Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 40

Author Topic: Temporal Anomaly: I've got a baaaaad feeling about this  (Read 23875 times)

darkflagrance

• Bay Watcher
  • Carry on, carry on
    • View Profile
Re: Temporal Anomaly: OH GOD OH GOD I'M GONNA DIE I'M GONNA DIE
« Reply #150 on: May 13, 2010, 07:01:14 am »

>No matter what we decide to do to them in the end, we should at least suck out their appendixes in a way that would not alert them and use the resultant biological material as fuel to create armies of blood golems.
...as if nothing really matters...

The Legend of Tholtig Cryptbrain: 8000 dead elves and a cyclops

Tired of going decades without goblin sieges? Try The Fortress Defense Mod

Pathos

« Reply #151 on: May 13, 2010, 09:20:59 am »

>Non-permanent crowd control. Freeze up their tendons in their arms, causing them to drop their weapons. You are not officially the enemy until you kill one

I bet they're going to turn out to be robots or something.

>This. Give all of them a weak heart attack to incapacitate them, (they're presumably healthy young men, they'll be fine) and cause the arm muscles of any still standing to spasm and drop their guns. Then, freeze those still standing and question them on why they're here. Make it quick, before any of them get back up.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #152 on: May 13, 2010, 12:40:55 pm »

observe,Incapacitate and interrogate. Got it.

The soldiers certainly look as though they're actively searching for someone, though they could easily just be searching for any survivors. Their uniforms are the same shade of gray as the concrete around them but they don't seem to have any identifying marks or patches. They do bear a strong resemblance to an example that the "Transcendent man" used repeatedly as an enemy. Deciding that its best to act before you're discovered you render the two soldiers nearest to you unconscious before systematically four more mild heart attacks, rendering them unconscious as well. With some effort you manage to mentally infiltrate the remaining men and temporarily paralyze them. Within a matter of seconds you manage to incapacitate every soldier you see, rendering all but one, the one you wish to talk to, unconscious or paralyzed. The remaining man stands ramrod stiff near the stairs, his finger poised on the trigger of his weapon but unable to use it.

Paralyzed does not mean unconscious, just to let you know, and requires a new roll (just one) every turn to make sure you maintain control. On the other hand it also means you could instantly start puppeting them for use as disposable drones if you want. Anyways, Ask your questions/do what you want with them.

Pathos

« Reply #153 on: May 13, 2010, 12:52:34 pm »

>Ask what they were looking for and what they were going to do.

smigenboger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: May 13, 2010, 01:07:05 pm »

>Get those fingers away from the triggers. Time for some questions. Declare neutrality (or say you're on their side) and find out about the immediate warring factions.
While talking to AJ:
In college I studied the teachings of Socrates and Aeropostale

Pathos

« Reply #155 on: May 13, 2010, 01:12:38 pm »

>Get those fingers away from the triggers. Time for some questions. Declare neutrality (or say you're on their side) and find out about the immediate warring factions.

>And this.

smigenboger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: May 13, 2010, 01:13:56 pm »

I'd really prefer to have everyone place their weapons in a stack, but others may say 'that's boring'
While talking to AJ:

Pathos

« Reply #157 on: May 13, 2010, 01:53:26 pm »

I'd really prefer to have everyone place their weapons in a stack, but others may say 'that's boring'

Well, this is B12G. Anything that doesn't involve a downhill chase by magmabears probably counts as boring.

smigenboger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: May 13, 2010, 02:10:47 pm »

Spoiler: Had to get out a bit on Magmabears:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: May 13, 2010, 10:34:52 pm by smigenboger »
While talking to AJ:

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #159 on: May 14, 2010, 01:01:24 am »

You drop your metal pipe and take the gun from the petrified man, slinging it over your shoulder before attempting to talk to the man. Despite your best efforts to communicate with the man he doesn't seem to understand you and only barks at you in some strange mix of racial slurs, swears and a broken mix of Russian and Japanese. As you attempt to communicate with the man you let your focus slip slightly, allowing one of the paralyzed men to regain some control of his body. As soon as you notice your mistake you attempt to correct but accidentally burn out the man's nervous system, killing him in a rather horrible and loud way.

Sorry guys, you rolled bad. I don't think that will help diplomatic relations much.

Pathos

« Reply #160 on: May 14, 2010, 01:40:30 am »

>Kill all but three of them, and experiment with our powers on the alive ones. We're not going to get anything out of them worthwhile (we can't even communicate) so we might as well improve ourselves whilst we're here.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
Re: Temporal Anomaly: Are heads supposed to explode like that?
« Reply #161 on: May 14, 2010, 01:44:50 am »

We'll wait for the input of the others before we continue

Pathos

Re: Temporal Anomaly: Are heads supposed to explode like that?
« Reply #162 on: May 14, 2010, 01:46:03 am »

We'll wait for the input of the others before we continue

Agreed.

smigenboger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: May 14, 2010, 01:55:58 am »

This faction is useless to us, so we might as well support the BF2142 version of the EU since the Pan-Asian Coalition are obviously not going to support our cause. Better snuff out the rest of the nearby PAC and see how the other warring faction will react to us.

I'm totally going to rip on Eragon for this next move

>It should take little to no effort to pinch vital brain components. Giving the medulla a little squeeze will give an almost immediate death.

From my psychology textbook:
While talking to AJ:

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #164 on: May 14, 2010, 02:21:27 am »

This faction is useless to us, so we might as well support the BF2142 version of the EU since the Pan-Asian Coalition are obviously not going to support our cause. Better snuff out the rest of the nearby PAC and see how the other warring faction will react to us.

I'm totally going to rip on Eragon for this next move

>It should take little to no effort to pinch vital brain components. Giving the medulla a little squeeze will give an almost immediate death.

From my psychology textbook:
Do you want to just kill them or do like pathos said and experiment with them a bit. You could probably make something useful out of them or gain some practical experience with brain or nervous system manipulation.
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 40