, I doubt he is really chosing manticores over school children. afterall he tamed one of them and lead him away, which is, assuming that mind-controle thing is reliable, a much better solution than anything we have done. nobody knows why the manticores are here, and they are mostly acting out of instinct.

it DOES however also make sense from everyone elses perspective that they just wanna kill them on the spot. They have been fighting and exploding monsters for years now, and once you are powerful enough to do so, you won't stop to think twice about wether this is the best way. remember, if all you ever use is a hammer, everything looks like a nail
Pretty much this.

If Kyle had been lucky and not stuck with some of the most murderous party members he could have probably pulled it off.

There's really no excuse for the suspicion of Jacq though. Either you're paranoid enough to not trust or you're not. Our little lovey dovey utopian Nanoha community homeless shelter is in the latter camp.

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
« Reply #3772 on: January 20, 2014, 04:27:59 pm »

-snip-

Twi

• Bay Watcher
  • ✨heterotemporality✨
    • View Profile

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3774 on: January 20, 2014, 04:29:00 pm »

well, I was assuming it was longer, by the sheer scale of stuff happening.

but the point remains. if you have a hammer, everything looks like a nail. very common thing in pretty much any RPG. your character is a fighter, all his stats are put in swords and defence, this is what he does best, and there is a monster runing about that is about to eat some children. why would he even think about any alternatives if he can just behead them so easily.

Kyle did great here, some real out of the box stuff (unless he does that all the time?)

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3775 on: January 20, 2014, 04:29:53 pm »

Yeah, that's fair. Bismuth's bloodthirsty and all that, though, so there's no arguing there.

Saying he values the manticores over the kids is still not going to make him popular, no matter what. We'll probably have to accept that different moralities WILL cause conflicts. I don't think this quite counts though.

I suspect most people still kind of view Kyle as comic relief.

That. That pisses me off more than the pokes to his character. I did write Kyle to be a comic relief. I never wrote him to be completely serious either but that still really make me angry.

Pretty much this.

If Kyle had been lucky and not stuck with some of the most murderous party members he could have probably pulled it off.

There's really no excuse for the suspicion of Jacq though. Either you're paranoid enough to not trust or you're not. Our little lovey dovey utopian Nanoha community homeless shelter is in the latter camp.

I think Kyle is kind of justified given the fact no one seems to ever listen to him and now they just let some random person into the house.

well, I was assuming it was longer, by the sheer scale of stuff happening.

but the point remains. if you have a hammer, everything looks like a nail. very common thing in pretty much any RPG. your character is a fighter, all his stats are put in swords and defence, this is what he does best, and there is a monster runing about that is about to eat some children. why would he even think about any alternatives if he can just behead them so easily.

Kyle did great here, some real out of the box stuff (unless he does that all the time?)

Well, it depends. Outwardly hostile to Kyle or his friends is instant murder. Otherwise it's friendly once they calm down.

Twi

• Bay Watcher
  • ✨heterotemporality✨
    • View Profile
« Reply #3776 on: January 20, 2014, 04:31:06 pm »

Our little lovey dovey utopian Nanoha community homeless shelter
This for the second part. For the first part...eh?

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #3777 on: January 20, 2014, 04:31:35 pm »

I just like watching your characters generate negative emotions. That's the primary reason I'm here and being passive-aggressive.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
« Reply #3778 on: January 20, 2014, 04:31:54 pm »

Right, now that I get my bearings...

GWG, Kyle can be characterised however Kj wants, long as it doesn't lead him to doing a Darnos and permanently fucking up the world/players.

If I seriously have to get more arguments over the actions of characters that aren't hideously game breaking and aren't in character (which it is for Kyle) I will shut down the thread, both IC and OOC. Am I to be understood? This is directed at everyone.

Twi

• Bay Watcher
  • ✨heterotemporality✨
    • View Profile
« Reply #3779 on: January 20, 2014, 04:32:56 pm »

Right, now that I get my bearings...

GWG, Kyle can be characterised however Kj wants, long as it doesn't lead him to doing a Darnos and permanently fucking up the world/players.

If I seriously have to get more arguments over the actions of characters that aren't hideously game breaking and aren't in character (which it is for Kyle) I will shut down the thread, both IC and OOC. Am I to be understood? This is directed at everyone.
* Twi assumes the Blue Meanie position.

No your Blueness!

I mean yes. :P
Pages: 1 ... 250 251 [252] 253 254 ... 1030