Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Best ship?

AngelxAlistair (Toy ship ahoy!)
- 2 (8.7%)
RichardxCyrielle (Yes, she's a side character. No, that does not make this any less cute.)
- 0 (0%)
MariaxSelinaxYurixNuriel (HAREM)
- 5 (21.7%)
RichardxCamille (The only couple who knew each other for longer than two months. Woo~)
- 1 (4.3%)
AshleyxConnyxNurielxBismuth (OPPOSING HAREM)
- 1 (4.3%)
LylexEveryone (An Uke and five Semes. Go figure.)
- 2 (8.7%)
AlistairxCatherine (Minako, eat your heart out.)
- 0 (0%)
MariaxSelina (The original, accept no substitutes.)
- 1 (4.3%)
LyleXRichard (Too much yuri, not enough yaoi.)
- 1 (4.3%)
IzzyxLucas (Because a normal tsundere is not enough.)
- 1 (4.3%)
WillxStella (*insert witty tagline here*)
- 2 (8.7%)
MariexEveryone (Marie, duh.)
- 2 (8.7%)
AshleyXRichard (Screw retcons, I want my OTP now!)
- 1 (4.3%)
MariaxMattxSelina (The original OT3. And who was Matt again?)
- 2 (8.7%)
Richard/CyriellexFourth Wall (Who didn't see this coming?)
- 2 (8.7%)

Total Members Voted: 23

Pages: 1 ... 390 391 [392] 393 394 ... 1030

Author Topic: Rise of the Magic Girls v2 OOC: MOAR LAMPSHADES PLEASE  (Read 970423 times)

ragnarok97071

• Bay Watcher
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
    • View Profile
Re: Rise of the Magic Girls v2 OOC: Oh mah gawd, the angst!
« Reply #5865 on: February 05, 2014, 08:00:21 pm »

Okay. Spoilers ho, if you care.

No post tonight.
There will be pne tomorrow, and at that point, combat will end, one way or the other.
Regardless of how it goes, we will move on to either phase 2a or 2b afterward.

Also, I blame not knowing Han's alt act on Twi.
Quote from: Wing, via Discord
I want a coat that doesn't make me look like a rear admiral from the East India Company

Twi

• Bay Watcher
  • ✨heterotemporality✨
    • View Profile
« Reply #5866 on: February 05, 2014, 08:19:29 pm »

Don't blame me for ANYTHING, boy. Neferis is attacking that painting.
:I

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5867 on: February 05, 2014, 08:20:05 pm »

Don't blame me for ANYTHING, boy. Neferis is attacking that painting.
:I

Who with the what know?

Twi

• Bay Watcher
  • ✨heterotemporality✨
    • View Profile
« Reply #5868 on: February 05, 2014, 08:28:03 pm »

Well, Rag derped Nef's earlier action out of attacking Seles/Asariel cuz he thought the painting was safe. The 'Nef's target is not a thing' line.

Except it's actually REALLY vulnerable.

Nef could probably just crunch it up like a wad of paper, leaving Seles a shattered and gibbed mess.

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5869 on: February 05, 2014, 08:29:31 pm »

Well, Rag derped Nef's earlier action out of attacking Seles/Asariel cuz he thought the painting was safe.

Except it's actually REALLY vulnerable.

Nef could probably just crunch it up like a wad of paper, leaving Seles a shattered and gibbed mess.

I guess... Neferis is only going up against obvious threats though, and probably would attack Dumah instead.

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #5870 on: February 05, 2014, 08:29:53 pm »

You guys do remember that the paintings are really tough to harm and that Cyrielle had to use distortions to cause a small hole in the one right?

Twi

• Bay Watcher
  • ✨heterotemporality✨
    • View Profile
« Reply #5871 on: February 05, 2014, 08:33:57 pm »

((Also, Selesarna is definatly not safe in the painting. Emp is right. Cut the painting and target will return back to the 3-d world cut up and in pieces most likely dead. Grand is unable to do this, but a normal being should be able to. But it can only be done by someone of the same or opposing affinity of the painted individual. Also, I agree with Akroma, Hainuwele should have went before Grand clones. Also the one who trapped Selesarna faded as well since it cast the spell.))

Yo Rag, I noticed you forgot Shys'm Caes's action for this. :P

Here, I'll prove it.
Spoiler: Turn 4 Redux (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: February 05, 2014, 08:54:04 pm by Twi »

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5872 on: February 05, 2014, 09:11:58 pm »

She got a free, no penalty attempt to escape because she's a bloody SERAPH with power over curses, which the painting is. She used her free standard action to escape, and then her -10, both MIND actions, unaffected by DEX, to use her Sigil.

Tl;Dr, she's one of the gorram SERAPHIM, of course she's broke as fuck, even lessened as she is.
Firstly, if being trapped in a painting is a "curse," is being set on fire a curse? How about having your chi screwed with? Or a paper cut inflicted by Yomiko, is that a curse? How about if the seraph was too sexy for her shirt, would she be able to shrug that off?
Also,
And you just tell us this now?
No, the part that you just now told us.
And no one cares that she's a seraph.
Seriously. What does "seraph" tell us if it isn't accompanied with an explanation of what seraphs are and do in this world, because it varies so effing much between universes.

Ak, you should add a "I don't really give a fuck, shut the fuck up with the stupid fucking arguments and rule lawyerings and just play the fucking free form roleplaying game on internet." option. Holy fucking shit guys, it doesn't fucking matter. Most of us don't actually give a shit and are taking it like men. Chill the fuck down and shut the fuck up.
It bugs me that rag's putting us up against these two OP bosses, screwing up the actions (either by omission or misinterpretation), screwing with the combat system (which incidentally ruins balance and also incidentally greatly benefits the enemy), and adding new unstated and even unhintedat abilities which happen to make the players' actions all but useless.
Then he refuses to change when asked. He even leaves out some of the skipped actions from his "redux"! I'd rather have Pete as a GM. He at least leaves a way out.

-snip-
Dammit guys, you're taking all the good points! It's no fun to debate anymore. :'(
(Just kidding, incidentally.)

Oh no, I'm okay with the angels being OP, I just think that in the future, Rag should stop trying to GM on weekdays. :P
That said, IN THE PRESENT, RAG SHOULD STOP TRYING TO GM ON WEEKDAYS.
Blame not on malice what can be blamed on rushing, lack of sleep and bold ideas.
Of course, if he only GMs on weekends, combat would be unbearably slow. I mean, it's pretty effing slow right now. Incidentally, I apologize for all the times I complained about combat and such being over in a few hours when I'm out--that's much better than a single fight taking half a month. Hell, I kinda want another Not!Selina incident, just so something interesting happens.

I dunno, the angel seem perfectly beatable to me. The party's just been rolling like ass.
The enemies have unknown but presumably absurd HP totals, abilities which, how to put this, fornicate logic and balance up the colon, and also have attacks of absurd power. In addition, the rules bent in their favor (how many people have enough Dexterity to profit from the extra-actions rule? None, I'm thinking), and new abilities seem to be added when convenient (control over curses, which seems like a GM saving throw more than anything). I'd be surprised if good rolls changed much.

A TPK (or close to it) plus the destruction of Northdale (or most of it) plus an apocalypse (or a handwave excuse for why they didn't) seems like the likeliest outcome if nothing changes.

On a different topic, I propose a dex penalty for consecutive dodges. Dodging one or two attacks ain't no big thing, but when it's raining attacks from all directions, it should gradualy become more difficult to evade them
+1, makes sense.

-snip-
Greetings! We're all probably going to die before you can come in, but in case we don't stats do in fact matter.

Well, the fact that Crynn is male..
:P
And that Lyle has a good amount of ship tease with male characters...

There will be pne tomorrow, and at that point, combat will end, one way or the other.
The way things are going...TPK tomorrow. Or else Arya's going to collect her homeowner's insurance.

You guys do remember that the paintings are really tough to harm and that Cyrielle had to use distortions to cause a small hole in the one right?
I do not remember that, but do you remember when I pointed out that Neferis's density proved that she cannot be made of anything like conventional matter? She should be able to do something to it.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Twi

• Bay Watcher
  • ✨heterotemporality✨
    • View Profile
« Reply #5873 on: February 05, 2014, 09:20:21 pm »

Even if 40 strength and absurd density isn't worth something, Shys'm Caes is.

So yeah, despite my attempts to be calm and not angry at rag I find more and more reasons to join the  'what the hell, Rag?' camp.

If I trusted myself with balance (which I don't) and not fudging rolls (which I don't) I'd offer myself to take over future battles. But blaaaaaaaaaaaaah.

Twi

• Bay Watcher
  • ✨heterotemporality✨
    • View Profile
« Reply #5874 on: February 05, 2014, 09:23:05 pm »

Also, notes: Seles has a thousand health. Dumah is more reasonable.

Seles had control over curses for a while, that's nothing Rag came up with on the spot.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5875 on: February 05, 2014, 09:34:42 pm »

Also, notes: Seles has a thousand health. Dumah is more reasonable.
Which isn't saying much.

Seles had control over curses for a while, that's nothing Rag came up with on the spot.
Do you see how it would seem like that too us folks who don't conspire on Skype?

((I once had someone reply to a post of mine, with a quote from a long-dead thread, in one second.))
((Wat.))
At one point, an inquisitive post of mine was posted. One second later, according to the forum, a post was posted that answered my question by quoting the Perplexicon thread.
« Last Edit: February 05, 2014, 09:36:50 pm by GreatWyrmGold »
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Twi

• Bay Watcher
  • ✨heterotemporality✨
    • View Profile
« Reply #5876 on: February 05, 2014, 09:40:12 pm »

Heh, I understand what you mean. And yeah, I agree. Really, the only thing I'm correcting you on is that curse control was part of Asariel from the very beginning. Apart from that, yeah, this is complete bullshit. There is no logical way Asariel(?) would have gotten to make that curse action. If Neferis didn't simply crush the painting like a wad of paper, killing Seles horribly and preventing Asariel from doing anything, Shsy'm Caes would have nuked the painting into oblivion, killing Seles horribly and preventing Asariel from doing anything.

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5877 on: February 05, 2014, 09:41:42 pm »

At one point, an inquisitive post of mine was posted. One second later, according to the forum, a post was posted that answered my question by quoting the Perplexicon thread.

Huh. Probably a goof up with how the server handles the timestamps then.

Heh, I understand what you mean. And yeah, I agree. Really, the only thing I'm correcting you on is that curse control was part of Asariel from the very beginning. Apart from that, yeah, this is complete bullshit. There is no logical way Asariel(?) would have gotten to make that curse action. If Neferis didn't simply crush the painting like a wad of paper, killing Seles horribly and preventing Asariel from doing anything, Shsy'm Caes would have nuked the painting into oblivion, killing Seles horribly and preventing Asariel from doing anything.

For some reason I get the feeling that Asariel dying by that was is kinda small though.

Twi

• Bay Watcher
  • ✨heterotemporality✨
    • View Profile
« Reply #5878 on: February 05, 2014, 09:44:20 pm »

For some reason I get the feeling that Asariel dying by that was is kinda small though.

It has perfect dramatic timing, though. With Asariel cursing us, our last ditch effort is foiled. Without it, we have one last chance to try to stop Arya's house going to smithereens!

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #5879 on: February 05, 2014, 09:49:00 pm »

You say that like it's making things fun.
Pages: 1 ... 390 391 [392] 393 394 ... 1030