Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 11

Author Topic: You are Intergalactic Space Battlecruiser!  (Read 18628 times)

Cairon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
You are Intergalactic Space Battlecruiser!
« on: March 26, 2012, 08:53:15 pm »

You are an advanced intergalactic space battlecruiser, on a mission to...-

Millions of years pass and you drift through space, unable to do anything...

Finally you crash land onto a planet, much of your systems destroyed or damaged beyond repair. Self-diagnostics have revealed that your CPU core has been undamaged, however the memory banks were wiped nearly clean by an unknown event.

The only functions remaining are of a local scanner, an 'army' of one hundred repair/maintenance/worker robots, and your advanced intelligence.

You detect nearby motion... some form of carbon-based life approaches.

>...?
That's no moon...  It's a mountainhome.

Mr. Dwarfinton

• Bay Watcher
  • This space has been left blank by the user.
    • View Profile
Re: You are Intergalactic Space Battlecruiser!
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2012, 08:56:00 pm »

> Blindly fire laser cannons towards the lifeforms. No one will be spared from your destruction.

MarcAFK

• Bay Watcher
  • [INSANITY INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2012, 09:06:47 pm »

Lazer cannons are damaged i believe :'(
I require a diagnostic on the Repair/maintenance robots, do they have any ability that might be useful for self defence against carbon based lifeforms? Gas/electric arc welders, Manipulating Arms/claws? Cutting saws or drills? Concentrated microwave or other form of EM communication arrays that could be all aimed at enemy x100 for some kind of mildly blinding/a smashing effect? nano-disassemblers?
Sonic screwdriver?
Could we maybe assume that the repairbots are varied and that a handful of each may have these abilities/equipment but they can't all be suitably equipped(without spending time modifying them all).
They're nearly as bad as badgers. Build a couple of anti-buzzard SAM sites marksdwarf towers and your fortress will look like Baghdad in 2003 from all the aerial bolt spam. You waste a lot of ammo and everything is covered in unslightly exploded buzzard bits and broken bolts.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2012, 09:35:46 pm »

[request technical data regarding automated drones]

>Order 20 drones to construct fortifications sealing off any physical access to our core.
>Observe carbon-based lifeforms more closely. Attempt to determine if they are equines.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

MarcAFK

• Bay Watcher
  • [INSANITY INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2012, 09:39:20 pm »

If those Carbon based life forms turn out to be Ponies this core is going to short itself out and leave the rest of the CPU to fend for itself D=
They're nearly as bad as badgers. Build a couple of anti-buzzard SAM sites marksdwarf towers and your fortress will look like Baghdad in 2003 from all the aerial bolt spam. You waste a lot of ammo and everything is covered in unslightly exploded buzzard bits and broken bolts.

mcclay

• Bay Watcher
  • Gay, Tired and Just here to Vibe
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 26, 2012, 09:41:40 pm »

Actually if the Life Forms turn out to be Ponies much giant spaceshi hugging shall be had that day.
Am I back? Its a mystery to everyone

Cairon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 26, 2012, 10:41:13 pm »

Unfortunately the laser batteries are currently inoperable as is any other form of weaponry. Something that you should fix, given the opportunity...

Your scanners determine the lifeforms are bipedal and they cluster in packs, they have reached the exterior hull of the ship and are banging on it with what appears to be implements made of bone. They appear to communicate amongst themselves verbally, and you have begun to translate their language through great computational power.

Loadout Specifications on the Robots indicate that they are armed with electric arc welders, manipulator arms/claws, as well as cutting saws & drills. Each repairbot is identical. They could be used as a crude form of self-defense, but they would be brutally effective against these low-tech denizens.

Your robots quickly seal off the core from outside intrusion, and five bots remain inside to perform any needed tasks.

Limited system records indicate that this ship once housed a nano-machine fabrication array, perhaps it could be repaired and returned to service. Over ninety percent of the ship is offline and unknown as to their contents or function.

>...

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 26, 2012, 10:46:30 pm »

>Send 25 bots to restore the fabrication array to working order.
>Send 25 bots in detachments of 5 to scout out the ship and attempt to locate activation switches/control stations/technical database.

If the bipeds endanger the integrity of the ship or any components thereof, deploy 20 bots utilizing their tools in an offensive role. If this is necessary, it should be determined if we should merely drive them off (+: Status as god, spreading knowledge of danger here; -: hostility, spread of knowledge of our existence) or slaughter them all (the opposite, in terms of knowledge).

3. Run Resize Enable

MrWiggles

• Bay Watcher
  • Doubt Everything
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 26, 2012, 10:50:21 pm »

So essentially, the paliothic cave things are of no threat, to us, and probably little use for now.

What are the cave things saying anyway? And do we have a means to communicate  with the cave things?

And we should see about getting that nano fabrication machine. I also think we need to send some of our repairbots to explore the ship, and document it. What I'd like is a list of systems and it's status. And I'd like a list ordered with the "easiest" to repair being on top. Easier being in either number of bot-hours or ability to fabricate the needed parts.
Doesn't like running from bears = clearly isn't an Eastern European
I'm Making a Mush! Navitas: City Limits ~ Inspired by Dresden Files and SCP.
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=113699.msg3470055#msg3470055
http://www.tf2items.com/id/MisterWigggles666#

Cairon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 28, 2012, 11:35:23 am »

You send out fifty robots, half to where the records indicate there was a fabrication array, and the rest to explore the rest of the vessel in detachments of five.

Meanwhile, you have finished translating the bipedal language, It is quite basic. They have been discussing what fell from the sky (you) and what it could possibly be. It should be possible to speak to them through part of the ship's intercom system should you cut it out and re-purpose it to one of your robots, or create a stationary speaker-tower. Either way... It is clear that something needs to be done with these biologicals. They are getting annoying with their racket and may possibly find a way inside if they linger much longer.

Finally your robots arrive at the supposed fabrication array and find that it not only existed, but is currently in shambles. The robots begin cleaning and repairing the best they can.

>...

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 28, 2012, 11:42:40 am »

-Look for:
-The  Reactors or whatever powers this ship.
-Engines
-Droid manufactury

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 28, 2012, 12:07:56 pm »

>Use parts of the intercom system to upgrade a robot to be able to communicate vocally.
>Have the 25 robots in detachments of 5 continue mapping out the ship. Note all points of interest.
>If possible, deploy a single robot through an access port far from the bipeds and have it scout the area around the ship, up to 500 meters in all directions from the hull. Have it avoid contact with the bipeds and any other large lifeform. Return it to the ship once this is complete.

3. Run Resize Enable

Zecro_The_Scourge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 28, 2012, 12:30:02 pm »

^This
"Also I always figured you were like Tesla, only requiring two hours of sleep before going onto whatever you do"

Gotdamnmiracle

• Bay Watcher
  • Or I'll cut ya to dust.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 28, 2012, 01:21:08 pm »

Suppose I will jump on board with this.
Go back see if he's there and run him over, and drink his gun!

MikaTheCrazy

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't know why this is my avatar now
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 28, 2012, 01:55:00 pm »

Hopping on the bandwagon. Modify a drone to be able to communicate with bipeds. Inform the bipeds that any hostile behavior will be met with lethal force. To put it in a way that they would understand, you attack us, we kill you all.
Okay fine, maybe I'm too lazy to find something to put here.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 11