Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

One or the other... vote once for #1 and once for #2.

#1: Put the Alarm Siren in the Military Garrison, it fits and is one buildings less.
#1: Keep the Alarm Siren seperate, I want to have it near my other levers.
#2: I have traded with Gnomes, build Artificer and Weather Control Station.
#2: I have NOT traded with Gnomes, did not have the chance to build their buildings.

Pages: 1 ... 214 215 [216] 217 218 ... 749

Author Topic: ☼MASTERWORK-DF☼ V.3 - New release and old post. This will be locked later.  (Read 1796337 times)

tahujdt

• Bay Watcher
  • The token conservative
    • View Profile
Re: ☼MASTERWORK☼ Dwarf Fortress - v1.7 NEW: More Sprites and Balancing
« Reply #3225 on: April 03, 2012, 08:43:40 pm »

In this mod, tetrahedrite has a 50% chance for coarse iron.
DFBT the Dwarf: The only community podcast for Dwarf Fortress!
Tahu-R-TOA-1, Troubleshooter
I suggest that we add a clause permitting the keelhauling of anyone who suggests a plan involving "zombify the crew".
Quote from: MNII
Friend Computer, can you repair the known universe, please?

Morwaul

• Bay Watcher
  • ..............boo
    • View Profile
« Reply #3226 on: April 03, 2012, 09:06:57 pm »

Here are some settings for a Gaia like map that has volcanoes.  Esentially I took the Gaia Map and removed all the seed stuff.  Now it has a random land mass.  I then upped the Volcanoes and borrowed a few other settings from the standard (or maybe Chocolate) Small Region so that it is more stable.  Just paste the info in the spoiler to the bottom of your World_gen.txt and then choose DIVERSE(MANY BIOMES) Random on the Design a world screen.

Meph, if you have any issue with me bastardizing your World Gen let me know and I'll remove this.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #3227 on: April 03, 2012, 09:18:10 pm »

I have no problem with bastarizing anything ;) ... I only have a problem with DFFD being down.
EDIT: Ignore this, it is back on.

I did add this as well:  - Added generic brewery reaction to refine any drink, instead of a specific one.

Proof of Concept, trade liason lets me order this:

And the new Building Guide as well. Updated the Armory and Craftsdwarf as well for those.

« Last Edit: April 03, 2012, 09:22:42 pm by Meph »
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Lockesly L`Crit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3228 on: April 03, 2012, 09:30:23 pm »

Buyable slave women that help repopulating fortresses.

*puts on magma-proof suit*
I SERIOUSLY hope that can be an option to disable individually. The thought of sex slaves, even in a game, is kinda revolting to me.
Plus, it's undwarflike. I'd expect something like that from the Orcs or Drow, but not the noble Mountainhomes. Now buyable Mercenaries... THAT is an idea I can get behind. :P

Morwaul

• Bay Watcher
  • ..............boo
    • View Profile
« Reply #3229 on: April 03, 2012, 09:39:33 pm »

That is awesome Meph.  I love that I can do it in Gold as well. 

Also, I had a thought, but am not sure if it is possible or desirable.  What do you think about changing stone so that it works like wood?  Have the walls drop one of 3 or 4 standardized stones when mined based off of value and magma safe.  Something like:

Stone Standard, Value 1
Stone Ornamental, Value 2
Stone Precious, Value 3
Stone Enchanted, Value 5 (Magic Stone, Living Stone (not meat stone), or something)

Stone Magma Safe, Value 2 (Dropped by all magma safe walls)

Flux, Value 2 (Dropped by Marble, Limestone, Dolomite, etc)
Fuel, Value 1 (Dropped by Bitmus Coal, Lignite, etc)

The names could be changed however you like.  The only issue I can see with this is color.  It sure would make stockpiling and reactione easier.  Maybe since there are not 25 different stones you could make reactions so we could queue make Precious Stone Door, or Standard Stone Pots. 

Anyway, just an idea.  Thanks for all the magic you do.

Seraphyx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Ok, so batch workshop has a higher priority all of a sudden ;) Please note that custom gloves have no left/right and wont work properly, so they cant be added.

Soldier Set: Helm, Breastplate, Greaves, Boots, Shield, Backpack, Flask.
Archer Set: Helm, Mailshirt, Greaves, Boots, Shield, Backpack, Flask, Quiver.
Clothing Set: Cap, Shirt, Pants, Shoes.
Medical Kit: 1 Crutch, 2 Splints, 2 Thread, 2 Cloth, 2 Soap.
Bed Room Set: 1 Door, 1 Bed, 1 Cabinet, 1 Chest.
Fancy Living Room Set: 1 Door, 1 Bed, 2 Cabinets, 2 Chests, 1 Armorstand, 1 Weaponrack.
Storage Set: 3 Bins, 3 Barrels, 3 Bags.

Anything else ? A simple batch option for producing several of the same item, like: 10 tables ? I dont know yet if I should add this to the fitting workshops (would make balancing harder) or make a dedicated "batch workshop"

I think batch workshops would be nice only because it somewhat lowers the amount of micromanaging which can be a huge pain later on in the game when you're getting sieged or you unleash things from the cavern and you have to pay more attention to that than your dwarves. Ultimately it's up to you if you want to add them. I'm also okay with them taking a longer time to produce obviously, it only makes sense that multiple tables take longer to produce than just one.

The other thing I wanted to ask is would we be able to select the materials of these things? For example the bedroom and living room sets, would we select to make the things out of rock or wood, since they can all be made out of those two things I think. I'm assuming we'd be able to choose but thought I'd ask anyway.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #3231 on: April 03, 2012, 09:51:18 pm »

I thought about standardized stones a long time.

The problem is that many reactions depend on these inorganic things, AND it is very, very, very, (and so on) difficult to get a good balance in the occurence. With plants, or animal poducts thats not a problem, but stone is what makes up all z-lvls. If I really mod this (and I will eventually) I have to chance... everything. And some people might not like it. The problem with these standardized materials is that they affect everything, since they are the base materials. If I change them, I change everything made from them, and all the reaction needed to produce it.

Nigh impossible to add this as an optional feature, and somehow I have the feeling that people think strongly about keeping their stone. I already removed 50% of the types with "simple stones" btw ;)

But yeah, this is a mammoth project I am looking forward to. :)

EDIT:@seraphyx: Beds are made of wood, rest of stone. Any stone, as usual. The gold one makes everything of gold, except the bed. I thought I simulate what people would otherwise build.
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #3232 on: April 03, 2012, 09:55:54 pm »

• Batch Reactions    - Make complete armor or clothing sets
  • Tradegoods          - Order crates of bars, sets of armor, medical kits and more
  • Optional weather   - Special rains and fogs for good regions, duststorms in deserts
  • Concubines          - If Migrants stop, buy Concubines to raise the number of offspring
  • Minor fixes

Special Thanks
This update has been heavily influenced by other modders, and I would like the thank arclance for the bloodwine idea, narhiril for the ongoing support and science about interactions, and of course Xangi and SethCreiyd for the big mods I was allowed to add. NW_Kohaku also deserves a mention here, since I based many of the new sprites on her (his?) work.

Full Changelog:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

PS: Fastest update I ever made. You guys were just so enthusiastic about the proposed tradegoods and batch reactions, I had to do this 8)
« Last Edit: April 03, 2012, 09:59:17 pm by Meph »

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
Re: ☼MASTERWORK☼ Dwarf Fortress - v1.7.1 NEW: Trade System & Armor Sets
« Reply #3233 on: April 03, 2012, 10:06:32 pm »

OMG.

Devlog:
You can carve tracks in stone now. I haven't done the wooden/metal constructed tracks yet. I haven't done minecarts either, but that's next. Tracks can be carved in stone floors or stone ramps, and it keeps track of the four directions in each tile so that you can have adjacent parallel tracks or carve writing into your fort without using too many tiles. For minecarts to make sense for mining, we'll have to change how mining works, but I want to get the carts moving first. By the time we're done, we're hoping to have the mining system remain about the same for new people, so they don't have to worry about tracks to get started (this might involve default embark wheelbarrows which dwarves would automatically use), but things will be much more efficient for people that use tracks and minecarts, across various industries.

This is amazing, I love it :) And whoever mentioned that wheelbarrows are still useful for stone, there you go, TodayOne thinks alike and adds wheelbarrows :) :)

Seraphyx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3234 on: April 03, 2012, 10:08:38 pm »

Yeah just finished reading through the new pages and saw you mentioned that in the last update about the batch workshops, sorry about that. Figured I would reply before I forget what I was going to say (as I often do)

Also, thanks to Morwaul for editing the gaia map to have volcanoes, I swear I tried everything and it always gave me an infinite amount of rejects. I also tried setting the seed info to random but for whatever reason it didn't really change the look of the map or help with adding volcanoes. Either way thanks. I wish I would have kept my old params to compare what you did to mine.

----

About the new poll option, if it's not too much trouble can we get a short description for each one? It's possible that I'm just slow or something but I want to make sure I understand what I'm voting for.

Right now it would be "I might get used to it" and no idea on number 2, leaning more towards make it optional but that's only because I don't really understand it. The only issue I have is that I like having different colored rocks, I think if we still have multiple colors of rocks I'd be ok with it. If it's just one or two types then I'll probably get used to it but not be a huge fan of it.
« Last Edit: April 03, 2012, 10:27:17 pm by Seraphyx »

tahujdt

• Bay Watcher
  • The token conservative
    • View Profile
« Reply #3235 on: April 03, 2012, 10:28:35 pm »

Could you possibly add the pokemon mod as an optional setting. It has  a lot of the kanto pokemons, and the basic berries. I like it, but I like masterwork more. Could I have both?
DFBT the Dwarf: The only community podcast for Dwarf Fortress!
Tahu-R-TOA-1, Troubleshooter
I suggest that we add a clause permitting the keelhauling of anyone who suggests a plan involving "zombify the crew".
Quote from: MNII
Friend Computer, can you repair the known universe, please?

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #3236 on: April 03, 2012, 10:35:17 pm »

No.  The reason is that it does not fit the theme of middle aged fantasy, the real reason is that I, as a 12-year veteran player and DCI Judge of Magic the Gathering absolutely detest Pokemons.

EDIT: About the rocks:
Normal rocks are like this: They have names: Dolomite, granite, gabbro, schelite, bla bla and so forth.
Standardized rocks are like this: Rock, Precious Rock, Magmasafe Rock. Same as the wood: Rough wood, smooth wood. Or Silk: Silk, Rare Silk. Same idea.

EDIT2: Just made the poll a bit... simpler. btw NO ONE ever complained about the missing names for all other materials, it is weird. Seems like people dont even notice that they use wood, instead of "kapok wood" and "saguaro wood" and "oak wood"... not a single report was about: I want werewolf leather armor and giant spider silk gloves, instead of leather armor and silk gloves. I expected more in that regard, but I am positively surprised of course.
« Last Edit: April 03, 2012, 10:40:17 pm by Meph »

Lockesly L`Crit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3237 on: April 03, 2012, 10:40:30 pm »

No.  The reason is that it does not fit the theme of middle aged fantasy, the real reason is that I, as a 12-year veteran player and DCI Judge of Magic the Gathering absolutely detest Pokemons.

Oh thank god. When I play DF, I imagine Warhammer Fantasy, not Pokemon.

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3238 on: April 03, 2012, 10:42:29 pm »

OMG.

Devlog:
You can carve tracks in stone now. I haven't done the wooden/metal constructed tracks yet. I haven't done minecarts either, but that's next. Tracks can be carved in stone floors or stone ramps, and it keeps track of the four directions in each tile so that you can have adjacent parallel tracks or carve writing into your fort without using too many tiles. For minecarts to make sense for mining, we'll have to change how mining works, but I want to get the carts moving first. By the time we're done, we're hoping to have the mining system remain about the same for new people, so they don't have to worry about tracks to get started (this might involve default embark wheelbarrows which dwarves would automatically use), but things will be much more efficient for people that use tracks and minecarts, across various industries.

This is amazing, I love it :) And whoever mentioned that wheelbarrows are still useful for stone, there you go, TodayOne thinks alike and adds wheelbarrows :) :)

Deer harnessing please. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0lX6rGITrJQ

Lockesly L`Crit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3239 on: April 03, 2012, 10:45:22 pm »

Deer harnessing please. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0lX6rGITrJQ

Finally, a decent use for a catsplosion. :D
Pages: 1 ... 214 215 [216] 217 218 ... 749