Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

One or the other... vote once for #1 and once for #2.

#1: Put the Alarm Siren in the Military Garrison, it fits and is one buildings less.
#1: Keep the Alarm Siren seperate, I want to have it near my other levers.
#2: I have traded with Gnomes, build Artificer and Weather Control Station.
#2: I have NOT traded with Gnomes, did not have the chance to build their buildings.

Pages: 1 ... 111 112 [113] 114 115 ... 749

Author Topic: ☼MASTERWORK-DF☼ V.3 - New release and old post. This will be locked later.  (Read 1799075 times)

Orb

• Bay Watcher
  • [Loves_RTS]
    • View Profile
Re: ☼MASTERWORK☼ Dwarf Fortress - for 34.03. Rebalanced.
« Reply #1680 on: February 29, 2012, 11:42:21 am »

Quick Question: How "good" are gem weapons?

Also: As a balancing thing, I think turret speed needs to be reduced further. For a nigh "immovable" turret, it was moving a tile every two seconds at 100 FPS. In case this is a bug, it was seeking out an enemy.

Edit: How does assigning the noble positions of preacher/Prophet of Armok affect game play? Is it just for flavor?

These might be some good things to throw in the guide, because they aren't immediately obvious.
« Last Edit: February 29, 2012, 12:00:36 pm by Orb »
[Will:1] You scream. You scream like a little girl in pigtails and a tutu, flailing ineffectually like a starfish on meth.

Flobulon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1681 on: February 29, 2012, 12:24:21 pm »

Quick Question: How "good" are gem weapons?

Also: As a balancing thing, I think turret speed needs to be reduced further. For a nigh "immovable" turret, it was moving a tile every two seconds at 100 FPS. In case this is a bug, it was seeking out an enemy.

Edit: How does assigning the noble positions of preacher/Prophet of Armok affect game play? Is it just for flavor?

These might be some good things to throw in the guide, because they aren't immediately obvious.

Well according to the manual "The strength of weapons and armor made of gems is linked to the value. There are ornamental gems=weaker then iron, semi-precious gems=better then iron and precious gems=steel like."

Preachers and Priests basically just conduct meetings with angry dwarves to help calm them down. Prophets of Armok act like sheriffs I believe, so are mostly just for flavour.

Zeebie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1682 on: February 29, 2012, 01:27:52 pm »

Well this is interesting - I figured out that my mayor was a vampire, so I turned him into a golem. But he's still the mayor.  Conducts meetings and everything.

UncleCern

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1683 on: February 29, 2012, 01:33:48 pm »

For those that are getting extra bars from the arc furnace change

[REAGENT:ore powder:1:POWDER_MISC:NONE:NONE:NONE][REACTION_CLASS:WOLFRAM]

to

[REAGENT:ore powder:150:POWDER_MISC:NONE:NONE:NONE][REACTION_CLASS:WOLFRAM]

God damn it. What is the name of the file this hing is... aarrggghhhhh!

EDIT: Found it but looking for that caused massive frustration  :P
« Last Edit: February 29, 2012, 01:35:44 pm by UncleCern »
Welcome to the mad, mad world of RAW errors or duplication. Somewhere you have files which dont quite add up, and crazy shit happens(..) There are instances of this where you can adventure as a fly, or embark with wagonmeat, wearing shoes made of burning soap(..)

DF is so awesome that it doesnt just crash, it crates batshit crazy worlds where intelligent chairs farm dragons and make houses out of thier toenails.

xaldin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1684 on: February 29, 2012, 01:37:34 pm »

Well this is interesting - I figured out that my mayor was a vampire, so I turned him into a golem. But he's still the mayor.  Conducts meetings and everything.

Ok that is an interesting combination. Probably not a great idea to have golem be mayor but still a borderline between bug and unplanned feature :p

smakemupagus

• Bay Watcher
  • [CANOPENDOORS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1685 on: February 29, 2012, 02:04:02 pm »

to

Get a text editor with grep or "Find in file" if you're going to be doing any coding :)

Ishar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1686 on: February 29, 2012, 02:26:30 pm »

So, am I really the only one who still uses the Mayday tileset? That's kinda sad. Also, yay, different embark races may become a thing!
Shadytorments, a Masterwork DF community fort - RESTARTED as Newtorments!

UncleCern

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1687 on: February 29, 2012, 02:28:18 pm »

to

Get a text editor with grep or "Find in file" if you're going to be doing any coding :)
Nice to know such things exist... Oh gods, It'd have saved me a lot of time!
Welcome to the mad, mad world of RAW errors or duplication. Somewhere you have files which dont quite add up, and crazy shit happens(..) There are instances of this where you can adventure as a fly, or embark with wagonmeat, wearing shoes made of burning soap(..)

DF is so awesome that it doesnt just crash, it crates batshit crazy worlds where intelligent chairs farm dragons and make houses out of thier toenails.

HARD

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1688 on: February 29, 2012, 02:29:48 pm »

I can't run settings exe, i got error about Net Framework, which one i need? 3.5?

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
    • Regeneration: Forced Evolution
« Reply #1689 on: February 29, 2012, 02:45:22 pm »

I can't run settings exe, i got error about Net Framework, which one i need? 3.5?
Google myfriend, then get the latest version (if that's 3.5 very well)

smakemupagus

• Bay Watcher
  • [CANOPENDOORS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1690 on: February 29, 2012, 03:05:03 pm »

I don't know whether this is a bug or working as intended, but the reaction for press Pig tail oil takes a "empty food storage item", whereas the vanilla press rock nut paste takes a "Liquid container" i.e. jug (according to Magmawiki the reaction token qould be  is LIQUID_CONTAINER)

Seraphyx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1691 on: February 29, 2012, 03:08:54 pm »

Got a question about blueprints and licences. I set my craftsdwarf to craft toys for a season or two and when I was trading those things to caravans I noticed a lot of odd items like smiths guild license (or permit, don't remember) along with several other similar things. There were also several workshop blueprints like armory, weaponry, magma armory, etc...

So I tried to build the armory and it said I need blueprints for it. Are those the incorrect blueprints or what exactly were they? Are those things of any use or should I just sell them? I also had some other things like a golem heart? some sort of casting material, crystals, and several others I can't remember. I've never set my craftsdwarf to make toys before so if this is normal then disregard it, just seems weird.

sayke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1692 on: February 29, 2012, 03:19:24 pm »

seraphyx - those are probably toy versions of those items. if so, they won't work like the actual items do =D
i play the incredibly awesome Masterwork DF mod - a wonderful blend of simplicity and new features that actually improves FPS!

Seraphyx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1693 on: February 29, 2012, 03:35:54 pm »

Alright thanks. That's what I assumed it was. I probably wont be making any toys so I don't confuse myself.

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
    • Regeneration: Forced Evolution
« Reply #1694 on: February 29, 2012, 03:40:40 pm »

If its a case of toys then it may be a bug? They must be enabled in the entity?

Disregard this if I'm obviously not following
Pages: 1 ... 111 112 [113] 114 115 ... 749