Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 45

Author Topic: Mission 17: Diplomacy  (Read 72803 times)

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
Re: Mission 17: Diplomacy
« Reply #285 on: November 12, 2014, 04:09:25 am »

"Just find their base and drop me near it. I can sneak in and I'll leave nothing standing before they even know I'm there."
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #286 on: November 12, 2014, 11:16:50 am »

"Could we perhaps make our retreat even more convincing by allowing one of us to become captured by our partners here? This also serves the double purpose that our partners would have a reason to keep talking to and thus distracting the UWM (figuring out what to do with the 'high ranking' prisoner should keep them busy for a while) and it gives us a contact inside the compound that allows us to covertly consult them for anything that comes up."

"Could we commandeer civilian vehicles to cover our approach and send a shuttle filled with decoys back to the mothership? I mean, with our MK suits on, nobody would be able to figure out the difference, if there are people observing the compound from the outside. And ensuring minimal contact with people inside the compound should minimize the risk of being discovered by any agents they might have here."

All those big words and lines I memorised for those war epics and spy films are finally being put to good use! Let's hope they make me sound more professional to them.

Do we know where the UWM transmitter is? If yes, what do we know about the surrounding area and forces? (Asking anyone that might know.)
« Last Edit: November 12, 2014, 11:18:54 am by Parisbre56 »

Icefire2314

• Bay Watcher
  • Programmer and Space Enthusiast
    • View Profile
« Reply #287 on: November 12, 2014, 07:22:10 pm »

"Just find their base and drop me near it. I can sneak in and I'll leave nothing standing before they even know I'm there."

"I don't doubt your capabilities, but if you're wrong then you're dead. Not only that, missing a member severely decreases -at least my- life expectancy. I would like to not die today."

(Although it's more than probably regardless)
"ERUTH PULL THE DAMN LEVER THE ZOMBIES ARE ABOUT TO GET INSIDE!"
"zzz"
BAY 12 MINI CITY: http://bay-12.myminicity.com/

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #288 on: November 13, 2014, 07:46:01 am »

"I wouldn't say it if I couldn't do it. The sneaking in part may not even be necessary."
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
« Reply #289 on: November 13, 2014, 11:55:30 am »

That's just as inspiring and awesome as one would expect of you, General. Maurice smiled warmly, somehow bleeding his respect and cheerful smile over the comms. However, here we are in force, and it might be wiser to use the most of it. Even though few here rival your power and might, at the very least, that would allow for multi-tasking by delegating the lesser jobs to others, allowing you to focus on the task at hand. And at the worst... we might be greatly underestimating the UWM presence here, and would happen to need every man available.
Past Sigs
Nikitian kneels in front of his computer, fresh lamb's blood on his hands, and prays to the dark powers for answers about armor thickness.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #290 on: November 13, 2014, 12:51:15 pm »

'It's a goddamn christmas miracle.' Miya muttered to himself.

"Ok gents, you heard the man. Get up and prepare to go.

Lars, great job on the talking parts, I wasn't mistaken in choosing you."

Get ready to leave. Ask Steve:

"Is there any way you could take care of them from where you are? A full orbital strike would have too much collateral, but what about the Sword's laser batteries? And do you have any intell about the target place and staff that our new friends here don't? Finally, do you think we should handle it, or shall we retreat and send a covert op to do it?"

>Here's what I'm thinking. I am pretty sure where there communication array is. It's an entanglement system so there's most likely only one of them, since such things are rather difficult to get. I'm going to fire a nice directed shot into it, destroy it before they  can whine to mommy. However, I think you lot should walk straight up to the front door and proceed to massacre and obliterate that installation. And I mean down to the damn foundation.

For publicity sake, of course. Show the people here we're more then capable of dealing with the UWM. And that we're not the type of people they should even consider double crossing.

Sound reasonable?

"Could we perhaps make our retreat even more convincing by allowing one of us to become captured by our partners here? This also serves the double purpose that our partners would have a reason to keep talking to and thus distracting the UWM (figuring out what to do with the 'high ranking' prisoner should keep them busy for a while) and it gives us a contact inside the compound that allows us to covertly consult them for anything that comes up."

"Could we commandeer civilian vehicles to cover our approach and send a shuttle filled with decoys back to the mothership? I mean, with our MK suits on, nobody would be able to figure out the difference, if there are people observing the compound from the outside. And ensuring minimal contact with people inside the compound should minimize the risk of being discovered by any agents they might have here."

All those big words and lines I memorised for those war epics and spy films are finally being put to good use! Let's hope they make me sound more professional to them.

Do we know where the UWM transmitter is? If yes, what do we know about the surrounding area and forces? (Asking anyone that might know.)
>You've got an Avatar, a robot samurai, a battle suit, A four armed amp demigod and a few old hand soldiers besides it.  I don't think they'll be able to put up much of a defense in comparison to that. 

The Team walks right back out the way it came and loads up onto the shuttle, the battle suit and Avatar attaching themselves to the underside to be carried.

>We've got a bit until we get out to the site. If you got questions about what you're gonna be facing there, ask away.

The shuttle is already up and flying before anyone can ask anything.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #291 on: November 13, 2014, 01:18:33 pm »

((Steve gives the FUN missions to teams who play nice, it appears.))

Lars bows his head in a long-overdue prayer.  "We rejoice in doing your work, O Glorious Steve!  Do you have a map of the site?  Are there civilians nearby, or can we loose forth the full glory of our works of Ingram?  Are there any other objectives besides leveling it?"

<3 to Steve
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #292 on: November 13, 2014, 01:24:30 pm »

Quote from: Lyra to Steve
Blueprint?
Number?
Gear?
Capture?
Ask
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
« Reply #293 on: November 13, 2014, 01:26:29 pm »

Do you need any captives, Steve? And, on the off-chance of any of them surrendering, what are we supposed to do with those?
Seek answers from Steve.
(('Cause, you know, I wouldn't say we are (all) cold-blooded murderers all the (former) HMR Corpsmen are expected to be.))
Past Sigs
Nikitian kneels in front of his computer, fresh lamb's blood on his hands, and prays to the dark powers for answers about armor thickness.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #294 on: November 13, 2014, 03:08:56 pm »

>Here's what I'm thinking. I am pretty sure where there communication array is. It's an entanglement system so there's most likely only one of them, since such things are rather difficult to get. I'm going to fire a nice directed shot into it, destroy it before they  can whine to mommy. However, I think you lot should walk straight up to the front door and proceed to massacre and obliterate that installation. And I mean down to the damn foundation.

For publicity sake, of course. Show the people here we're more then capable of dealing with the UWM. And that we're not the type of people they should even consider double crossing.

Sound reasonable?

"If you are confident in your capability of taking out their comms, then yeah, we can do this. Do you want us to just cleanly remove that place off the map, or should we make some show out of it? I'd normally go for the former myself, but if this is supposed to serve as a little mindgame with our new BFF's then I could see the value in the latter."

>We've got a bit until we get out to the site. If you got questions about what you're gonna be facing there, ask away.
He waits a second to let his teammates ask a few of their questions, so as not to be redundant.

"Hmm, yeah, as the others mentioned, a map of the compound and surrounding area would be convenient, as well as estimated enemy strength and what kinds of opposition we can expect. Should we expect civvies to work in the complex itself, or will it be full of UWM diehards only?

Oh, and a more unconventional question: remember the Hexbarax sim, where I converted some dirt into uranium, compressed it into a bomb, and then used a force shield to direct the blast? Do you think I could do that here, and if yes, would it be wise?"

Talk to Steve-O.

"By the way guys, I have a chem thrower with goop loaded that I'm willing to loan out, in case it's needed. But only to people who can actually use it. Oh, and a piezoelectric shard launcher."
« Last Edit: November 13, 2014, 03:19:23 pm by Radio Controlled »

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Icefire2314

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #295 on: November 13, 2014, 07:19:20 pm »

Sit on the shuttle, purify self of any fear for the coming fight.
"zzz"

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #296 on: November 13, 2014, 07:41:05 pm »

"Is there anything sensitive in the area? Something that would release poisonous gas or cause an explosion if destroyed?

If we can capture the equipment intact, do we do so or is destruction necessary? Is there any equipment that would be valuable for us or our allies there?

Do you know if that chief UWM guy/girl will be there and if capturing them would be possible? If the interrogation reveals nothing, giving them to our allies to put on trial would be good for morale.

What is our engagement range? Could one of us engage from afar for greater safety or is there no way to do that?

What is the chance of enemy reinforcements, the local government or UWM sympathizers getting in our way?

Is there any chance that we will loose contact with you?"

Ask the above questions. Unless they've been already covered in other people's answers.

Icefire2314

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #297 on: November 13, 2014, 09:18:54 pm »

"If we can capture the equipment intact, do we do so or is destruction necessary? Is there any equipment that would be valuable for us or our allies there?[/b]

(IF NOT PRIVATE COMM)
"I would think that it would be a good idea to do so. Our friends here are very research oriented, they may find a technological research gift a sign of good faith."
"zzz"

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #298 on: November 17, 2014, 12:05:45 pm »

Quote from: Lyra to Steve
Blueprint?
Number?
Gear?
Capture?
Ask
>No, but I can offer assistance in navigation, at least in terms of broad ideas about where something would be.
>Unknown, probably large.
>Guessing mostly infantry, some armor,  Possible Battle suits or vehicles, entrenched defenses, etc. I wouldn't expect anything too heavy though; they're probably not expecting the locals to have gear on your level.
>Destroy.

Do you need any captives, Steve? And, on the off-chance of any of them surrendering, what are we supposed to do with those?
Seek answers from Steve.
(('Cause, you know, I wouldn't say we are (all) cold-blooded murderers all the (former) HMR Corpsmen are expected to be.))
>If they surrender and you feel like taking them prisoner, sure. But keep in mind it would probably be easier to just shoot everyone, decap the ones with intact heads and stuff them in a sack for later interrogation.

You know you want to become the local boogey man, carrying a sack of severed heads.

Sound reasonable?

"If you are confident in your capability of taking out their comms, then yeah, we can do this. Do you want us to just cleanly remove that place off the map, or should we make some show out of it? I'd normally go for the former myself, but if this is supposed to serve as a little mindgame with our new BFF's then I could see the value in the latter."

He waits a second to let his teammates ask a few of their questions, so as not to be redundant.

"Hmm, yeah, as the others mentioned, a map of the compound and surrounding area would be convenient, as well as estimated enemy strength and what kinds of opposition we can expect. Should we expect civvies to work in the complex itself, or will it be full of UWM diehards only?

Oh, and a more unconventional question: remember the Hexbarax sim, where I converted some dirt into uranium, compressed it into a bomb, and then used a force shield to direct the blast? Do you think I could do that here, and if yes, would it be wise?"

Talk to Steve-O.

"By the way guys, I have a chem thrower with goop loaded that I'm willing to loan out, in case it's needed. But only to people who can actually use it. Oh, and a piezoelectric shard launcher."
>Do it in whatever way is the most fun.

>I can get you a satellite map of the base, but I have no idea what the interior is like.  I only know where the coms are because of the the big stupid dish on the roof and the UWM's unfortunate habit of putting the FTL and Normal coms in the same room. I mean, don't stick it underground in 10 feet of lead and concrete since the connection doesn't require normal signals, noooo, put it right out...I'm digressing.

>There might be civies. I can't tell you for certain that there aren't cleaning crew or workers in the lunch room or gardeners or whatever that are civilians. I can tell you that if they are, they'd probably dress differently and run in the opposite direction when hostilities start.

>You could try, but do keep in mind the fact that it will take a while and be very taxing on you.

Sit on the shuttle, purify self of any fear for the coming fight.
"Fear is the mind killer, yada yada, LETS GO BREAK SOME HEAAAADS! I'M A SEXUAL TYRANNOSAURUS! I AIN'T GOT TIME TO BLEED!"

"Is there anything sensitive in the area? Something that would release poisonous gas or cause an explosion if destroyed?

If we can capture the equipment intact, do we do so or is destruction necessary? Is there any equipment that would be valuable for us or our allies there?

Do you know if that chief UWM guy/girl will be there and if capturing them would be possible? If the interrogation reveals nothing, giving them to our allies to put on trial would be good for morale.

What is our engagement range? Could one of us engage from afar for greater safety or is there no way to do that?

What is the chance of enemy reinforcements, the local government or UWM sympathizers getting in our way?

Is there any chance that we will loose contact with you?"

Ask the above questions. Unless they've been already covered in other people's answers.

>If there is it would probably be labeled as such. They tend to do that around here, the weirdos. So if you see a big tank marked "FUEL: HIGHLY FLAMMABLE" chances are that it is fuel. And that it is highly flammable.

>If you find military equipment like vehicles or ammo or stuff like that, you can save it. Electronics and stuff are better off in pieces. This is a military base, they won't have anything in the way of tech that hasn't been seen before.

>Fair. I'm sure the base has a commander if nothing else. If you can capture them, go for it. If not, at least hang their body somewhere visible, yeah?

>I'm gonna put you down at a pretty good distance. I'm flying you in low, under their sensors, and putting you down outside their visual range. You can choose how to engage.

>Anything is possible, but I don't think it's probable.

>Unlikely. If it happens, I'll establish a secondary connection using a more...interesting route.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #299 on: November 17, 2014, 02:51:56 pm »

>I can get you a satellite map of the base, but I have no idea what the interior is like.  I only know where the coms are because of the the big stupid dish on the roof and the UWM's unfortunate habit of putting the FTL and Normal coms in the same room. I mean, don't stick it underground in 10 feet of lead and concrete since the connection doesn't require normal signals, noooo, put it right out...I'm digressing.

"You're right, that really is stupid. Almost as if we're fighting an overly confident and bloated institution, heh.

But yes, a satellite map of the base and the surrounding area would be rather convenient. Could you perhaps check with our new friends in high places whether they know anything about it? Even stuff like side entrances could be useful. Oh, and quick check, do bases like that usually have their own power supply, or do they run of the general net?

Secondly, could you tell me when exactly you will fire at their comms? Did you do it already just to be sure, or will you wait till we're in position? Oh, and would you be willing to shoot at them some more if needed? Could prove useful for a first strike. How accurate are your laser batteries anyway?"

TALKING
« Last Edit: November 18, 2014, 07:01:27 am by Radio Controlled »

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 45