Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Best ship?

AngelxAlistair (Toy ship ahoy!)
- 2 (8.7%)
RichardxCyrielle (Yes, she's a side character. No, that does not make this any less cute.)
- 0 (0%)
MariaxSelinaxYurixNuriel (HAREM)
- 5 (21.7%)
RichardxCamille (The only couple who knew each other for longer than two months. Woo~)
- 1 (4.3%)
AshleyxConnyxNurielxBismuth (OPPOSING HAREM)
- 1 (4.3%)
LylexEveryone (An Uke and five Semes. Go figure.)
- 2 (8.7%)
AlistairxCatherine (Minako, eat your heart out.)
- 0 (0%)
MariaxSelina (The original, accept no substitutes.)
- 1 (4.3%)
LyleXRichard (Too much yuri, not enough yaoi.)
- 1 (4.3%)
IzzyxLucas (Because a normal tsundere is not enough.)
- 1 (4.3%)
WillxStella (*insert witty tagline here*)
- 2 (8.7%)
MariexEveryone (Marie, duh.)
- 2 (8.7%)
AshleyXRichard (Screw retcons, I want my OTP now!)
- 1 (4.3%)
MariaxMattxSelina (The original OT3. And who was Matt again?)
- 2 (8.7%)
Richard/CyriellexFourth Wall (Who didn't see this coming?)
- 2 (8.7%)

Total Members Voted: 23

Pages: 1 ... 375 376 [377] 378 379 ... 1030

Author Topic: Rise of the Magic Girls v2 OOC: MOAR LAMPSHADES PLEASE  (Read 970560 times)

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
Re: Rise of the Magic Girls v2 OOC: Oh mah gawd, the angst!
« Reply #5640 on: February 04, 2014, 01:21:59 pm »

Either statment.

Twi

• Bay Watcher
  • ✨heterotemporality✨
    • View Profile
« Reply #5641 on: February 04, 2014, 01:58:00 pm »

Yo, thread!

I'm busy doing math ferociously to see if Neferis has a shot in hell of performing her action.

I need two estimates: the contact area of her hands (strength is measured in force over area, so I need the area) and her strength compared to normal clay. Preferably in metric units.

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
  • Death and I, we have an understanding
    • View Profile
« Reply #5642 on: February 04, 2014, 02:00:22 pm »

whats her action?
Find comfort in that most people of intelligence jeer at the inmost mysteries, if superior minds were ever placed in fullest contact with the secrets preserved by
 ancient and lowly cults, the resultant abnormalities would soon not only wreck the world, but threathen the very ingerity of the cosmos

Twi

• Bay Watcher
  • ✨heterotemporality✨
    • View Profile
« Reply #5643 on: February 04, 2014, 02:04:12 pm »

Her action was to try to mess with Dumah's legs to throw off its aim. I figure if I can establish how hard it is for her to support it... (not necessarily lift, mind, I have no idea about her 'muscle' ability, because how the hell am I supposed to figure out her power. I mean, I could figure out how much work is needed to lift Dumah an appreciable distance and then try to figure out if she contains enough energy to do so, or I could try to figure out how much power Dumah's weight is capable of generating and figure out if Neferis can do higher. Either one sounds difficult.)

Anyways, if I can establish that, I can probably get a reasonable DC estimate for this particular action.

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5644 on: February 04, 2014, 02:05:04 pm »

her stats say that she has a strength of 40, and also weighs several tons

to wrestle someone out of the way, that should be helpful. I am thinking Dumah is more of a char with huge magic related stats, rather than raw strength
Find comfort in that most people of intelligence jeer at the inmost mysteries, if superior minds were ever placed in fullest contact with the secrets preserved by
 ancient and lowly cults, the resultant abnormalities would soon not only wreck the world, but threathen the very ingerity of the cosmos

Twi

• Bay Watcher
  • ✨heterotemporality✨
    • View Profile
« Reply #5645 on: February 04, 2014, 02:06:44 pm »

Yeah, but we never established what that strength means. As for her weight, kind of irrelevant except maybe in determining whether she'd topple over if she lifts Dumah. although if you can find a way to relate that to compressive strength, more power to ya!

oh god the math this is the best physics problem ever

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5646 on: February 04, 2014, 02:08:30 pm »

her strength means she takes a strength roll and adds 40 to it, and Dumah makes an opposed strength roll + whatever strength she has

since she is currently aiming and charging, she might be standing still, so the relevant dex roll might not be relevant.

Twi

• Bay Watcher
  • ✨heterotemporality✨
    • View Profile
« Reply #5647 on: February 04, 2014, 02:09:41 pm »

Mechanically, yes, but Rag has established that Dumah masses approximately 66 metric tons.

That is a lot. :I

RangerCado

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5648 on: February 04, 2014, 02:10:20 pm »

her stats say that she has a strength of 40, and also weighs several tons

to wrestle someone out of the way, that should be helpful. I am thinking Dumah is more of a char with huge magic related stats, rather than raw strength
...With Selina weighing out at about 30-40 lbs do to having wings modified on her, Neferis could probably throw her farther than most army sniper rifles could shoot given the right conditions... She could also do this with Meme... A flying ball of fur... This game just makes me want to watch anime more!
The best ship is the one where one of them is literally allergic to the other~
Quote from: NakaTeleeli
"A room ain't messy less you can't find nothin!"
[/quote]

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5649 on: February 04, 2014, 02:11:13 pm »

yeahh...thats pretty silly. Either he was applying some poetic exageration or it's not thought out very well.

Twi

• Bay Watcher
  • ✨heterotemporality✨
    • View Profile
« Reply #5650 on: February 04, 2014, 02:12:12 pm »

Actually it makes sense. Rag used the Scorpion from Halo as reference. That is a tank. Dumah is a giant robot walker thing. It's not that unreasonable, the things at least 5 times as tall as a person judging from the sketch he made.
EDIT: Looked at it, 8 person heights.
« Last Edit: February 04, 2014, 02:14:25 pm by Twi »

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5651 on: February 04, 2014, 02:13:43 pm »

I kinda feel like I have missed something, if Dumah is some huge mech angel thing, whatever happened to the vessel she snatched in the asylum?

also, I missed the scetch, link?

Twi

• Bay Watcher
  • ✨heterotemporality✨
    • View Profile
« Reply #5652 on: February 04, 2014, 02:15:47 pm »

It pretty much formed around her.  IIRC, she lifted up into what became the 'body'.
Also, I don't think it's spoiling anything at this point,  so here you go. The top thing is a sketch of what it's doing right now- CHARGING ITS LAZOR. :v

Twi

• Bay Watcher
  • ✨heterotemporality✨
    • View Profile
« Reply #5653 on: February 04, 2014, 02:38:30 pm »

Yo, thread!

I'm busy doing math ferociously to see if Neferis has a shot in hell of performing her action.

I need two estimates: the contact area of her hands (strength is measured in force over area, so I need the area) and her strength compared to normal clay. Preferably in metric units.
Her action was to try to mess with Dumah's legs to throw off its aim. I figure if I can establish how hard it is for her to support it... (not necessarily lift, mind, I have no idea about her 'muscle' ability, because how the hell am I supposed to figure out her power. I mean, I could figure out how much work is needed to lift Dumah an appreciable distance and then try to figure out if she contains enough energy to do so, or I could try to figure out how much power Dumah's weight is capable of generating and figure out if Neferis can do higher. Either one sounds difficult.)

Anyways, if I can establish that, I can probably get a reasonable DC estimate for this particular action.
Yeah, but we never established what that strength means. As for her weight, kind of irrelevant except maybe in determining whether she'd topple over if she lifts Dumah. although if you can find a way to relate that to compressive strength, more power to ya!

oh god the math this is the best physics problem ever
Mechanically, yes, but Rag has established that Dumah masses approximately 66 metric tons.

That is a lot. :I
Bump for great estimating justice.

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5654 on: February 04, 2014, 02:40:55 pm »

well, I'd say there is little to no chance of throwing of that things aim, unless it's a str crit
Pages: 1 ... 375 376 [377] 378 379 ... 1030