Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Best ship?

AngelxAlistair (Toy ship ahoy!)
- 2 (8.7%)
RichardxCyrielle (Yes, she's a side character. No, that does not make this any less cute.)
- 0 (0%)
MariaxSelinaxYurixNuriel (HAREM)
- 5 (21.7%)
RichardxCamille (The only couple who knew each other for longer than two months. Woo~)
- 1 (4.3%)
AshleyxConnyxNurielxBismuth (OPPOSING HAREM)
- 1 (4.3%)
LylexEveryone (An Uke and five Semes. Go figure.)
- 2 (8.7%)
AlistairxCatherine (Minako, eat your heart out.)
- 0 (0%)
MariaxSelina (The original, accept no substitutes.)
- 1 (4.3%)
LyleXRichard (Too much yuri, not enough yaoi.)
- 1 (4.3%)
IzzyxLucas (Because a normal tsundere is not enough.)
- 1 (4.3%)
WillxStella (*insert witty tagline here*)
- 2 (8.7%)
MariexEveryone (Marie, duh.)
- 2 (8.7%)
AshleyXRichard (Screw retcons, I want my OTP now!)
- 1 (4.3%)
MariaxMattxSelina (The original OT3. And who was Matt again?)
- 2 (8.7%)
Richard/CyriellexFourth Wall (Who didn't see this coming?)
- 2 (8.7%)

Total Members Voted: 23

Pages: 1 ... 981 982 [983] 984 985 ... 1030

Author Topic: Rise of the Magic Girls v2 OOC: MOAR LAMPSHADES PLEASE  (Read 970417 times)

PrivateNomad

• Bay Watcher
  • Certified Time Traveler
    • View Profile
Re: Rise of the Magic Girls v2 OOC: MOAR LAMPSHADES PLEASE
« Reply #14730 on: June 01, 2014, 09:50:45 am »

"wish that fgt bartimeaus wus here 2 hlp me. fgt"

Alucard sends a minor lash of void magic at her.

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
  • Death and I, we have an understanding
    • View Profile
« Reply #14731 on: June 01, 2014, 09:58:55 am »

((So far so good, we still need summoning rules. Note, her armor would give her a speed penalty of -1))

Turn 2

"If I hed mai real body I'mma killed you already!"

ICARUS attempts to escape the void rift [6] and just barely makes it out. She then updates her strength yet again and tries to smash Alucards head into the bar! [2] vs [3] Since either are pretty drunk, or so the low rolls suggest, she fails, still a bit shaken from the void rift.

Alucard tries to blast ICARUS with magic [2] vs [6] but the shot goes wide, and smashes a few bottles of booze on the wall!

If not mainained, the void rift dissipates

Combatants:

Icarus (44) (14)
Alucard (43) (20)

Insert action.
((You will need to update your sheet with a few numbers for the rift, for instance normal escape beign a TN of 3, the harder on 5, while small damage is d3, then d6, then d9))
Find comfort in that most people of intelligence jeer at the inmost mysteries, if superior minds were ever placed in fullest contact with the secrets preserved by
 ancient and lowly cults, the resultant abnormalities would soon not only wreck the world, but threathen the very ingerity of the cosmos

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14732 on: June 01, 2014, 10:02:03 am »

((Oh right, Selinas sheet has to keep in mind that the bigger the drawback, the more the TN is reduced. You may want to look over that))
Find comfort in that most people of intelligence jeer at the inmost mysteries, if superior minds were ever placed in fullest contact with the secrets preserved by
 ancient and lowly cults, the resultant abnormalities would soon not only wreck the world, but threathen the very ingerity of the cosmos

PrivateNomad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14733 on: June 01, 2014, 10:02:45 am »

((What the hell is a TN))

"Bich fuk u fgt"

Alucard maintains the void rift and sends out another lash of minor void magic.

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14734 on: June 01, 2014, 10:12:59 am »

((The difficulty a roll has to pass for the action is to succeed. For instance a medium spell only works if you at least roll above 3))

Turn 3

Since ICARUS already escaped the void rift, maintaining it does nothing, unless he attempts to push ICARUS back in, however, one of the unlucky bargoers who was caught inside is now swallowed by the void.

"Bag to de void witcha!"

ICARUS continues boosting her strength in drunken rage, and attempts to throw Alucard right into his own rift! [11] vs [6] Alucard is grabbed and thrown! He smashes into the floor under the center, and is sucked in it, taking [11+3] vs [9] 5 damage from the throw, and [7] vs [5] 2 damage from his own rift!

He sends out a lash of void energy towards ICARUS! [11] vs [3], dealing [2] vs [1] measly 1 point of damage, perhaps being in his own rift distracted him!

Combatants:

Icarus (43) (12)
Alucard (36) (18)

Insert action.
« Last Edit: June 01, 2014, 10:14:30 am by Akroma »

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #14735 on: June 01, 2014, 10:15:42 am »

Wat

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14736 on: June 01, 2014, 10:16:47 am »

((complete new system has been posted, test battle to see maybe some flaws and balance it. So far I can say the problem may be that damage is still kinda low compared to health, but we *are* rolling really crappy..))

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14737 on: June 01, 2014, 10:17:35 am »

I like the idea of Alucard having an anti-magic pistol and an anti-void pistol that can be combined to form a completely normal pistol :P
I've seen less silly weapons on RWBY. Even if the antimagic and antivoid combined into some kind of explody shot.

((What the hell is a TN))
Target Number

Wat
What wat?
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

PrivateNomad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14738 on: June 01, 2014, 10:19:21 am »

((Updated Alucard's sheet with more spells. Read over it and tell me if it's okay.))
 "void4lyfe"
Alucard disables the rift and sends a lash of minor void magic at ICARUS.
« Last Edit: June 01, 2014, 10:21:27 am by PrivateNomad »

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14739 on: June 01, 2014, 10:19:35 am »

I was more referring to Icarus and Alucard's... dialogue. Also, I totally would have voluntered if I didn't think the health stat was a bad idea. Mana stat to.

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14740 on: June 01, 2014, 10:27:53 am »

((Void fire might have the side effect of setting someone on fire, perhaps? Also, I totaly forgot to roll for critical hits, will try to remember. Also KJ we discussed this. If health is part of endurance, it snowballs out of controle))

Turn 4

As ICARUS still has the higher init, she acts befor Alucard can disable the rift, shooting her gun at the nearly immobile target! [10] vs [2-4] She hit's with no problem at all! [9] vs [3] the bullet deals 6 damage to Alucard!

Alucard disables the rift before it can further damage him, and void lashes at ICARUS! [4] vs [11] the shot goes wide!

"Thad all you god bich?"

Combatants:

Icarus (43) (12)
Alucard (30) (17)

Insert action. Brb as I make food

« Last Edit: June 01, 2014, 10:55:37 am by Akroma »

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14741 on: June 01, 2014, 10:30:31 am »

Why not just have it straight Resit plus Defense? Same with mana. Just make it straight Magic plus mind. Then you don't need to raise the statcap to make things work as well.

PrivateNomad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14742 on: June 01, 2014, 10:36:51 am »

"gawd dammeet"
Alucard sends out a medium void lash at her.

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14743 on: June 01, 2014, 10:40:25 am »

((KJ, try and actually give some numbers and examples when you suggest things, because frankly, I am not sure what you mean))

PrivateNomad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14744 on: June 01, 2014, 10:42:21 am »

((HP=Defense+Resistance, MP=MIND+MAG. I think that's what he means))
Pages: 1 ... 981 982 [983] 984 985 ... 1030