Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Best ship?

AngelxAlistair (Toy ship ahoy!)
- 2 (8.7%)
RichardxCyrielle (Yes, she's a side character. No, that does not make this any less cute.)
- 0 (0%)
MariaxSelinaxYurixNuriel (HAREM)
- 5 (21.7%)
RichardxCamille (The only couple who knew each other for longer than two months. Woo~)
- 1 (4.3%)
AshleyxConnyxNurielxBismuth (OPPOSING HAREM)
- 1 (4.3%)
LylexEveryone (An Uke and five Semes. Go figure.)
- 2 (8.7%)
AlistairxCatherine (Minako, eat your heart out.)
- 0 (0%)
MariaxSelina (The original, accept no substitutes.)
- 1 (4.3%)
LyleXRichard (Too much yuri, not enough yaoi.)
- 1 (4.3%)
IzzyxLucas (Because a normal tsundere is not enough.)
- 1 (4.3%)
WillxStella (*insert witty tagline here*)
- 2 (8.7%)
MariexEveryone (Marie, duh.)
- 2 (8.7%)
AshleyXRichard (Screw retcons, I want my OTP now!)
- 1 (4.3%)
MariaxMattxSelina (The original OT3. And who was Matt again?)
- 2 (8.7%)
Richard/CyriellexFourth Wall (Who didn't see this coming?)
- 2 (8.7%)

Total Members Voted: 23

Pages: 1 ... 255 256 [257] 258 259 ... 1030

Author Topic: Rise of the Magic Girls v2 OOC: MOAR LAMPSHADES PLEASE  (Read 970400 times)

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
Re: Rise of the Magic Girls v2 OOC: Oh mah gawd, the angst!
« Reply #3840 on: January 20, 2014, 05:21:14 pm »

I thought Maria went missing.:P
And so did Anima.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3841 on: January 20, 2014, 05:23:04 pm »

at GWG, because excuse me Elf, this is important: You should not get so moraly worked up at a game. We are talking about a fictional game with fictional manticores eating fictional children. Getting angry about it IC, sure thing. Getting angry about it OOC - you should take a break from the game, take a breather, have a tea and maybe watch some cat videos on youtube, and then return to the game when you are not angry anymore. One must NOT continue playing the game when you are genuinely angry. Nobody is benefiting from that. It's not fun for you when you get angry at the game, and not fun for KJ when you get angry at him over it. Unless you are enjoying all these arguements so much, in that case, I'd ask Elf to consider the implications.

No children died. it's fiction. why would anyone get angry at that?
Again, it's not the character's I'm annoyed at. It's the people trying to justify their characters actions. And I do enjoy a good debate...not that it's easy to keep them on the "debate" side around here for some reason.
Also seriously is your enter key coated in jam or something?

and no, of COURSE it's not the easiest thing in the world to save children from manticores. I am not sure what kinda difficulty level Elf has been running here, but difficulty is a good thing, else there is no sense of achievement. Those were half a dozen mythological beasts, and they were utterly destroyed, the threat level was 0. It was a genuinely boring encounter (no offense elf, probably not your fault. I gather you picked this game up from someone else...that someone should have kept everyone's powerlevel at check while he still could. as the characters are now, it's pretty hard to really create a situatio that is difficult to handle)
Yeah, this started out as scapheap's game. It was an alien invasion, so threats were pretty major.

Factor in that combat has been out of focus for a while and...yeah.

Sen is...quite bored and not paying attention to Mind talk.
Those two factors do not combine. Does not compute.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #3842 on: January 20, 2014, 05:24:40 pm »

I thought Maria went missing.:P
And so did Anima.

Oh no! Kyle must save his potential love interest!

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #3843 on: January 20, 2014, 05:26:09 pm »

Who the hell is Anima anyway?
Or Maria for that matter? Never seen either.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Twi

• Bay Watcher
  • ✨heterotemporality✨
    • View Profile
« Reply #3844 on: January 20, 2014, 05:27:32 pm »

Only the main Ms. Fanservice.

Also, GWG, I already told you. Your actions tend to make KJ feel like he has to justify himself to you. I don't blame him. When I get your big retcon/summary posts at me I feel the same way. Every time. Whether you intend it or not, that's the effect it has.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3845 on: January 20, 2014, 05:28:06 pm »

Maria is the character Elf played in the original RotMG and continues to do so here. Selina's primary love interest, person whose house everyone's crashing in.
Anima is her alternate form.

Also, GWG, I already told you. Your actions tend to make KJ feel like he has to justify himself to you. I don't blame him. When I get your big retcon/summary posts at me I feel the same way. Every time. Whether you intend it or not, that's the effect it has.
I don't get why. Any insights?
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3846 on: January 20, 2014, 05:28:43 pm »

Only the main Ms. Fanservice.
Which really doesn't mean much considering what some of the female cast members wear.
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3847 on: January 20, 2014, 05:29:31 pm »

Really, has anyone ever defined what people were wearing when they weren't going to a formal ball or the beach?

Also, dinnertime for real this time.
Sig

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3848 on: January 20, 2014, 05:29:31 pm »

To put it nonbluntly, GWG, you're an aggressive debator and it shows.
Sig! Onol

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3849 on: January 20, 2014, 05:30:21 pm »

Really, has anyone ever defined what people were wearing when they weren't going to a formal ball or the beach?

*Raises hand*

Twi

• Bay Watcher
  • ✨heterotemporality✨
    • View Profile
« Reply #3850 on: January 20, 2014, 05:30:21 pm »

Snip
Well, GWG, if I-
Snip
questioned everything your character did while I was away
Snip
in detail, in a way that generally construes them as unintelligent
Snip
and otherwise gave a point-by-point complaint list,
Snip
it might feel a lot like I'm trying to refute your character OOC.
« Last Edit: January 20, 2014, 05:32:01 pm by Twi »

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3851 on: January 20, 2014, 05:30:55 pm »

Actually, yes. There have been occasions.
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #3852 on: January 20, 2014, 05:31:26 pm »

Maria is the character Elf played in the original RotMG and continues to do so here. Selina's primary love interest, person whose house everyone's crashing in.
Anima is her alternate form.

I don't get why. Any insights?

Almost all of your retcons seem to focus on Kyle's actions and why their stupid.

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
  • Death and I, we have an understanding
    • View Profile
« Reply #3853 on: January 20, 2014, 05:36:22 pm »

as far as action justification goes, just replace the mantikors in the school with tigers

now imagine someone walking in with a flamethrower and burning them to death, instead of just trying to block some doors and lead the children out safely until backup has arrived to detain the tigers safely. nobody would have even for a second considered blasting the tigers to smitherens with super powers would be a better option than tranquilizzer darts.

if that viewpoint is so hard to understand, then you really have a problem of shifting your point of view.

why would a manticore be more deserving of death than a tiger, and why would kyle saving one of them be a heinous deed?

I mean sure, one of them attacked you, and killing that one was very much justified in that situation, but when we set out to find the other ones with the single goal to kill them, we were all being sort of psychopaths, and Kyle was the only one who did the right thing

as far as "good debate" goes, I have PMd Elf about you more than once, and he said he talked to you about it. Now there is KJ. You might not notice it, because as you have shown, viewpoints are not your forte, but I strongly urge you that when people ask you to stop your condescending tone or they will quit the game, that maybe what you perceive as a debate is strongly insulting to others. we do not WANT to debate with you. it has been made clear that what you are doing is making it hard for us to enjoy the game. so please, please consider what constitutes as a good debate, and what constitutes as you just calling people wrong and stupid for being wrong
this is not a thread about being right or wrong. its just this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uQl5aYhkF3E
Find comfort in that most people of intelligence jeer at the inmost mysteries, if superior minds were ever placed in fullest contact with the secrets preserved by
 ancient and lowly cults, the resultant abnormalities would soon not only wreck the world, but threathen the very ingerity of the cosmos

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3854 on: January 20, 2014, 05:37:36 pm »

Basically you're too blunt.
I think; I forget the exact word.
Sig! Onol
Pages: 1 ... 255 256 [257] 258 259 ... 1030