Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Best ship?

AngelxAlistair (Toy ship ahoy!)
- 2 (8.7%)
RichardxCyrielle (Yes, she's a side character. No, that does not make this any less cute.)
- 0 (0%)
MariaxSelinaxYurixNuriel (HAREM)
- 5 (21.7%)
RichardxCamille (The only couple who knew each other for longer than two months. Woo~)
- 1 (4.3%)
AshleyxConnyxNurielxBismuth (OPPOSING HAREM)
- 1 (4.3%)
LylexEveryone (An Uke and five Semes. Go figure.)
- 2 (8.7%)
AlistairxCatherine (Minako, eat your heart out.)
- 0 (0%)
MariaxSelina (The original, accept no substitutes.)
- 1 (4.3%)
LyleXRichard (Too much yuri, not enough yaoi.)
- 1 (4.3%)
IzzyxLucas (Because a normal tsundere is not enough.)
- 1 (4.3%)
WillxStella (*insert witty tagline here*)
- 2 (8.7%)
MariexEveryone (Marie, duh.)
- 2 (8.7%)
AshleyXRichard (Screw retcons, I want my OTP now!)
- 1 (4.3%)
MariaxMattxSelina (The original OT3. And who was Matt again?)
- 2 (8.7%)
Richard/CyriellexFourth Wall (Who didn't see this coming?)
- 2 (8.7%)

Total Members Voted: 23

Pages: 1 ... 435 436 [437] 438 439 ... 1030

Author Topic: Rise of the Magic Girls v2 OOC: MOAR LAMPSHADES PLEASE  (Read 970405 times)

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
Re: Rise of the Magic Girls v2 OOC: Oh mah gawd, the angst!
« Reply #6540 on: February 08, 2014, 11:55:36 pm »

Maybe everyone has implants that give them 'STDs' when they have sex before marriage.

ragnarok97071

• Bay Watcher
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
    • View Profile
« Reply #6541 on: February 08, 2014, 11:55:54 pm »

Yeah, but STD's aren't necessarily only transmitted that way. Often they may be transmitted various other bodily fluids.

The fact that it is still a place where an external observer's perception distorts it which is perfectly consistent. If it were consistently inconsistent, wouldn't the influence of observers randomly vary? Or am I thinking about this the wrong way?

Also, what happens if that perception forces a void entity into the form of something tied to Creation?

Usually? They roll with it, I mean they're constantly changing normally, not like the form's anything odd for them. And naturally, the Void has no consistent rules, eternally existing in all possible states at once, but the simple act of a being observing it causes those myriad possibilities to collapse into a single one that fits the intent and perception they bring with them.
...Is that basically quantum mechanics with extra solipsism?

Kinda.
Quote from: Wing, via Discord
I want a coat that doesn't make me look like a rear admiral from the East India Company

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6542 on: February 08, 2014, 11:58:02 pm »

Maybe everyone has implants that give them 'STDs' when they have sex before marriage.
...You do realize that on Bay12 we may feel obligated to investigate that via vivisection and weaponize it somehow, right?
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6543 on: February 08, 2014, 11:59:22 pm »

I was actually going to purpose it as a plot idea.

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6544 on: February 09, 2014, 12:04:15 am »

Yeah, but STD's aren't necessarily only transmitted that way. Often they may be transmitted various other bodily fluids.

The fact that it is still a place where an external observer's perception distorts it which is perfectly consistent. If it were consistently inconsistent, wouldn't the influence of observers randomly vary? Or am I thinking about this the wrong way?

Also, what happens if that perception forces a void entity into the form of something tied to Creation?

Usually? They roll with it, I mean they're constantly changing normally, not like the form's anything odd for them. And naturally, the Void has no consistent rules, eternally existing in all possible states at once, but the simple act of a being observing it causes those myriad possibilities to collapse into a single one that fits the intent and perception they bring with them.

Kinda.
Are there any safeguards to prevent the perception from erasing the void of all life?

ragnarok97071

• Bay Watcher
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
    • View Profile
« Reply #6545 on: February 09, 2014, 12:05:26 am »

Kinda.
Are there any safeguards to prevent the perception from erasing the void of all life?
The fact that it resets itself as soon as they're gone and that person would pretty much immediately die because they'd perceive it as a place that they cannot exist, mostly.
I want a coat that doesn't make me look like a rear admiral from the East India Company

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6546 on: February 09, 2014, 12:07:02 am »

Why don't the entities within it affect it with their own perceptions?

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6547 on: February 09, 2014, 12:07:13 am »

But logically if they went there they wouldn't think it doesn't exist as it can be perceived.

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6548 on: February 09, 2014, 12:08:43 am »

Plus they won't die from the logic error because their perception allows them to in the first place.

ragnarok97071

• Bay Watcher
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
    • View Profile
« Reply #6549 on: February 09, 2014, 12:11:18 am »

Why don't the entities within it affect it with their own perceptions?

Because their perception is that everything is fluid, stacked on top of itself, eternally in flux.

It's only creation, with its narrow-minded viewpiont, that causes the collapse.

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6550 on: February 09, 2014, 12:12:23 am »

But what if someone who acknowledges the quantum physics to an excessive degree goes in then?

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6551 on: February 09, 2014, 12:26:17 am »

Wait, isn't void implied to be internally consistent seeing as Abraxas is able to seal it off or use it for his magic without any inconsistencies?

mcclay

• Bay Watcher
  • Gay, Tired and Just here to Vibe
    • View Profile
« Reply #6552 on: February 09, 2014, 12:27:28 am »

Wait, isn't void implied to be internally consistent seeing as Abraxas is able to seal it off or use it for his magic without any inconsistencies?
Emp, I think you may be thinking about this too hard. Suspend your disbelief for it and just enjoy it.
Am I back? Its a mystery to everyone

ragnarok97071

• Bay Watcher
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
    • View Profile
« Reply #6553 on: February 09, 2014, 12:30:36 am »

Only insofar as it reacts with Creation, which imposes structure and consistency upon it.

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6554 on: February 09, 2014, 12:32:21 am »

Only insofar as it reacts with Creation, which imposes structure and consistency upon it.
Why does Creation override void? Also, why does only Creation have a capital letter? Or why Void still doesn't have a less confusing name like Shys'm Caes for that matter :P
Pages: 1 ... 435 436 [437] 438 439 ... 1030