Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Best ship?

AngelxAlistair (Toy ship ahoy!)
- 2 (8.7%)
RichardxCyrielle (Yes, she's a side character. No, that does not make this any less cute.)
- 0 (0%)
MariaxSelinaxYurixNuriel (HAREM)
- 5 (21.7%)
RichardxCamille (The only couple who knew each other for longer than two months. Woo~)
- 1 (4.3%)
AshleyxConnyxNurielxBismuth (OPPOSING HAREM)
- 1 (4.3%)
LylexEveryone (An Uke and five Semes. Go figure.)
- 2 (8.7%)
AlistairxCatherine (Minako, eat your heart out.)
- 0 (0%)
MariaxSelina (The original, accept no substitutes.)
- 1 (4.3%)
LyleXRichard (Too much yuri, not enough yaoi.)
- 1 (4.3%)
IzzyxLucas (Because a normal tsundere is not enough.)
- 1 (4.3%)
WillxStella (*insert witty tagline here*)
- 2 (8.7%)
MariexEveryone (Marie, duh.)
- 2 (8.7%)
AshleyXRichard (Screw retcons, I want my OTP now!)
- 1 (4.3%)
MariaxMattxSelina (The original OT3. And who was Matt again?)
- 2 (8.7%)
Richard/CyriellexFourth Wall (Who didn't see this coming?)
- 2 (8.7%)

Total Members Voted: 23

Pages: 1 ... 724 725 [726] 727 728 ... 1030

Author Topic: Rise of the Magic Girls v2 OOC: MOAR LAMPSHADES PLEASE  (Read 970421 times)

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
Re: Rise of the Magic Girls v2 OOC: Oh mah gawd, the angst!
« Reply #10875 on: April 07, 2014, 01:40:30 pm »

Seham. Unless he has insane magic he would not be able to prevent a nuke from ruining his plans. And I think nuking demons as soon as they invade a city makes loads of sense.
And if there was an army already that was near why couldn't they just kill the dozen demons they would have to fight? A demon isn't going to keep walking as well with a couple of clips in him.
Humans have ways to avoid nukes ruining their days without any magic. And nuclear missiles are remarkably delicate devices; just how much Seham could screw with it is dependent only on how far out he can detect missiles from. Since it's hard to hide ICBMs...well, there's a good chance that it would hit some other population center.
You...you don't understand how things work, do you? If Obama heard demons were invading Chicago, he would not nuke them. That would be stupid. That would kill millions of Americans and cost billions, if not trillions, to repair, all because we've heard that some weird things were attacking Chicago. More likely, he'd treat it as a terrorist attack and send SEALs or Green Berets or something. When that failed, he'd probably turn to conventional armies (e.g, with tanks and artillery and stuff), and lose because those things are more useful when you're not fighting mobile, magical monsters with healing abilities and enough strength to disable or destroy a tank single-handedly. If he didn't try those first, he'd be seen as a lunatic; best-case scenario is impeachment and disgrace, worst-case is imprisonment for life and the destruction of the Democratic Party. And if someone other than the US nuked Chicago...well, can you say World War III? Basically, everyone would need to somehow know that the demons were nuke-worthy threats before they spread to multiple cities, at which point a single nuke wouldn't exactly end the threat and multiple nukes would have costs in hundreds of millions if not billions of lives.
Demons are pretty tough, actually, and as it happens they're making an army largely out of conscripts.

And seriously, is this any worse than the plots the rest of you come up with? Why are people capturing members of the group with non-unique capabilities? Why did those angels decide that destroying the world that Shys'm Caes was living on was the best way to deal with the issues, or that Yuri's mom would make a better God than she? Why did IRIS make an intelligent AI with desires to become Skynet? I'm pretty sure I've put more thought into Seham's plans than a lot of the uncomplained-about plots did into their Big Bads' plans.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #10876 on: April 07, 2014, 01:46:18 pm »

That still doesn't explain why the army men he has didn't defect immeadietly.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10877 on: April 07, 2014, 02:39:22 pm »

The thing about conscription is that it usually implies some way of maintaining control and/or loyalty. The demons have a number of options, really.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10878 on: April 07, 2014, 02:44:07 pm »

What options do they have that prevents assassination, disloyalty, and just shooting them?

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10879 on: April 07, 2014, 02:46:18 pm »

Assassination: Being demons.
Disloyalty: Fear, punishment, and decent living conditions.
Just shooting them: Being demons.
Sig

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10880 on: April 07, 2014, 02:50:54 pm »

Being demons doesn't prevent assassination and shooting them. Nuriel proved that.

Fear and punishment also inspires disloyalty. And decent living conditions are to be expected and not affect ones veiws.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10881 on: April 07, 2014, 03:00:57 pm »

Oh, is that so? When was Nuriel shot by a normal human and promptly put down?

Fear and punishment discourage people actually acting on disloyalty.
Sig

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
  • Death and I, we have an understanding
    • View Profile
« Reply #10882 on: April 07, 2014, 03:02:52 pm »

only on the short term, which is the case right now. Give it a few years and that will lose effectiveness
Find comfort in that most people of intelligence jeer at the inmost mysteries, if superior minds were ever placed in fullest contact with the secrets preserved by
 ancient and lowly cults, the resultant abnormalities would soon not only wreck the world, but threathen the very ingerity of the cosmos

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10883 on: April 07, 2014, 03:04:17 pm »

Soldiers can shoot several hundred times that amount in a minute. And Nuriel killed Seham with blunt force trauma. Which brings mental images of demons being run over in comedic ways.

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
  • Death and I, we have an understanding
    • View Profile
« Reply #10884 on: April 07, 2014, 03:05:33 pm »

I am not sure this city has automated rifles yet
Find comfort in that most people of intelligence jeer at the inmost mysteries, if superior minds were ever placed in fullest contact with the secrets preserved by
 ancient and lowly cults, the resultant abnormalities would soon not only wreck the world, but threathen the very ingerity of the cosmos

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10885 on: April 07, 2014, 03:15:58 pm »

Soldiers can shoot several hundred times that amount in a minute. And Nuriel killed Seham with blunt force trauma. Which brings mental images of demons being run over in comedic ways.
If they have heavy weaponry. Normal assault rifles can only shoot a tiny fraction of that fast, and not for long...and that's if the soldier actually hits.
Seham took wounds earlier in the battle, it wasn't a one-hit-kill.
Sig

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10886 on: April 07, 2014, 03:18:42 pm »

Yeah but if he was in enough mind to taunt I'd imagine he wasn't to badly hurt.

And nothing will make me stop wanting to drop an anvil on a demon.

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10887 on: April 07, 2014, 03:56:47 pm »

ARGUING CONTINUES BEING ILLOGICAL.

CEASE.
Black lives matter.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10888 on: April 07, 2014, 07:50:57 pm »

Yeah but if he was in enough mind to taunt I'd imagine he wasn't to badly hurt.
Considering that the whole scene only existed because writing "Nuriel burns Seham. He dies." would be horribly anticlimatic...

And nothing will make me stop wanting to drop an anvil on a demon.
No problem.

ARGUING CONTINUES BEING ILLOGICAL.

CEASE.
Yeah. As long as he ignores important points, there's no point arguing.
kj seems to do that a lot, finding one point of my argument he can argue against and ignoring everything else. I hate to drop the C-bomb, but it reminds me a lot of Creationist "debating skills"...
Sig

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10889 on: April 07, 2014, 08:06:00 pm »

Point... it would still be kind of funny.

And it's just easier for me pick one point. I try to respond to everyone though...
Pages: 1 ... 724 725 [726] 727 728 ... 1030