Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Best ship?

AngelxAlistair (Toy ship ahoy!)
- 2 (8.7%)
RichardxCyrielle (Yes, she's a side character. No, that does not make this any less cute.)
- 0 (0%)
MariaxSelinaxYurixNuriel (HAREM)
- 5 (21.7%)
RichardxCamille (The only couple who knew each other for longer than two months. Woo~)
- 1 (4.3%)
AshleyxConnyxNurielxBismuth (OPPOSING HAREM)
- 1 (4.3%)
LylexEveryone (An Uke and five Semes. Go figure.)
- 2 (8.7%)
AlistairxCatherine (Minako, eat your heart out.)
- 0 (0%)
MariaxSelina (The original, accept no substitutes.)
- 1 (4.3%)
LyleXRichard (Too much yuri, not enough yaoi.)
- 1 (4.3%)
IzzyxLucas (Because a normal tsundere is not enough.)
- 1 (4.3%)
WillxStella (*insert witty tagline here*)
- 2 (8.7%)
MariexEveryone (Marie, duh.)
- 2 (8.7%)
AshleyXRichard (Screw retcons, I want my OTP now!)
- 1 (4.3%)
MariaxMattxSelina (The original OT3. And who was Matt again?)
- 2 (8.7%)
Richard/CyriellexFourth Wall (Who didn't see this coming?)
- 2 (8.7%)

Total Members Voted: 23

Pages: 1 ... 1006 1007 [1008] 1009 1010 ... 1030

Author Topic: Rise of the Magic Girls v2 OOC: MOAR LAMPSHADES PLEASE  (Read 970413 times)

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
Re: Rise of the Magic Girls v2 OOC: MOAR LAMPSHADES PLEASE
« Reply #15105 on: June 03, 2014, 10:12:18 am »

Precisely why a buff is in order. As I see it, there are several ways to balance Anima for the new system;

- All summons 110, but a 3-4 turn duration and a 2-3 turn summon time.
- All summons 100, no duration, 1-turn summon
- All summons 95, no duration and no summon time.
- As needed per summon

All of them would have the caveat of one summon out only and take directly from Anima's mana pool (as they always have) rather than their own.

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
  • Death and I, we have an understanding
    • View Profile
« Reply #15106 on: June 03, 2014, 10:17:54 am »

all 3 seem okay, pick your favourite.
Find comfort in that most people of intelligence jeer at the inmost mysteries, if superior minds were ever placed in fullest contact with the secrets preserved by
 ancient and lowly cults, the resultant abnormalities would soon not only wreck the world, but threathen the very ingerity of the cosmos

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
« Reply #15107 on: June 03, 2014, 10:19:44 am »

I'll take the 95; giving any of them mana doesn't matter as they don't use their own mana while under Anima's control.

Angle

• Bay Watcher
  • 39 Indigo Spear Questions the Poor
    • View Profile
    • Agora Forum Demo!
« Reply #15108 on: June 03, 2014, 11:02:09 am »

GWG: Healing(Afflictions Only) is from Powers, page 51. It's a -40% limitation, and changes Healing fro 30 points to 18.

well, under new rules, PCs are at 100, normal humans at around 40-60 depending on their ability

Noooo, 100 is your lowest credible Adventurer. Your characters are almost certainly well above that.

Honestly, I'd advise you get familiar with gurps before trying to use it. The game you have going here is NOT simple, and requires a great deal of expertise. I have familiarity with most everything in GURPS, and I'd have to put in a load of work to make everything work properly.

Agora: open-source platform to facilitate complicated discussions between large numbers of people. Now with test site!

The Temple of the Elements: Quirky Dungeon Crawler

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15109 on: June 03, 2014, 11:38:54 am »

100 our system, not 100 gurps
Find comfort in that most people of intelligence jeer at the inmost mysteries, if superior minds were ever placed in fullest contact with the secrets preserved by
 ancient and lowly cults, the resultant abnormalities would soon not only wreck the world, but threathen the very ingerity of the cosmos

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #15110 on: June 03, 2014, 12:09:31 pm »

well, then please try to do it without making characters turn almost a whole 180°.
I think you're exaggerating a bit. Selina wasn't exactly a Blood Knight, and...I can't even think of similar snarks to say about the others. So explain this statement, please.

That Selina is simply wrong. Also it's hardly the weight limit that would make her overpowered, but the actual function, like the bracelet. That stuff she creates would come pre-enchanted with telepathy and teleportation, now *that* is something that needs to be rebelanced. I kinda doubt that the weight limit will help. As far as the combat-prohibiting flaws go, where do they suddenly come from even?
The weight limit is in the advantage, and I added a modifier that would allow her to ignore it with a bit of effort. Besides, how many things has she made that exceed the weight limit?
The combat-prohibiting flaws come from Selina's personality. They were Cado's idea, not mine.

the problem I think is that really, nobody knows what the hell GWG is even doing. 70/09.~77 we keep that below blah?

what? what does that even mean?
70 is the number of points left after buying two Alternate Forms. Alternate Form lets your alternate form be more powerful overall than the normal form, if you pay 90% of the difference. The difference has to be less than 77 points in this case, for reasons explained above.

More to the point, can someone point me to the GURPS rules we're using? The summoning system sounds like Anima, which I might reenter with, would be hideously unbalanced to her detriment.
4th edition. I've posted a link to a Dropbox of the core rulebook (well, the first, but the second isn't needed unless we're playing real GURPS, and it's barely needed then) twice. Here's another. It works, right?

the current gurps rules do not cover summoning, or at least the summoning rules fromg urps are not properly implemented yet.
I'll get around to it. Trying to make sure people don't want to throw out the GURPS book yet, and I've got real-life stuff to do too.
Basically, I'm planning to use the rules for Allies, specifically with the Summonable enhancement. Fiddling may be required to make it fit better with the summon rules you have.

GWG: Healing(Afflictions Only) is from Powers, page 51. It's a -40% limitation, and changes Healing fro 30 points to 18.
Good thing that I calculated it like that. I think.

100 our system, not 100 gurps
Precisely.
Although a character with 100 stat points typically also has 100 PP.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Projeck37

• Bay Watcher
  • what is love, baby don't hurt me
    • View Profile
« Reply #15111 on: June 03, 2014, 04:16:33 pm »

-snip-
« Last Edit: June 03, 2014, 06:06:26 pm by Projeck37 »
I be the Pillow Pirate of the 12 Bays!

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15112 on: June 03, 2014, 04:23:13 pm »

btw GWG, when trying to gurpsify us, can you please be a bit more specific what the stuff we have actually does?

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #15113 on: June 03, 2014, 04:24:20 pm »

I'll try to do that.

I take it you're still interested?
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15114 on: June 03, 2014, 04:26:10 pm »

well, we can have a look at the chars after you are done, and *then* vote, after everybody is done actually putting their own touches on the whole thing

edit: problem is of course, how long will that all take :(
« Last Edit: June 03, 2014, 04:29:20 pm by Akroma »

zombie killer

• Bay Watcher
  • mwuahahahahhaha
    • View Profile
« Reply #15115 on: June 03, 2014, 05:06:42 pm »

Interested in joining. Is there space?

I'd settle for capitalization. although all lower case seems to be zk's thing.
thank you and have a nice day!

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15116 on: June 03, 2014, 05:09:09 pm »

yes of course. Though a bit of patience may be in order, as this chapter is about to be closed, starting into a game set 5 years later - perfect time for new chars to get in. for the new rules, see link in my sig. For comparisons of your abilities against other abilities, just check charsheets also linked in my sig

Projeck37

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15117 on: June 03, 2014, 05:12:14 pm »

I'm currently statting my characters, Akroma.

Also, new tidbit:
4.) Annabelle has successfully overthrown the government in her home dimension, and has been elected President as the Ambassador with Earth. Any characters that want to claim to helping with this are welcome to.
« Last Edit: June 03, 2014, 05:21:06 pm by Projeck37 »

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15118 on: June 03, 2014, 05:12:43 pm »

so in short she is not coming back?

Projeck37

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15119 on: June 03, 2014, 05:20:39 pm »

Well, it's either her or Tobias that go bye bye. Not many people liked Annabelle it seemed. The only way that she would be staying as a side character is if I can have 3 characters.

Although, let me change her elected position...
Pages: 1 ... 1006 1007 [1008] 1009 1010 ... 1030