Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

One or the other... vote once for #1 and once for #2.

#1: Put the Alarm Siren in the Military Garrison, it fits and is one buildings less.
#1: Keep the Alarm Siren seperate, I want to have it near my other levers.
#2: I have traded with Gnomes, build Artificer and Weather Control Station.
#2: I have NOT traded with Gnomes, did not have the chance to build their buildings.

Pages: 1 ... 188 189 [190] 191 192 ... 749

Author Topic: ☼MASTERWORK-DF☼ V.3 - New release and old post. This will be locked later.  (Read 1798992 times)

robertheinrich

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: ☼MASTERWORK☼ Dwarf Fortress - 1.6 NEW: ASCII & JollyBastion Tileset
« Reply #2835 on: March 17, 2012, 04:29:39 pm »

Just started playing your mod three days ago so maybe you donīt want to give much about my opinions and experiences... But yeah, there they are.
So far I love what I see, but with some exceptions. Iīll just list everything I stumbled upon:

- I hate cave fungus and the idea of edible stones seems ridiculous to me. If you want whole rock clusters vanish into nothing please make it optional and in the best case let us chose what kind of rock is prevalent (Iīd chose granite for crafting and building rooms, some others might chose those brick thingies which vaporize on digging).

- My turkey hens layed tons of eggs which canīt be boiled in the kitchen. This might be my own fault, because I manually copied df_savegame_updater.bat and df_savegame_updater.sh from Pheobus to the directory and called them because I didnīt like the  JOLLY gfx set and could not get rid of it any other way.

- Did you change vampires in any way? My expedition leader was found drained of all his blood. So far so good. I examined the rest of my peeps and only found a dwarven baby who had "working slowly due to scarcity of alcohol blabla" (babies shouldnīt work anyways) with tons of booze available. I assumed he was the vamp, but a month later he died of thirst. After that, no "drained of blood" events anymore.

Thatīs about it, thanks for all the work etc...
« Last Edit: March 17, 2012, 04:31:17 pm by robertheinrich »

Nomalas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2836 on: March 17, 2012, 05:03:53 pm »

Words cannot describe how much I love this mod with one of my favorite things being the slaves but with this love comes a 2 minor gripes, first one being the fact that Dwarf Therapist doesn't seem to see them as well as other dwarves whose caste has been changed with the use of the guild hall. The other gripe is how the naming works with them. Once they grow up they end up having a name which is 'dwarven name Slave Slave/Enslaved Profession Slave which is driving me nuts. Is there any way I can fix this? Also anyone having issues with the font not showing up properly in windowed mode? I end up with gaps till I adjust the size of the window.

Kieroshark

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #2837 on: March 17, 2012, 05:40:11 pm »

I wanted to say I find this mod absolutely amazing. The FPS help alone is legendary. I start getting really annoyed if the FPS drops below 100, and have lost more forts to lag than to fun. Masterwork changed that dramatically, and has made the game lot more fun for me. ;D

Additionally, I really like some of the features added, and especially the fact you allow features to be easily turned on and off, allowing me to customize the game in hundreds of different ways, as I feel like for any particular game.

Also, a minor thing. The "Simple Trading" option under Materials does not seem to save properly for me. It always changes back after loading settings, or restarting the settings executable (regardless of if I've saved or not).

Additionally, when using Dwarf Therapist (not sure if this is due to your mod, or just dwarf Therapist, if it's not you then disregard this) it does not seem to correctly read the gender of my dwarves at all. From what I could tell it was wrong around half the time. DT also seems to show up traders dwarven guards as mine. Led to a bit of confusion a few times. :)

Anywho, I'm not complaining, just figured I'd bring these to your attention. Thanks for all the work and the great mod! I love it. :)
« Last Edit: March 17, 2012, 05:53:04 pm by Kieroshark »

bombzero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2838 on: March 17, 2012, 05:45:18 pm »

If mandates are perfect...

MANDATE: Golem Heart 120/120

- I hate cave fungus and the idea of edible stones seems ridiculous to me. If you want whole rock clusters vanish into nothing please make it optional and in the best case let us chose what kind of rock is prevalent (Iīd chose granite for crafting and building rooms, some others might chose those brick thingies which vaporize on digging).

#1, cave fungus isn't edible stone, its dense clusters of fungi.
#2, there's an option button for it in the GUI.

Also, a minor thing. The "Simple Trading" option under Materials does not seem to save properly for me. It always changes back after loading settings, or restarting the settings executable (regardless of if I've saved or not).

Meph stated that simple trading is broken, so he just made it automatically set to no, whenever a civ has all its trade goods removed it just pulls from a list of EVERY trade good, resulting in elves bringing cacame figurines and burning elephant toys and other oddness.

(im answering some stuff for Meph due to his internet availability issues.)

Kieroshark

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #2839 on: March 17, 2012, 05:51:12 pm »

Meph stated that simple trading is broken, so he just made it automatically set to no, whenever a civ has all its trade goods removed it just pulls from a list of EVERY trade good, resulting in elves bringing cacame figurines and burning elephant toys and other oddness.

Ah, I appreciate the info. :)

Kieroshark

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #2840 on: March 17, 2012, 05:52:02 pm »

Double post, sorry. >_<

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #2841 on: March 17, 2012, 06:35:38 pm »

Thanks bombzero, right on the spot. The trading did not work out properly, so I set it to off by default till I figure out if there is a way to improve it. Otherwise I will just kill it. I usually allow every feature 1 release before I do anything, since I await feedback first.

As mentioned, cave fungus is optional, so no need to complain.

'dwarven name Slave Slave/Enslaved Profession Slave
Is it not possible to change the name ? As in nicknames and profession names ? If not then it starts to get difficult. Maybe i could remove CAN_SPEAK, so they only have Slave the Slave, and no actual names anymore. Not sure about how they work and rack up social skills then.

Eggs... I only tested on hen eggs, but in theory any egg should be good. Will test this.

Vampires are not changed. Yet. Have a look at "Fear the night", it might be an addition for the next version. Sorry guys, I dont think I will get anything done these next days, I have changed my entire route for northamerica, tons of work.

All I can offer for today are the new building guides. Like I said, they are slightly off, since I did chance some percentages slightly, but I figured that some people would like them anyway. So here you go :)
Building Guides

PS: Love how the feedback shifted from bugreports(v.1.4) to balancing/personal taste issues(v.1.6). I think once I clean up the problems with the wrong ascii tiles, finish the building guides and update the manual, there wont be much left to do... but new features of course :)
« Last Edit: March 17, 2012, 06:37:54 pm by Meph »
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

quintilius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2842 on: March 17, 2012, 07:00:25 pm »

i'm now at year 18... up to 30 dwarves (the children are starting to kick in) - but it's not enough.
with all these civilizations and a trade caravan every season (but one - no dwarves... my dwarven civ is apparently long gone) - i get an obscene number of attackers, resulting in some rather unhappy humans/drow/elves.  Some amusing scenes - but mostly it's a constant knife-edge.  I'm tempted to just wall it all up for 60 years until i have a population - i cant even elect a mayor yet.  (no - i cant quit... i'm the last hope of dwarfkind...)

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #2843 on: March 17, 2012, 07:25:20 pm »

Buy broodmothers and broodlords from the drow if you can. You should be up with a high count of dwarves in no time. I added them because of this.

PS: Shiny, over 10000 downloads. :)
« Last Edit: March 17, 2012, 07:32:36 pm by Meph »
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

quintilius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2844 on: March 17, 2012, 07:51:39 pm »

Buy broodmothers and broodlords from the drow if you can. You should be up with a high count of dwarves in no time. I added them because of this.

PS: Shiny, over 10000 downloads. :)

dwarven broodmothers?
i'd think a new caste might work better - broodmothers seems non-dwarfy to me.  Or just increase the rate at which royalty breed...  i'm still on 1.5 - i'm going to stay here for a while longer... if i suddenly had 200 dwarves i think it'd be a lot less fun

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #2845 on: March 17, 2012, 08:01:48 pm »

No, drow broodmothers. Pets you can order and buy in their caravans, if you are lucky and they have some in your world. Their offspring counts as dwarven citizen and can work :)

quintilius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2846 on: March 17, 2012, 08:07:45 pm »

No, drow broodmothers. Pets you can order and buy in their caravans, if you are lucky and they have some in your world. Their offspring counts as dwarven citizen and can work :)

like tigermen used to be? always hanging out in my meeting area becoming popular with the girls?

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
    • Regeneration: Forced Evolution
« Reply #2847 on: March 17, 2012, 08:09:02 pm »

i'd think a new caste might work better - broodmothers seems non-dwarfy to me.  Or just increase the rate at which royalty breed...  i'm still on 1.5 - i'm going to stay here for a while longer... if i suddenly had 200 dwarves i think it'd be a lot less fun
They make great cannon fodder, I'm thinking of adding a "Slave training workshop" where they take a craft and constantly keep working with it until they spit out a masterpiece allowing them to be drafted to the army. Leaving my normal dwarves safe while artificial dwarves/slaves do the dying letting the normal dwarf captain sit in the overlook directing the battle safefully.

like tigermen used to be? always hanging out in my meeting area becoming popular with the girls?
Nein, I mean no. Fully controllable.

quintilius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2848 on: March 17, 2012, 08:12:50 pm »

kk - stabilizing the current situation and upgrading...

fred1248

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2849 on: March 17, 2012, 08:20:02 pm »

I think it's time for some rebalancing and calibrating the stuff that's already in.
Not adding more and more stuff :(
Several features of this mod are overpowered and breaks the game.
and personally, I don't know what's up with the cave fungus and living stone.
They are practically good for nothing.
All they do is .. well ruin your fort design with hedious color scheme and very low material value.
I just wish there was an option to turn those and the deadly trap stuff off.
How do you deliberately crutch a dwarf who seems to have no urge to go to the hospital and be diagnosed with "walklessness?"
Break his other leg.
Pages: 1 ... 188 189 [190] 191 192 ... 749