Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Husks not attacking one of the migrants? Hmm..  (Read 818 times)

nekoexmachina

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Husks not attacking one of the migrants? Hmm..
« on: July 15, 2014, 07:08:12 pm »

The title says it all. I got a migrant who is (I'm almost sure) alive dude, no vampirizm of necro-stuff. He arrived in wave-1.
He runs around on the surface, doing some buisness I tell him, and he starves, and wants to have a drink, and so on so on. I have multiple husks out there (5 of them currently) ignoring him completely. Is that errm okay? Cause I remember that in .34 they used to hunt down anything they see.
Whenever i read the "doesn't care about anything anymore" line, i instantly imagine a dwarf, sitting alone on a swing set. Just slowly rocking back and forth, somberly staring at the ground, and stopping every once in a while to sigh.
It's mildly depressing.

ShinQuickMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Mook
    • View Profile
Re: Husks not attacking one of the migrants? Hmm..
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2014, 08:19:34 pm »

There are similar problems happening in adventure mode in this version, including docile Titans, friendly night trolls, and zombies that attack their own masters. This is all likely part of the same issue.

ArmokGoB

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2014, 09:53:54 pm »

There are similar problems happening in adventure mode in this version, including docile Titans, friendly night trolls, and zombies that attack their own masters. This is all likely part of the same issue.
I spent two and a half real hours fighting a grimy gila monster clown who kept running away from me faster than Sanic on cocaine.
Cyclopes, prepare to meet your demise at the metaphorical hands of my cushion ruby cabochons.

Rum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2014, 05:40:57 am »

In previous versions husked civilians would always run away from my military dwarves and goblin husks would flee the map when their leader was killed, tho iirc I only noticed this with certain husks.   I think its a problem that undead who were raised from death dont have and others that were converted from living to undeath do have.   Though this could also be related to the new problems with friendly night creatures in the new version.

Spacespinner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2014, 06:08:56 am »

Not messed with husks, but I'm having regular undead hang around the edge of the map on arrival and almost completely ignoring my fort. Not even one tried to path through an open door.
Most people's relationship with Dwarf Fortress is akin to Stockholm Syndrome.