Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Who is your favorite Hero?

Arkun-Sha! Bringing down the chieftan was so badass I almost forgot it was scripted.
- 6 (31.6%)
Alca-un. She's the most badass, of course!
- 5 (26.3%)
Ulla-Sha. Going on a century didn't stop her from whooping ass.
- 7 (36.8%)
Amma-ah, she's so caring and kind, how could you not like her?
- 1 (5.3%)

Total Members Voted: 19

Pages: 1 ... 41 42 [43] 44 45 ... 54

Author Topic: The Starborn [Xenofiction?]  (Read 73232 times)

Karnewarrior

• Bay Watcher
  • That guy who used to be here all the time
    • View Profile
Re: The Starborn [Xenofiction]
« Reply #630 on: December 29, 2012, 10:40:00 pm »

?
Are you saying that eating a big mac is like huffing paint piranhas?

Because I'd actually probably go with the piranhas. Less fatal. :P
Thou art I, I art Thou.
The trust you have bestowed upon thy comrade is now reciprocated in turn.
Thou shall be blessed when calling upon personae of the Hangman Arcana.
May this tie bind thee to a brighter future!​
Ikusaba Quest! - Fistfighting space robots for the benefit of your familial bonds to Satan is passe, so you call Sherlock Holmes and ask her to pop by.

Thecard

• Bay Watcher
  • Back in With the Old!
    • View Profile
« Reply #631 on: December 29, 2012, 10:44:04 pm »

Taste better too.

I think the slaughter part is what made them angry.
OOC: Dachshundofdoom: This is how the world ends, not with a bang but with goddamn VUVUZELAS.
Those hookers aren't getting out any time soon, no matter how many fancy gadgets they have :v

javierpwn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #632 on: December 29, 2012, 10:49:47 pm »

And you'll probably wont catch a disease from it

EDIT: Mcdonalds actually gets the cleanest meat in the country, the rest of the tainted crap goes for public consumption
« Last Edit: December 29, 2012, 10:51:29 pm by javierpwn »

rabidgam3r

• Bay Watcher
  • bruh
    • View Profile
« Reply #633 on: December 29, 2012, 11:09:36 pm »

Okay, fine. But i agree with the 'wanted a drink' plan.
Even if he hadn't brought the server down in a ball of flaming, slow-mo gibbing corgis

kaian-a-coel

• Bay Watcher
  • (Exo)biologist student
    • View Profile
« Reply #634 on: December 30, 2012, 02:36:16 am »

Put that cup of coffee somwhere (except in your stomach), and stay in the room with the other goblins. They're right.
EA games is like the dark lord sauron, and the gaming consumer demographic is like gollum.
Sauron makes the precious.
Gollum loves and hates the precious.
Full Sig

Thecard

• Bay Watcher
  • Back in With the Old!
    • View Profile
« Reply #635 on: December 30, 2012, 02:59:41 am »

No, don't stay!  We need to fucking progress!

OOC: Dachshundofdoom: This is how the world ends, not with a bang but with goddamn VUVUZELAS.
Those hookers aren't getting out any time soon, no matter how many fancy gadgets they have :v

kaian-a-coel

• Bay Watcher
  • (Exo)biologist student
    • View Profile
« Reply #636 on: December 30, 2012, 03:12:46 am »

Sometimes progress is made by doing nothing, and waiting for things to advance by themselves. Only to act later, when a better opportunity arise.

TL;DR don't freak out the aliens by demonstrating a uncooperative behaviour, let them come and do experiences, try to discuss, and so on.
EA games is like the dark lord sauron, and the gaming consumer demographic is like gollum.
Full Sig

Thecard

• Bay Watcher
  • Back in With the Old!
    • View Profile
« Reply #637 on: December 30, 2012, 03:26:16 am »

We should show our intelligence by doing something smart and trying to talk to some.  We shouldn't be penned like helpless beasts.  We need to show them that while we don't mean them harm, we will not be slaves.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #638 on: December 30, 2012, 08:43:22 am »

Put that cup of coffee somwhere (except in your stomach), and stay in the room with the other goblins. They're right.
No, they aren't.
Staying in one place indicates passivity or stupidity.
Exploration indicates curiosity and intelligence.
If we ran around smashing stuff, that would be bad, but if we don't do anything worse than picking locks and trying various beverages we'll be showing them how intelligent goblins can be rather than how stupid.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #639 on: December 30, 2012, 09:19:24 am »

The worst thing that can happen is we act like a gremlin and pull the self-destruct lever.

On another note, open the door slowly, listen for conversations behind the door or peek through the lock. We don't want to come face to face (or waist to face) with an unsuspecting alien.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #640 on: December 30, 2012, 09:34:03 am »

The worst thing that can happen is we act like a gremlin and pull the self-destruct lever.
So no pulling levers.

On another note, open the door slowly, listen for conversations behind the door or peek through the lock. We don't want to come face to face (or waist to face) with an unsuspecting alien.
Sounds like a good plan. Only reverse "unsuspecting alien."
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

kaian-a-coel

• Bay Watcher
  • (Exo)biologist student
    • View Profile
« Reply #641 on: December 30, 2012, 12:13:07 pm »

I am rather not okay with "Staying in one place indicates passivity or stupidity."
Who invented the computer you're reading this on: sedentary humans or nomads?

Staying with the other goblins despite differences of opinion indicate social behaviour and cooperation.
Say, if you were the humans there, and see one of those unknown alien roaming around, what will you do? Congratulate him for showing curiosity and wit?
No, be honest, you'll rush to the nearest alarm and call security, screaming about a containment breach or something.
Full Sig

RoaryStar

• Bay Watcher
  • Skilled Programmer
    • View Profile
« Reply #642 on: December 30, 2012, 12:16:07 pm »

I am rather not okay with "Staying in one place indicates passivity or stupidity."

Staying with the other goblins despite differences of opinion indicate social behaviour and cooperation.
Say, if you were the humans there, and see one of those unknown alien roaming around, what will you do? Congratulate him for showing curiosity and wit?
No, be honest, you'll rush to the nearest alarm and call security, screaming about a containment breach or something.
And that is exactly why I said, "Explore but go back to the "cell" if anyone is heard/seen to be coming"

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #643 on: December 30, 2012, 12:21:26 pm »

Okay then; let's make something!
Oh wait, we can't.

Well, two things.
1. They don't know our differences.
2. Not going with the pack indicates independence. Going with popular will could be interpreted as anything from loyalty to a lack of free will.
3. We broke out. We solved a problem using what we had. That proves our intelligence.
4. We weren't told that we were being kept in one place and have no IC way of figuring that out. The lock was curious, but we have no idea of what a "lock" is--doors are new concepts for us. We don't realize we're prisoners or captives or whatever. We have no reason to think that we're not supposed to leave.
Sig

Origami_Psycho

• Bay Watcher
  • The Arcane Crepe!
    • View Profile
« Reply #644 on: December 30, 2012, 12:23:07 pm »

Move forward, kicking down all the doors in our path.  Those we can't kick down, lets force the lock.

OH yeah, EAT DIRT.

Also, Wyrm, we noticed that we are only a small portion of the group that came here.  We can infer that they are being held else where.
« Last Edit: December 30, 2012, 12:46:00 pm by Origami_Psycho »
GENERATION 12: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
That's right bitches, we're a fucking terminator.
Our new catch phrase is: "I wont be back."
Pages: 1 ... 41 42 [43] 44 45 ... 54